E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With CID Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi
i buy a 2005 530i and it didnt read a mp3 disc i want to know if i update a idrive it can read mp3 ?
i want to konw can i downlaod a Update disk and update it by myself ? if yes please send me a link of it?
thanks
Old 03-31-2007, 07:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 523i, Steptronic, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Brown Wood Trim, Folding mirrors, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Sun Protection Glass, Park Distance Control, Sliding Armrest, Advanced Air-Con, Ipod, Electric Seats w memory, tires Dunlop sp1 225/55 R16.

if you do not have the Navigation/Sat option in yr i-drive, unfortunatelly you can not play mp3 discs.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530Xi - Navigation, Premium package, Steptronic.

Originally Posted by Roptor' post='409066' date='Mar 31 2007, 11:38 AM
hi
i buy a 2005 530i and it didnt read a mp3 disc i want to know if i update a idrive it can read mp3 ?
i want to konw can i downlaod a Update disk and update it by myself ? if yes please send me a link of it?
thanks
Hey Roptor...welcome to the E60 Net! First off, you can't update the car software, now known as Progman (not CIP anymore) by yourself unless you have about 5,000 USD worth of specialized equipment, and have access to the software. That said, your problems playing an MP3 disc can probably be changed if you can get your dealer to do the upgrade. Generally, most E60s prior to the most recent (3/2007 onward) build have issues with CDs continuing to spin after the car is shut down. You're probably still in warranty, so this complaint to your dealer might get you to the newest software (Progman 25.XX). If so, that should handle the MP3 play. However, you may have to change the way you make your MP3 discs. If you do a search on this board you will find lots of information about how to do that. "Rudy" has posted extensively about this, as has "Lomag" among others.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Members

i see this
http://www.x5world.com/navigation-system/1...ght=Update+530i
tahnks
Old 04-01-2007, 05:46 AM
Members

iam sorry the link that i post lated is incorect this link is correct i see they can update their progman themelvs ...is it right???
http://www.x5world.com/navigation-system/2...nload-here.html
and this is it right ???
http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/29257
Old 04-01-2007, 06:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Batman' post='409068' date='Mar 31 2007, 10:48 AM
if you do not have the Navigation/Sat option in yr i-drive, unfortunatelly you can not play mp3 discs.
i want to know if you mean that screen in the front or somthing else???
Old 04-01-2007, 06:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roptor' post='409364' date='Apr 1 2007, 09:07 AM
i want to know if you mean that screen in the front or somthing else???
Hi Roptor. to E60.net

The links you provided refer to a different bmw computer. So far I don't know of anyone who has been able to update their computer software in the e60 from a CD. This is being done by the dealers or by yourself if you can invest in several thousand $$ worth of diagnostic computers.

To your mp3 question, yes this is possible and not relevant to the fact that you may or may not have navigation/sat in your e60. I don't have Nav/Sat in my e60 and I can play mp3s. It is an option related to the Progman version and your dealer can enable it. Before you go into this process to update your car software do a search in this forum for instructions as to how you should burn an mp3 CD.

Good luck
Old 04-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Members

thanks i found out why i cant play mp3 disk becuse my progman is old and i must update it ....
i think i have navigation becuse whene i start my car in desplay says " Please Insert DVD map.."
is it mean that i have Navigation /sat?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:46 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530D, Titanium Silver, Grey Dakota Leather, Active Steering, Navigation System Professional, 6-CD Changer, Sunroof, Automatic Airconditioning Advance

Originally Posted by Roptor' post='409881' date='Apr 3 2007, 04:12 PM
thanks i found out why i cant play mp3 disk becuse my progman is old and i must update it ....
i think i have navigation becuse whene i start my car in desplay says " Please Insert DVD map.."
is it mean that i have Navigation /sat?
Just strange to me that you have bought a car and don't even know the fundamentals about the Spec on your car?

Sounds pretty strange to me.

Anyways, If you have NAV, you will have 2 CD/DVD Slots in the centre console (under the i-drive screen) and one will be labelled 'DVD'. Now the question is if you have Business or Professional Nav. This depends on the fact if your i-drive screen is full width or you have a smaller screen with black bands at each side. Cars with the full width screen have Nav Pro, smaller screen means Business Nav (i.e. no full map display).

With regards to MP3 Playback, it depends. Cars with Nav Pro can definately play MP3's. Business Nav or Non-Nav cars can only play MP3 if they you have the premium radio (i.e. 2 tuners - idrive shows a tab called ' All Stations ' in Entertainment/FM).

All you need is a software upgrade at the dealer (but you must ask for MP3 to be enabled as it is a Retrofit Procedure they need to carry out). To get a software upgrade (if you are under warranty) tell the dealer that you are having problems with the i-drice crashing/re-booting, cd spinning while car is off etc. But don't ask for a software upgrade as the dealer may become suspicious at that time.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:35 AM
Members

thanks i understan.thanks i serch all the internet cant find anything . but i have 1 CD dirve .
i must update it ...
bye

Quick Reply: Help With CID Update