E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitates on the acceleration? 528I 2008

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone here experience a lag/delay in acceleration with the 528i 2008? Every time I stopped at the stop sign or intersection, it hesitates on the acceleration.

All was good until last week noticed a little delay when pushing the acceleration pedal. Also now my 528i is not quick, going up hills is very slow, picking up a highway is difficult. It's bad enough getting onto the highway, but to experience this at every stop sign/light of local driving... is annoying. An old honda civic can even beat my 528i...wtf??? Is this normal? is 528i supposed to be that slow compared to other cars (eg: Toyota Avalon Camry, accord, civic, Lexus, and etc). I understand it is only 230 HP but it should be powerful enough to get the car moving...not for racing of course.

I also experience vibration with my brake at high speed. Is this normal too?

I really appreciate if you can provide me some of your inputs.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

get a sprint booster
Old 08-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

...then have your dealer check the break for possible warping...
Old 08-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

i notice something similar, especially in the morning or when i haven't driven for more than a day. when i step on the accelerator to speed up more than usual (ex. making a right turn before oncoming traffic) i'll notice the power just disappear from under me and then return a second later.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by altecsonyc' post='644871' date='Aug 12 2008, 12:41 PM
Does anyone here experience a lag/delay in acceleration with the 528i 2008? Every time I stopped at the stop sign or intersection, it hesitates on the acceleration.

All was good until last week noticed a little delay when pushing the acceleration pedal. Also now my 528i is not quick, going up hills is very slow, picking up a highway is difficult. It's bad enough getting onto the highway, but to experience this at every stop sign/light of local driving... is annoying. An old honda civic can even beat my 528i...wtf??? Is this normal? is 528i supposed to be that slow compared to other cars (eg: Toyota Avalon Camry, accord, civic, Lexus, and etc). I understand it is only 230 HP but it should be powerful enough to get the car moving...not for racing of course.

I also experience vibration with my brake at high speed. Is this normal too?

I really appreciate if you can provide me some of your inputs.
Here is your fix:

Turn the key in the #2 position or push start so engine lights show up but the car doesn't start. Press the gas pedal down all the way into the kickdown position. HOLD your foot there for 25-30 seconds. The trans / throttle resets to stock. Problem solved. Worked like a charm for me, seriously. Ask anyone here about this.

The reason for this fix is because your BMW learns driving patterns and shifting patterns for the first 1,000 miles then stops the learning process. I do a manual reset like this every 1k miles so its always peppy and responsive in case my previous 1,000 miles have been mostly spent cruising smooth and slow.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Members

Can you be more clear about the "key in the #2 position"? Do you mean turning the key to the other side where BMW's logo face down, then turn on the car (electric) but not engine? And then step on the gas paddle for 25-30 sec to reset it.

So I have to do this every 1000 miles?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

turn it into position so the engine is NOT on, the lights should come on.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

this is funny you mention this!!! i just got my car back from the dealership and i had the same exact problem. by now i owned about 10 BMW and you have to do an injector flush every K to get rid of buildup. you will notice the difference right away. it cost ed me $256 and well worth it.

good luck!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 AM
Members

My car is still in Break-in process. So should i wait until i broke in then reset the transmission? Or can I do it now?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Your steering wheel shouldn't vibrate while breaking at high speeds. Maybe a wheel has an imperfection or you need them re-balanced. As for the lag, a sprint booster would solve that problem.. but if it's as bad as you say I'd have the dealer take a look at it. It's brand new, there shouldn't be any problems what so ever! Your 528i should have no problems with most of the cars you mentioned above, accept maybe the Lexus and certain model Accords!

Quick Reply: Hesitates on the acceleration? 528I 2008