E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Help - adjusting PDC volume? (LCI)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='490344' date='Nov 5 2007, 09:21 PM
Interesting, just tried mine but no luck. The difference is I had the radio on. Perhaps the radio on overrides the operation of volume control on the PDC. Will try again later with radio off (er, sorry Russ, muted...).
When I got home I tried it again after reversing up to my garage, with the PDC beeping, radio "muted", adjusted the volume up and down.

It actually goes annoyingly loud so I think I know where Russ is coming from.

Regards,
Old 11-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Originally Posted by 525d MSport' post='490369' date='Nov 5 2007, 09:12 PM
When I got home I tried it again after reversing up to my garage, with the PDC beeping, radio "muted", adjusted the volume up and down.

It actually goes annoyingly loud so I think I know where Russ is coming from.

Regards,

It may be loud but if I remember well my old E46, it wasn't as loud. I will also never forget crashed bumpers of old X5s in our BMW dealership where I was informed that especially women do not recognize the PDC beep and drive through obstacles therefore BMW implemented a better way of signaling (visual + louder acoustic ones). Sorry guys, not only road gods like us buy BMWs
Old 11-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Doesn't work - tried volume knob with mute on, mine has Nav Pro and it is not LCI.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

When this topic came up in the past, I believe it was stated that the volume could only be adjusted on cars without Nav (Pro-nav?). Is that the difference here?
Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: All on order and should be here by 28th September 2007

Hi.

I have a car without the Nav. I can confirm that it is possible to adjust the sound of the PDC using the method 525d MSport mentioned. You can also do the same with the warning sound i.e. if the front seat passenger is not wearing their seat belt.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by hinckley' post='490429' date='Nov 5 2007, 04:16 PM
When this topic came up in the past, I believe it was stated that the volume could only be adjusted on cars without Nav (Pro-nav?). Is that the difference here?
Seems to be. Tried this trick on the way home and no joy. PDC volume is not adjustable with the volume knob in my LCI E60...
Old 11-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 520d Black & SL350

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='490509' date='Nov 6 2007, 12:57 AM
Seems to be. Tried this trick on the way home and no joy. PDC volume is not adjustable with the volume knob in my LCI E60...
There's an equally annoying syndrome with traffic announcements. The manual says to turn the volume knob during an announcement but that also adjusts the radio volume.

So if you're listening to a nice quiet bit of chat on Radio 4 you suddenly get local radio blaring in your ear to tell you a donkey on Blackpool beach has died and is hindering a pedestrian a bit.

Grrrr.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d SE Jet black / anthracite Advanced air con Sun protection glass USB Style 244 wheels

Originally Posted by Russ1974' post='489534' date='Nov 3 2007, 08:24 PM
Hi,

My PDC beep is LOUD. Somebody here posted that the volume is adjustable - and that all you have to do is enable PDC and then use the volume control for the stereo. When I do this, the beep stays the same volume, and the stereo gets louder or quieter when I push the buttons. The beep has definitely got louder since I got the car, but I don't know how I did it.

Can anyone let me know how to adjust the volume please ... it's driving me mad Car is LCI.

Thanks!
I have the opposite problem, my beep is really quiet and I have to turn the radio down to hear it! Having read this post I will try to adjust it tomorrow by muting the radio and then getting the pdc to beep at me.

LM
Old 11-06-2007, 01:35 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I just tried to do this and realised that my front PDCs are not beeping any more. Rear ones are fine. Any ideas?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by Lancaster' post='490839' date='Nov 6 2007, 07:33 PM
There's an equally annoying syndrome with traffic announcements. The manual says to turn the volume knob during an announcement but that also adjusts the radio volume.

So if you're listening to a nice quiet bit of chat on Radio 4 you suddenly get local radio blaring in your ear to tell you a donkey on Blackpool beach has died and is hindering a pedestrian a bit.

Grrrr.
Do you have an LCI. This does work on my 2006 pre-LCI. Thinking about it though I use the volume controls on the steering wheel to reduce/ increase the traffic broadcast volume. Don't know whether it makes a difference using the actual rotary knob on the unit itself.

Quick Reply: Help - adjusting PDC volume? (LCI)