E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Here we go....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Oh Miss525i, sorry to hear the news
Fortunately the damage doesn't look so bad.
Glad to hear that you and your "valuable passengers" are O.K.

Good luck with the repair. I'm sure that the E60 will be good as new after the repair.

-CoolTones
Old 03-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Senior Members

Hey sorry to hear you've had a bad week. Things will get better
Old 03-19-2006, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,manufactured 2-27-08,delivered 4-2-08.Platinum bronze,natural brown interior,light poplar trim,cold weather package,heated rear seats,HD radio

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='257066' date='Mar 18 2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks for asking Amigo I haven't had a chance to visit a body shop this week. I can't even begin to tell you about my week been to NY this week for a not very pleasant visit...and besides that, I cut myself by accident and been in bed since yesterday after a visit to the hospital....so, basically lots of bad surprises since the car incident. Once I feel better...hopefully in a few days, I will focus on the car.
Thanks again!!!
Sorry to hear about your damage miss525.I would not rule out your dealer for repairs unless you have been treated poorly in the past.The damage is minor and should not affect the value of the car.I would keep pictures of the damage for future reference.In case someone with an eagle eye detects the slightest imperfection in the repair you can show them it was very minor and not a voilent front end collision.I had damage caused by a run in with a deer.My dealer made repairs that are undetectable.Of course black saphire is an easy color to match,mystic blue may also be easy to match.Good luck.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Members

I am sorry to hear about your problems miss. Hope everything turns out alright in the end and your E60 will look new again.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

Oh no it will never be the same, time for a 550, JUST KIDDING. My sugestion is dont get it fixed at the dealer. On my previous 2002 540 I completly mangled my front left quarter panel leaving an animal hospital becasue my 3lb chicuahua was almost dead and I was upset. I didnt see the large concrete column in the parking garage while I was backing up, any way I had it fixed elsewere and the dealer never even noticed at turn in time.
Old 03-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

Miss 525i

Make sure when getting quotes from the repair shops you check out repairs currently going through or go on good recommendations. Dark Blue metallic like Mystic Blue are hard to match up due to the way particles in the metallic settle when drying, as a result they may spray a much larger area. With lighter colours the metallic particles show up less and therefor are easier to disguise.
Really check your car once you pick it up and watch for things like over-spray & the finishing (polishing). Also the lacquer coat should not have any dirt or tiny bubbles.
Remember that the repainted surfaces will not be as good as the original paintwork so go careful cleaning & polishing thereafter.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

update

My car is going to the shop tomorrow morning. I was told that it would be 2-3 days
The price is only $548.80... so cheap...makes me really nervous

The body shop I am going to is the one that does most work for the dealerships and PD in the area.

Oh well, just have to pray that they'll do a good job with the Mystic blue
Old 03-28-2006, 01:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='260983' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:38 PM
update

My car is going to the shop tomorrow morning. I was told that it would be 2-3 days

The body shop I am going to is the one that does most work for the dealerships and PD in the area.

Will you get a warranty on the job for that price?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I'm sure it will shine like brand new....

maybe pay some little extra and have the car repolished all over so the color will look same overall....
Old 03-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Originally Posted by miss525i' post='260983' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:38 PM
update

After all the talk on this thread I am happy to say "ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL" I hope your Bimmer looks brand new.

Quick Reply: Here we go....