E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Helppp...Single Lady Needs Price Opinion on 08 535

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Price is too high.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I like how you put "single lady" in your topic subject, lol.

With that said, which city are you in? Asking because the price is on the high side, but sometimes deviations are due to the demand in some cities.

I personally think there are better deals out there.

Haha Simon, I thought she was pretty clever doing this as well It didn't take long for a bunch of us to reply
Old 06-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is more like a [starting] price I'd expect in the Northern VA area (seems to always be higher than say NJ or NY). I'd also check the In Service date for the car and way that a bit. If it was early in 2007 your CPO has already begun and factory warranty has run out. If it was purchased/first used in service in 2008 it's a bit better warranty wise. Get them to come down on the price a few grand. When I do my deals I only talk in out the door price. I assume this price is before tax, tags, etc... which means add another $1200-1500 (not sure how it is in NC 3% maybe.. which is ~$1100)? Your loan amount and what you pay on is the final number... get that lower for sure.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by kab416
hahahahahaha....you guys need all the pertninent details. I'm in Charlotte btw...not sure what that means in terms of demand. Thanks for your input though!
Well damn, too far from me. No more help, haha!

Originally Posted by kab416
Thank you all so much! This has been a huge help.

Last question, as far as strategy, do you start at your real low point or a point even lower than that with the expectation that the dealer will always come back higher?

Thanks again!
There is no sure fire way obviously, but two things in mind that'll help you to get the best price 1) making it clear that you know the numbers 2) be willing to walk away. Car purchases are the second biggest purchase for most people in their life, so it's advisable to spend a little more time being diligent rather than act on emotion.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Just kidding

Seems a little bit high. You need to be closer to 32-34K In my opinion.

Check other dealers and ebay (dealer sales). That is where I just got my price sampling from. Tell the dealer he is full of crap about the car being "under market" because... guess what? Market dictates the market, not some used car salesman with a receding hairline and a ponytail.

I used to hate dealing with car salesman... Now they hate dealing with me, as my level of a-hole-ism has superseded that of a car salesman a while back. If they dont budge, I can prob find plenty of people right here on this forum that would gladly sell you a 535 for 38K! Myself included. My lease buyout is 31K, id hand you the keys for 33K if it werent a lemon.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 AW M5

give them the offer that you want then walk away if they dont like the offer. guaranty you they will call you back! I did the same thing and i got my car now! good luck!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

See? all it takes is to start a thread with "Single Lady" and end it with "08 535" and you'll get two pages worth of advise and help from all the guys on the forum hehe

Kidding aside, wish you luck on your purchase and please do post pics of your new car.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:02 AM
Members

We'll see what happens...I gave him my numbers, he said they were too low, I said to call me back if there is anything he can work out. So we'll see if he calls today! Keep ya posted! And will definitely post some pictures of the new ride!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Titanum Grey 525i 2004 Black 328i 2008 2008 E70 X5

dont ever buy from hendrick bmw, their prices are at least 4K higher than what the car actually value. I bought a 2008 X5 for 37k out of the door where bmw offered me 42500 for another x5 with the exact options and milage. try Hi-Line Garage its located on independence Blvd, I bought the car from them. good luck
Old 06-30-2011, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

i implore you to go to carmax on your trade in. you definitely have much more leverage there (assuming here bc i dont know the details of your old car).

as for the price....thats really steep. i would definitely extend your search out a bit and find a better deal. $38k for an 08 535i? sounds about 4 maybe even 5k too much in my opinion. just last fall i nearly pulled the trigger on an 08 MTech sport 550i all options including night vision and heads-up display CPO w/ only 16k miles for 41k....thats a lot more car for just a couple grand more. i think the sales person or the dealership is just trying to run you for as much money as possible.

cheif negotiating tactic....be nonchalant...remember that BMW mass produces these vehicles so you can always find another....and definitely at a better price. respectfully convey that to ur sales person then ask them if they want to make a deal or keep a car in inventory for a few more weeks

good luck!

(negotiating is my favorite part of the process. i bought my 545i from my local dealer for like 20k and the sticker price was $26k....it only had 41k miles on it.....oh AND i got a full payoff on my trade-in vehicle as well.)

Quick Reply: Helppp...Single Lady Needs Price Opinion on 08 535