E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP HELP HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guys I read thru some of the post and I seen numerous fix for it.I had my afe and ecu reflashed about 2 months ago with no issues.
but last night coming home stuck in traffic all of a sudden the dredded increase emissions came on and cel.

so my queston is after putting the car back to stock(minus sb,afe)and taking it to the dealer
will they somehow see my ecu flashed?if so will they put it back to stock?car runs fine just has cel on.also any new updates on this problem?

thank in advance.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by nasty50' post='714972' date='Nov 7 2008, 12:33 PM
guys I read thru some of the post and I seen numerous fix for it.I had my afe and ecu reflashed about 2 months ago with no issues.
but last night coming home stuck in traffic all of a sudden the dredded increase emissions came on and cel.

so my queston is after putting the car back to stock(minus sb,afe)and taking it to the dealer
will they somehow see my ecu flashed?if so will they put it back to stock?car runs fine just has cel on.also any new updates on this problem?

thank in advance.
Where r u located?
Old 11-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as your car is still running well, either wait a week or two and see if the light clears by itself or scan and reset "Service Engine Soon" light. It could have just been a glitch. The BMW electronics are very glitchy. Make sure it really is a problem before you go see your dealer.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Eugene134' post='714974
As long as your car is still running well, either wait a week or two and see if the light clears by itself or scan and reset "Service Engine Soon" light. It could have just been a glitch. The BMW electronics are very glitchy. Make sure it really is a problem before you go see your dealer.
yeah i hope its a glitch but i will try to get a scan tool at autozone near by.
funny thing is,the car feels more torquey.ive noticed it for like a week now before
the cel came on .
Old 11-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

check if your gas gap was on properly, or if their is any kind of wear, replace it...