E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Why does it get hot with the tint??

Yeah i just want a slight tint. Dont want too dark!!! I will do all the windows apart from windscreen i think
the china stuff dose not black as much as the 3m so you will need to turn on the ac to cool the car down for longer.

you will know when the summer come
Old 02-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Agreed. Kids in HK are too protected in this hygiene bubble!

When i was a kid growing up here i was playing in the park...playing in mud...etc... i hardly get sick now! touch wood! But kids now get sick all the time because their bodies have not been exposed to the germs and bacteria as what I was exposed to....
Cant agreed anymore!!
My housemaster (when i was in college in UK) let his son play in the garden with full of mud/stones in his mouth, it looks disgusting but he is still a health little boy
Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Why does it get hot with the tint??

Yeah i just want a slight tint. Dont want too dark!!! I will do all the windows apart from windscreen i think
Becos the Chinese flim doesnt block the UV as much as in 3M,
UV light will create heat and that makes the difference.
3M claimed their flim will block nearly 100% UV where the chinese flim might block 50% if you are lucky

But since i rarely park my car outside so its ok for me, cos i am a cheap cheap person
Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk
the china stuff dose not black as much as the 3m so you will need to turn on the ac to cool the car down for longer.

you will know when the summer come
But it still does better than with no tint!
Old 02-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

Originally Posted by kcleung
That's just normal reaction and the paed should give u some paracetamol to ease the temperature.

Anyway, too much attention and over protection are bad for kids, I learnt the hard way
No KC, this is to ease my wife's feeling. Not entirely an over-protection to my daughter.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 530i Luxury LCI

When i was a kid growing up here i was playing in the park...playing in mud...etc... i hardly get sick now! touch wood! But kids now get sick all the time because their bodies have not been exposed to the germs and bacteria as what I was exposed to....
Forgive me Keith, I do think of you when reading Mark's comment! hahahahaha
Old 02-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
Becos the Chinese flim doesnt block the UV as much as in 3M,
UV light will create heat and that makes the difference.
3M claimed their flim will block nearly 100% UV where the chinese flim might block 50% if you are lucky

But since i rarely park my car outside so its ok for me, cos i am a cheap cheap person
Yes, i understand the concept of UV entering the car and warming it up etc... but surely having the chinese tint is still better than having no tint???
Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: e60 525i 2005 with: H&R sway bar, K&N air filter, sprint booster I, split-fire coil, Ferodo Brake pads, M-tech kit, black shadowline (thanks Ricky) Pending : 19' Advan Racing RS with Re-0011 tyre + Koni-FSD with Eibach Sport spring Looking for ?exhaust ? Denson 500 for ipod

absolutely agreed!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Small Tomato
Forgive me Keith, I do think of you when reading Mark's comment! hahahahaha
I am not surprise, my white skill makes me look weak and seems never see the sun,
but in fact, i love sun bath and go wakeboard every summer

I always stopped by the police and think i am a drug dealer
Old 02-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: e60 525i 2005 with: H&R sway bar, K&N air filter, sprint booster I, split-fire coil, Ferodo Brake pads, M-tech kit, black shadowline (thanks Ricky) Pending : 19' Advan Racing RS with Re-0011 tyre + Koni-FSD with Eibach Sport spring Looking for ?exhaust ? Denson 500 for ipod

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
I am not surprise, my white skill makes me look weak and seems never see the sun,
but in fact, i love sun bath and go wakeboard every summer

I always stopped by the police and think i am a drug dealer
call me when u go to wakeboard, i love it !!!!! yeah!!!

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum