E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 03:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mic

BBQ @ pak shek sounds good, I vote for that one I dont know if Im bringing my wife, she's not much of a BBQ person. On the plus side, we can discuss my past and future mods all we want...hehe.

Hi shield

By force huh? I had something similar in mind. I was thinking of cutting out those verticle plastic fins of the grill, which will give my hands easy full access to the back and to the clasps. I wonder if this will work too. $500 for the filter is a good deal, I paid $750
Old 11-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Well is the BBQ going to be afternoon or night time? A night meet would be great than we could all line up our cars and turn on the Angel eyes, would be an awesome picture IMO.

But if we are doing it on a Sunday, then those with family might not be able to make it. Any other suggestion.

Still no reply from gf366, pogo1, David Lo, sliu_uu. Anyone else I miss?
Old 11-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='197454' date='Nov 12 2005, 07:49 PM
Well is the BBQ going to be afternoon or night time? A night meet would be great than we could all line up our cars and turn on the Angel eyes, would be an awesome picture IMO.
Make it a afternoon and dinner BBQ then u can line up the cars for pics... a dusk pic is better then night pic. Turn on all the angel eyes and fogs for a pic!
Old 11-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bunbun' post='197393' date='Nov 13 2005, 08:41 AM
Hi mic

BBQ @ pak shek sounds good, I vote for that one I dont know if Im bringing my wife, she's not much of a BBQ person. On the plus side, we can discuss my past and future mods all we want...hehe.

Hi shield

By force huh? I had something similar in mind. I was thinking of cutting out those verticle plastic fins of the grill, which will give my hands easy full access to the back and to the clasps. I wonder if this will work too. $500 for the filter is a good deal, I paid $750

Bunbun,

Take off the screws on top of the bumper do help to access the grill.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Bunbun I was suggesting to shield that ask BMW to take those flaps out since they are useless IMHO. While at it ask them to take out the old grill too and return your car grill-less so you can just snap on those new grill when you pick up your car

Or just ask them to take out your original grill since they refuse to put on the new grill for you because you didn't buy it from them. I guess they would do you that favour.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='197456
Make it a afternoon and dinner BBQ then u can line up the cars for pics... a dusk pic is better then night pic. Turn on all the angel eyes and fogs for a pic!
[/quote]

Hopefully starts at around dusk, take a picture of the Angel eyes and another one at night just for comparision.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='197024
I hope it gets cooler by then, Im a sweaty kind of guy.... heh heh Do we go to one of those public BBQ parks? Looking forward to it
Cooler better, me sweaty too . Yes the problem right now is what do you guys wanted to do. The problem with public BBQ is where do we put our cars.

As per the discussion with mic last week I suggested the place at Sai Kung where is not a public BBQ and you buy food from them and burn it yourself. The good thing about that place is there is a big parking lot where we can put our car. As from some of your picture, I see that you are a golf guy so I figure you will like the driving range there too.

But right now we are trying to gather more info and of course people to make it better. So far haven't heard anything from gf366 does he like the BBQ idea or he have something else in mind. Bunbun who else was there last time at the meet and said they will be interested in BBQ, you want to contact them? Or like last time be the coordinator?
[/quote]

Count me in too guys
Old 11-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Members

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='197454' date='Nov 12 2005, 10:49 PM

But if we are doing it on a Sunday, then those with family might not be able to make it. Any other suggestion.

Still no reply from gf366, pogo1, David Lo, sliu_uu. Anyone else I miss?
\

Hi Guys

Have fun at your BBQ ... hope I can join your next meet! I'm travelling this month and won't be back till Dec 12!!

pogo1
Old 11-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Contributors

Updates for meet:

1. mic325
2. shield
3. Bunbun
4. AC_S5
5. bene60
6. sliu_uu

anyone else missing from this list?

Originally Posted by pogo1' post='197865' date='Nov 14 2005, 09:51 AM
Hi Guys

Have fun at your BBQ ... hope I can join your next meet! I'm travelling this month and won't be back till Dec 12!!

pogo1
OK looking forward to see you next time. Personal or Business? Leaving your (w/f)ive at home I would miss the latter seriously, but that's just me
Old 11-13-2005, 10:29 PM
Senior Members

I think gf366 would be interested too since it is so close to his home. But he seems to be quite busy lately.

pogo1, hv a safe and good trip !

Quick Reply: Hong Kong E60 sub-Forum