E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pinguhk
I do the waxing my self 6 to 8 hour job at home
Did that before on my previous car, not a good result.

Don't want to risk my new car.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mark_hk
I go to Keepre... tried it out for the first time last week and am happy with results!

There are lot of choice from Keepre. Which plan did you take? seems they are even more costly than Glare.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by telegogo
There are lot of choice from Keepre. Which plan did you take? seems they are even more costly than Glare.
Better ask Keith san for help. He's our expert
Old 02-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Dont join any of their plans, its useless, although i am their customer aswell but just for washing (only when i am not free)
The thing that they use just the normal sealant, but they just give it a better name.

So why should you spend 3K for something cost 150HKD??
Its just waste your time and money :thumbsdown:
Old 02-17-2010, 08:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Did that before on my previous car, not a good result.

Don't want to risk my new car.
Maybe you just do the waxing and not polishing.
Many people are confused with polishing and waxing.

Polishing (Contains mild abrasive agents which can remove swirls/light scratches and gives a mirror like surface) -->Must be done by machine
Waxing (Giving a protection coat to the paintwork) --> Done by hand

The most expensive wax will do "nothing" unless it has a good prep work (Polishing)
Old 02-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pinguhk
I got my velocity today and will install it tomorrow and test it out and let you guys know how good or bad it is compare to the sprint booster
Quick Quick!! I want to hear the result!!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: carbonized MB coupe

yes, Kee pre and others are of no real use, do you think they can "invent" something that all those car companies and chemical companies have been trying to do??

only a new clearcoat can give that new looking shine, re-spray the parts exposed to stone chips and wear and tear instead.
i only use Wilson because i'm too lazy to vac and wax myself.
thanks to Keith for your pro tips!

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Maybe you just do the waxing and not polishing.
Many people are confused with polishing and waxing.

Polishing (Contains mild abrasive agents which can remove swirls/light scratches and gives a mirror like surface) -->Must be done by machine
Waxing (Giving a protection coat to the paintwork) --> Done by hand

The most expensive wax will do "nothing" unless it has a good prep work (Polishing)
Old 02-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Senior Members

Because mY car is silver, i went for their "white package" and also joined the membership so i paid less than $2000 and ive got full wax and interior clean plus a further 5 times cleaning....

its pretty good i think!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by billhk
yes, Kee pre and others are of no real use, do you think they can "invent" something that all those car companies and chemical companies have been trying to do??

only a new clearcoat can give that new looking shine, re-spray the parts exposed to stone chips and wear and tear instead.
i only use Wilson because i'm too lazy to vac and wax myself.
thanks to Keith for your pro tips!

Same with Bill, i am too lazy to do it myself but i think Keepre is better than CARS or the other car wash companies in the multi storey car parks!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Same with Bill, i am too lazy to do it myself but i think Keepre is better than CARS or the other car wash companies in the multi storey car parks!
Keepre is good compared to the others, at least i trust them and let them wash my car.

We have so many supercars here in HK but no one seems to know what is car detailing, we are far far behind in this aspect.
I will definitely get this business started if i have the spare money..

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum