E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi I'm NeW! and with some questions =]

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Peeps!

Just picked up an 04 525i from an E46. So far I love it, the ride is so smooth and relaxing.
I've got a couple of questions to ask, really appreciate it if anyone can answer them =]

1. I know you can program the cars with software that connects to the OBC as from my E46, however the these models have the iDrive so are there anything else we can activate besides than the functions on the idrive?

2. I really hate storing CDs! I've got DICE on the E46 and it works pretty well, however I'd done some research on forums about the E60s and there seems to be lots of opinions and choices out there. The questions I want to ask about this is why can't you retrofit original BMW Ipod interface to a 2004 model but only 2005? I know there are lots of brands out there, but which one do you think is the best and why? I've found one on ebay called Connect2 or something which is under $80 but not sure if anyone would recommend it.

3. I've had a little play with the remote locking tonight and noticed if you hold the buttons or something, SOMETHING happens.
So far I THINK once you lock the car, you press the lock button and hold it it does something that allows you to open the door from the inside and if you press unlock after holding the lock, the car lights up(I'm assuming its the "find me" function) and press unlock again it unlocks the doors. Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Is there any other cool stuff I should know?

5. Oh one more, the Nav CD in the cd player, what is it? If its the map, do I just simply find a current one and put it in to have the latest map?

Cheers!
Tony
Old 04-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

Welcome.Great you gor an E60, good on ya'. There's a lot to discover and configure on this great car. A word of caution, don't go overboard. The cost racks up quickly.... The car is great in the first place so curb your collector-self.

Check this thread for eastereggs and the like. https://5series.net/forums/topic/456..._1#entry478777

As to remote, depends on location. When I press door open, and hold a few secs, the windows and sunroof open. Reverse when I press close. Being a touring with electric liftgate, when I press and hold the trunk button, the tailgate either opens or closes but button must be held also a couple seconds after operation starts, or it will stop when button is released.

You can upgrade the map, but note maps are not compatible across versions, so check whether you have business or professional, or possibly the high version (not sure if that still was used in 2004).

If you have professional, the 2011 version is split on 3 dvd's in Europe and 2 in North America. Not sure about down under, but being in Europe I'm aiming for a 2010 verion which is just 1 dvd.

I love my stock ipod controller, but don't know about 2004 issues.

Good luck mate and if you have more questions, nauw worries, you've come to the right forum.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 530d M sport

You can play MP3 DVDs in your SATNAV DVD slot. Just create a Data DVD with just under 4.7Gb of music in MP3 format and they should play in the cra if its coded to work. Most cars usually after 2005 work without coding but some esrlier ones work as they have already been coded.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Members

Is it possible to change day driving lights to just the angel eyes and no low beam?
Old 04-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tonee
Is it possible to change day driving lights to just the angel eyes and no low beam?
Headlight switch ... one click to the right will turn on AE's. The information is in your owners' manual. IF DRL's are enabled in your '04 a dealer will have to disable them. Later models can be activated in iDrive.
Attached Thumbnails Hi I'm NeW! and with some questions =]-parking-lamps.jpg