E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The "hold down accelerator for 25s" trick for smoother shift

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Doesnt do crap!!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown:
Old 10-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by tuffluck
i agree, it doesn't do anything. all mental--like those irenew bracelets!!
Did you try putting an iRenew bracelet on the gear selector? On my car, it increased the horsepower by about 30%! Also, the car drives itself now! Way better than a Sprint Booster for sure...

I put the other bracelet around the gas cap and low and behold, I now get 100 miles to the gallon!!

Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Members

Rudy you're so funny LOL. Am definately gonna try I renew now LOL since the 25 second thing didn't work for me either.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy
Did you try putting an iRenew bracelet on the gear selector? On my car, it increased the horsepower by about 30%! Also, the car drives itself now! Way better than a Sprint Booster for sure...

I put the other bracelet around the gas cap and low and behold, I now get 100 miles to the gallon!!
SB is also mental. i bought it, even cut my carpet for it, and in a week i uninstalled and shipped it back. i could tell what it did, but i completely think it's a lack of understanding of your throttle.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tuffluck
SB is also mental. i bought it, even cut my carpet for it, and in a week i uninstalled and shipped it back. i could tell what it did, but i completely think it's a lack of understanding of your throttle.
Although I've never used one, I tend to agree that it's not worth the money...

Did you ever see the following white paper?
SprintBooster.pdf
Old 10-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Contributors

Attachment 112902
Thank you Rudy.

BTW, do you have the latest research paper on the iRenew Bracelet ... I'm trying to decide whether to buy two and if the G-Forces will be too much for my old bones to bear
Old 10-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by luigi524td
Thank you Rudy.

BTW, do you have the latest research paper on the iRenew Bracelet ... I'm trying to decide whether to buy two and if the G-Forces will be too much for my old bones to bear
I wonder how many visits this site will get after Google categorizes us with the keyword "iRenew?"

Bring 'em on!
Old 10-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Senior Members

Attachment 112902
interesting read. what's funny is that i posted this information below several weeks ago just from my experience with the SB--no tools required. i had not read the white paper document you posted yet. oddly enough, not only did i come to the exact same conclusion as that guy, i think my math is even spot on:

"i can notice a difference, there is no doubt about that, but the difference is not removing throttle lag, it is just increasing the sensitivity of any throttle response at different points of the pedal depression. if you are going 60mph and put your pedal to the floor, your car takes about .2 seconds to respond and start accelerating. this will still be present after the SB install. if you give your car 50% throttle at 60mph, the lag will still be there, but your car will be accelerating more with the SB on than off. this is also why they have two different levels, to increase sensitivity. to have different levels to decrease throttle lag doesn't really make sense--you would think it would either have lag or it wouldn't.

the most mathematical explanation i can give is imagine that your pedal being depressed at 10%, 50%, and then 100% (all the way to the floor) yielded a throttle response in the stock setup of 10%, 50%, and 100%. that makes sense, right? with the SB in green mode, it's probably giving you a throttle response of 20%, 60%, and 100% @ pedal depression of 10%, 50%, and then 100%. red mode is probably 30%, 70%, and 100% respectively.

basically all my above example is saying is that with the SB, your car will react better with less pedal, but it won't react better with less time."

my biggest beef with the SB was that the lag from pedal depression to your car recognizing the response is not eliminated (in fact as those white papers suggest, is only being reduced by about .07 seconds--hardly noticeable). everything i have read about the SB has indicated it removed throttle lag, when the reality is that it increases the sensitivity of your pedal but does virtually nothing for throttle lag. i guess my opinion is solidified now with that guy's instruments proving that is actually true.

I wonder how many visits this site will get after Google categorizes us with the keyword "iRenew?"

Bring 'em on!
sorry i started it though maybe it will deter a number of people from purchasing the SB. that or increase the number of people buying irenew
Old 10-14-2010, 07:02 PM
New Members

My Ride: 550i - Sport

New to the forums, this is my first post. Just wanted to say thanks for this tip. I tried it several weeks ago and it did work for me!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Members

Does this reset work for a 2008 550i sport auto transmission? I tried it, but did not hear anything even after 60 seconds.

Quick Reply: The "hold down accelerator for 25s" trick for smoother shift