E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help a new member pick out a new E60

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2008

Hi everyone. I'm a bonafide newbie (first post), looking for some assistance. I'm in the market for my first BMW, most likely a used or CPO BMW. I think I'm focusing on a CPO 2007 530i, but have a few questions I'd appreciate some help with. I'm really hoping to find a CPO 530i with sport/premium packages and a few extras (sunshade, comfort access, parking distance) but am having a hard time figuring out what an appropriate price would be. I will admit that I'm a little unclear on the multitude of options, so I'd appreciate some guidance.

1) What is the difference between Nav, Business Nav, and Pro Nav? Are there different levels of navigation in the US for 2007+ years?
2) There are lots of discussions about full voice control (nav + AC). I don't see any package or options that differentiate between different levels of voice control so I want to understand what I might need to know to get full voice control.
3) Does having the sport package give you a button that allows you to switch between sport and non-sport modes, or is it "sport mode, all the time"?
4) Is remote start an option on this model year?
5) I keep hearing about "angel eyes" w/r/t head and tail lights. Are there any differences between pre and post LCI "angel eyes"?

I've searched on all of these topics and can't seem to find an answer. Please help educate me to pick out my perfect E60!.

Thanks
Vik.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

1) What is the difference between Nav, Business Nav, and Pro Nav? Are there different levels of navigation in the US for 2007+ years?
Only Nav and no nav for US models

2) There are lots of discussions about full voice control (nav + AC). I don't see any package or options that differentiate between different levels of voice control so I want to understand what I might need to know to get full voice control.
u get voice control with or without nav. i would get the car with nav

3) Does having the sport package give you a button that allows you to switch between sport and non-sport modes, or is it "sport mode, all the time"?
sports package gives u the sport suspension which sits a little lower and also the shadowline trim. DO DEFINITELY get the sports suspension. There's a sports button on all of them whether sport or non-sport package

yup. it's an option.

5) I keep hearing about "angel eyes" w/r/t head and tail lights. Are there any differences between pre and post LCI "angel eyes"?
angel eyes for pre-LCI (2004-2007) are all leds. post LCI (2008+) are halogen bulbs which is brighter. However, the MTEC V2 for pre-LCI is pretty decent. Bruce Miranda sells cables to put LCI taillights for pre-LCI cars with factory-like operation. Headlights cannot be switched out easily.

Vik,

hope u will join the family soon. I would suggest getting the following options: NAV, factory xenons, sports package, Logic 7. Others are very optional such as keyless start, sunshades, headsup display, etc.

John
Old 10-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='1031145' date='Oct 13 2009, 12:31 AM
sports package gives u the sport suspension which sits a little lower and also the shadowline trim. DO DEFINITELY get the sports suspension. There's a sports button on all of them whether sport or non sport

John
John? there's a sport mode button on an '07?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

The LCI 550i Sport with the Steptronic transmission does not have a "sports" button. However, the transmission does have a sports mode which is accessed by pulling the shifter over to the left. The sports mode keeps the engine at higher RPMS by downshifting much more readily and by holding gears much longer without upshifting.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='1031145
2) There are lots of discussions about fu
ll voice control (nav + AC). I don't see any package or options that differentiate between different levels of voice control so I want to understand what I might need to know to get full voice control.
u get voice control with or without nav. i would get the car with nav
Ok, so as long as I get nav i'll be able to control the nav and the A/C via voice right?

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='1031145
yup. it's an option.
Great, I didn't see this offered on the 2010s so I wasn't sure if this was an option

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='1031145' date='Oct 13 2009, 12:31 AM
angel eyes for pre-LCI (2004-2007) are all leds. post LCI (2008+) are halogen bulbs which is brighter. However, the MTEC V2 for pre-LCI is pretty decent. Bruce Miranda sells cables to put LCI taillights for pre-LCI cars with factory-like operation. Headlights cannot be switched out easily.
Thanks or the details.

I look forward to buying something soon. All of your E60s here look great, but scare the crap out of me because of all the expensive mods you've done! I'm going to have to keep my wallet in check!
Old 10-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by vikingshelmut' post='1031312' date='Oct 13 2009, 11:29 AM
So as I read this the "sport" button toggles between higher performance, and does not change the suspension and/or ride comfort level right?
Moving the Steptronic's shifter to "Sport" (which then displays as "DS" when engaged) will not change the ride height or ride comfort. It will alter the tranny's shift points and gear holding properties. You will be driving at greater RPMs than in "D".
Old 10-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Just get the car already!!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Nav usually adds $1-2K to the purchase price and from what I've read it's not even all that great. I'd save the $1K and get a top of the line TomTom that can be switched from car to car and can be upgraded daily if you wish.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

I think perhaps you should skip the 07 CPO'd 530 and instead pick up an 06 CPO'd 550i sport.

There is a 550 for sale in the member classifieds and I happen to know the guy personally, top notch seller. The car is gorgeous and in pristine condition!!

Here's a link to the thread: https://5series.net/forums/index.php...opic=87251&hl=
Old 10-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

You're not going to regret your choice the E60 is indeed sweet ride.

I bought a CPO '07 530i myself last year.

Quick Reply: Help a new member pick out a new E60