E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

holy crap!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

If you guys thought those videos are nuts, look at this one:

I still can't believe what I'm seeing and actually thought it had special effects done to it.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by fastkevin' post='591632' date='May 30 2008, 09:33 AM
Were we watching the same video? Did you not see the one car swerve in and out of traffic at what... 100,120,140 MPH? You don't consider that reckless driving? If "these guys" have wifes and/or kids, would they be OK with it being their family in the other car?

Firstly, you're comparing racing in and out of cars on the freeway at over 100MPH to "you don't drive fast, ever?" Apples and oranges..don't ya think? I don't get the point about driving a 525.. A Prius will do over 100mph. Does that mean you should drive your Prius at over 100mph?

Some people live close to canyons or mountain roads. It's certainly possible to have a good time driving these roads, while staying under control and not endangering other people.
Most people in the United States live within driving distance of at least one track. Most of the time several, not including drag strips. A lot of people come out of the canyons, give the RR track a shot, and realize that comparing the speeds between the two, you couldn't even keep the heat in DOT track tires, in the canyons. I did my first track day on a bike 14 years ago, and then realized I couldn't have that much fun on the street, so I started racing. Several years later, I started road racing cars. I still road race bikes, and I bought an Evo to go flog on the track. I don't even drive it on the street. It's too easy to get on the track, and with the higher corner speeds, there's no comparison with the street. If acceleration is your gig, most drag strips have at least on or two nights a week when you can "run what ya brung" Drag racing seems to be the popular thing to do nowadays because of it's competitiveness, relative inexpensiveness, and the ease of doing it. Heck, a lot of PD's are setting up "Drag Nights" and are even competing in 'em themselves. Running against the Po-Po legally.
Bottom line is this: Everybody deserves to be able to drive on public roads without being caught up in a street race, and possibly being injured or worse. The amount of exposure this crap is getting, is drawing down attention on everyone with a hi-po car/bike. Insurance rates are going up, and the amount of people voicing their opinion(s) against these types of vehicles is growing exponentially every year. Doesn't matter that it's a BMW, that may not look as menacing as a ZX-10, or Porsche GT-2. It's simply lists of vehicles with their horsepower and top speed. The French have already succeeded in getting limits set on motorcycle top speeds. Even motorcycles sold here. Don't think for a minute that the same thing can't or won't happen with cars. Not only speed limiters, but power limits as well.
+1 The point of this is that DESPITE the awesome sounds coming from the M5's, driving 180mph on city streets (no matter WHAT it is supposedly for) is WRONG!! How many stories do we have to see on the evening news about street racing and the innocent people caught up in the crashes? I sincerely hope that NONE OF YOU have to endure the pain and suffering caused by STUPID drivers racing their cars on city streets for the thrill of it all the while putting innocent persons at risk just for their own enjoyment! We all have this common love for our cars, but that alone is not an excuse for reckless and selfish driving for a thrill! Especially when innocent people are maimed and killed by it!:thumbsdown: On some level it's like shooting a gun into a crowd for the thrill.....IT'S JUST PLAINLY STUPID...and should these guys racing injure or kill themselves, now it's their families and friends who continue to suffer for a moment of mindless fun. Sorry to bend your ears, but I feel strongly about this and felt compelled to write about it.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Maybe this is more acceptable
Old 05-30-2008, 09:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Sport 6M

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='591634' date='May 30 2008, 12:42 PM
If you guys thought those videos are nuts, look at this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-kDITgEE1Y

I still can't believe what I'm seeing and actually thought it had special effects done to it.
Oh crap, I was actually holding my breath watching some of those lane changes.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 530i Color: Jet Black/Black Anthracite STEP | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 EXTERIOR: M-Tech Kit | M5 Mirrors, Trunk Finisher | Jet Black Kidney Surrounds | Madico Charcool Tint 54%, 35% LIGHTING: Euro-Headlights | Euro-LCI Tail Lights | AiB V3.0 | Solaris Invisi-bulbs | OEM LED Plate Lights PERFORMANCE: Porterfield R4-S Brake Pads | K&N Air Filter WHEELS & SUSPENSION: Work VS-XX 20x9, 20x10 | Toyo T1R 245/30/20, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 295/25/20 | KW V2 Coilovers | Rogue Engineering 15mm Spacers

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='591633' date='May 30 2008, 09:38 AM
Ok FASTkevin. Welcome to the forums. You'll acclimate.

All the best
+1 Do you really have to flame every thread you disagree with fastkevin?

*Reference: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=590558
Old 05-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

cool and all but go to the track!
EDIT: i should tell my self that lol
Old 05-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='591634' date='May 30 2008, 08:42 AM
If you guys thought those videos are nuts, look at this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-kDITgEE1Y

whoa! now those 2 are crazy.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by too solid' post='591675' date='May 30 2008, 10:22 AM
whoa! now those 2 are crazy.

wow i just seen it they are fukn nuts!!!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='591633' date='May 30 2008, 11:38 AM
Ok FASTkevin. Welcome to the forums. You'll acclimate.

All the best
Awesome response, love it!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by fastkevin' post='591632' date='May 30 2008, 09:33 AM
Were we watching the same video? Did you not see the one car swerve in and out of traffic at what... 100,120,140mph? You don't consider that reckless driving? If "these guys" have wifes and/or kids, would they be ok with it being their family in the other car?

Firstly, you're comparing racing in and out of cars on the freeway at over 100mph to "you don't drive fast, ever?" Apples and oranges..don't ya think? I don't get the point about driving a 525.. A Prius will do over 100mph. Does that mean you should drive your Prius at over 100mph?

Some people live close to canyons or mountain roads. It's certainly possible to have a good time driving these roads, while staying under control and not endangering other people.
Most people in the United States live within driving distance of at least one track. Most of the time several, not including drag strips. A lot of people come out of the canyons, give the RR track a shot, and realize that comparing the speeds between the two, you couldn't even keep the heat in DOT track tires, in the canyons. I did my first track day on a bike 14 years ago, and then realized I couldn't have that much fun on the street, so I started racing. Several years later, I started road racing cars. I still road race bikes, and I bought an Evo to go flog on the track. I don't even drive it on the street. It's too easy to get on the track, and with the higher corner speeds, there's no comparison with the street. If acceleration is your gig, most drag strips have at least on or two nights a week when you can "run what ya brung" Drag racing seems to be the popular thing to do nowadays because of it's competitiveness, relative inexpense, and the ease of doing it. Heck, a lot of PD's are settting up "Drag Nights" and are even competing in 'em themselves. Running against the Po-Po legally.
Bottom line is this: Everybody deserves to be able to drive on public roads without being caught up in a street race, and possibly being injured or worse. The amount of exposure this crap is getting, is drawing down attention on everyone with a hi-po car/bike. Insurance rates are going up, and the amount of people voicing their opinion(s) against thes types of vehicles is growing expotentially every year. Doesn't matter that it's a BMW, that may not look as menacing as a ZX-10, or Porsche GT-2. It's simply lists of vehicles with their horsepower and top speed. The French have already succeeded in getting limits set on motorcycle top speeds. Even motorcycles sold here. Don't think for a minute that the same thing can't or won't happen with cars. Not only speed limiters, but power limits as well.
this topic wasn't started to have ppl like you bitch.. stop waisting everyones time in posting these long responses and go browse your precious evo forum.. and sorry we of the e60.net forum can't be as "mature" as those of the evo's. get a life.. your an idiot!

Quick Reply: holy crap!!!!