E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 05:22 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by etchu' post='1066305' date='Dec 2 2009, 09:46 PM
I am going for the attractions you talk about. join us.
What did I say? *acting all innocent*

*Guilty as Charged*
Old 12-02-2009, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

Today I went to the Electronic Hydralic Suspension shop I saw on the magazine to learn more about it

I learnt about some info concerned with the set:
1) the most appropriate range of strokes (a) of the damper would be at least 130mm; to allow enough room to raise the car above the ground using the electronic hydraulic
2) it would be best if the damper's height (b) is adjustable; to adjust the minimum height above the ground (how low) the car should ever get
3) in the trunk, the gas tank, the pumps and etc. together would take up approximately 100cm x 30cm of space should the layout of the set be long rectangular (could be squary instead)
4) a covering box can be built to cover the set in the trunk to protect the set unless one wants to show off
5) a remote control is provided
6) an internal control cluster (with switches and a round digital meter) will be installed if original internal dash boards were to be preserved (the cluster doesn't look so good thou)
7) the remote control can control the height of the car by visual from outside (one can then get the readings from the digital meter inside for future reference once the height is deemed appropriate from outside)
8) the internal control cluster can control the height of the car based on the readings from the digital meter inside
9) parts ordering takes 4 to 5 weeks, all ordered from USA
10) they take 50% deposit up front
11) installation takes 4 to 5 days
12) one year warranty
13) because each set of the hydralic/air-springs and dampers are unique for each model/brand, except for these parts, most parts are available locally should repair work be required
14) the set of the hydralic/air-springs and dampers are the most expensive part of the set, and the rest of the set can be re-used on another car
... finally...
everything above (height adjustable dampers included): HK$25000

There are further details, but it would be their concerns, I don't want to know about those issues
Old 12-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

Before Friday, I came across something interesting when I was looking for a suspension photo to use :
Tests on Suspension and Air conditioner
Old 12-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wnshie' post='1066365' date='Dec 3 2009, 12:45 AM
Before Friday, I came across something interesting when I was looking for a suspension photo to use :
i wonder if there will be a difference between a gtr and a elgrand
Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by etchu' post='1066305' date='Dec 2 2009, 09:46 PM
I am going for the attractions you talk about. join us.
see you there at 8pm
Old 12-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wnshie' post='1066351' date='Dec 3 2009, 12:19 AM
Today I went to the Electronic Hydralic Suspension shop I saw on the magazine to learn more about it

1) the most appropriate range of strokes (a) of the damper would be at least 130mm; to allow enough room to raise the car above the ground using the electronic hydraulic
2) it would be best if the damper's height (b) is adjustable; to adjust the minimum height above the ground (how low) the car should ever get
3) in the trunk, the gas tank, the pumps and etc. together would take up approximately 100cm x 30cm of space should the layout of the set be long rectangular (could be squary instead)
4) a covering box can be built to cover the set in the trunk to protect the set unless one wants to show off
6) an internal control cluster (with switches and a round digital meter) will be installed if original internal dash boards were to be preserved (the cluster doesn't look so good thou)
7) the remote control can control the height of the car by visual from outside (one can then get the readings from the digital meter inside for future reference once the height is deemed appropriate from outside)
8) the internal control cluster can control the height of the car based on the readings from the digital meter inside
12) one year warranty
13) because each set of the hydralic/air-springs and dampers are unique for each model/brand, except for these parts, most parts are available locally should repair work be required
14) the set of the hydralic/air-springs and dampers are the most expensive part of the set, and the rest of the set can be re-used on another car
... finally...

There are further details, but it would be their concerns, I don't want to know about those issues
wow sounds like alot of stuff need to install
Old 12-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wnshie' post='1066365' date='Dec 3 2009, 12:45 AM
cool like it must get this suspension for all my cars
Old 12-02-2009, 04:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kcleung' post='1066641' date='Dec 3 2009, 08:42 AM
i wonder if there will be a difference between a gtr and a elgrand
if a gtr gets this setup, I will be getting 1
Old 12-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by wnshie' post='1066351' date='Dec 2 2009, 05:19 PM

12) one year warranty
... finally...

wow...thats alot of things to do!!
Does the price included installation??
And do you really need that?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Contributors

and the pump in the trunk gonna slow your car down...

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum