E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hello and Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Welcome!!

For me Comfort Seats and Logic 7. When your just easy cruising these 2 come into
play like nothing else.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by BigFas' date='Apr 4 2005, 01:52 PM
Hi guys.? I'm new to the forum.? I followed a link by Pmmeke from e46fanatics over to here and have to say, I'm impressed.? Great job on an informative forum.

I currently have an e46 convertible which is soon to be sold and am looking at buying an e60.? I test drove a 530d Sport today and was blown away.? Felt a lot faster than 218bhp and the 500nm of torque was very apparent, pulling away in second gear (auto / sport mode) was phenomenal, especially more so, when the turbo kicked in.

I'm working to a budget, so I'm trying to figure out what options are NEEDED, what I can or should live without and what your opinions are.

Currently, the spec is:

530d Sport
Carbon Black (no cost option)
Auto
Media Pack (Professional Sat Nav, Bluetooth and 6 Disc Changer)
Black leather

So what do you think?
The only thing I'm not sure about is the Sat Nav.? I've been driving for over 10 years, and I can honestly say, I've only been in a handful of situations where I would have loved Sat Nav.? The rest of the time, maps or local knowledge have sufficed.

What do you guys think?? This is doing my head in.?

Also, anyone else on here have a 530d?? What are your thoughts on day-to-day living with it?
[snapback]110994[/snapback]
Hi Bigfas.

Welcome to the forum.

I take it you got in the car, thought whats all the fuss about these diesels anyway, hit the accelerator and went Fu*king H*ll I'll take one what could be faster!

You'll love the car.

With the options I would go for the coms package, Hifi, black leather, light pop wood (looks well upmarket) and auto. Heated seats are nice but not necessary. I do like the std wheels but feel the rear tyres are a tad narrow only because I had 275's before.

Cheers Merv
Attached Thumbnails Hello and Help-2005_0330image0012.jpg  
Old 04-09-2005, 04:09 AM
Members

Hi Fellas,

Am new at this forum as well and need some help on next e60 to pickup and the specs. I have an 09/03 E60, Euro specs and am presently in Ghana in Africa. I love the e60. The specs so far are:

1. 530d Manual
2. Blue/Black Color
3. 17" Allows with RFT
4. Navigation + Changer
5. Sun Roof
6. Active steering - A love for me, jese, this stuff is just unbeleivable, you never feel the weight of the car and it just thinks all your possible moves, premting them for safety, agility and responsiveness...
7. Adaptive headlights - I had to travel to the mountains and it could'nt have been the best tool I needed to do those steep hills and turns... it was so impressive alongside the functioning of the active steering.
8. Xenon
9. Baisc Audio

Before I settled for this, I was thinking between Petrol and Diesel, but we just raised our fuel prices by 100% after the government decided to de-regulate... so I settled with the diesel. I spend 50% less what I was spending on my e39 and more so love the torque the diesel spits out from standstill.

Reading tell me, the 535d is the best in the class of shear driving power... am not going to be able to settle for a 545i because of the consumption, but am wondering about all the other possible gizmos that will make it even more lovelier driving this model.

I miss bluetooth, extra good sound, TV function and automatic drives... I hope you guys can give me some leads.

Regards.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i auto, sat nat, 6cd, advanced air con, bt, beige leather, dark poplar, mystic blue, 128 9j/8j, runflats, adaptive hd lts, xenon+wash

Originally Posted by BigFas' date='Apr 4 2005, 07:52 PM
Hi guys.? I'm new to the forum.? I followed a link by Pmmeke from e46fanatics over to here and have to say, I'm impressed.? Great job on an informative forum.

I currently have an e46 convertible which is soon to be sold and am looking at buying an e60.? I test drove a 530d Sport today and was blown away.? Felt a lot faster than 218bhp and the 500nm of torque was very apparent, pulling away in second gear (auto / sport mode) was phenomenal, especially more so, when the turbo kicked in.

I'm working to a budget, so I'm trying to figure out what options are NEEDED, what I can or should live without and what your opinions are.

Currently, the spec is:

530d Sport
Carbon Black (no cost option)
Auto
Media Pack (Professional Sat Nav, Bluetooth and 6 Disc Changer)
Black leather

So what do you think?
The only thing I'm not sure about is the Sat Nav.? I've been driving for over 10 years, and I can honestly say, I've only been in a handful of situations where I would have loved Sat Nav.? The rest of the time, maps or local knowledge have sufficed.

What do you guys think?? This is doing my head in.?

Also, anyone else on here have a 530d?? What are your thoughts on day-to-day living with it?
[snapback]110994[/snapback]
hi bigfas

satnav is must if only for resale value
i would consider the sport seats they hold you much better on the twiddly bits
xenons light up the night
sport steering wheel give a much better feel

just my 2ds worth
Old 04-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by redhat_man' date='Apr 9 2005, 04:09 AM
Hi Fellas,

Am new at this forum as well and need some help on next e60 to pickup and the specs. I have an 09/03 E60, Euro specs and am presently in Ghana in Africa. I love the e60. The specs so far are:

1. 530d Manual
2. Blue/Black Color
3. 17" Allows with RFT
4. Navigation + Changer
5. Sun Roof
6. Active steering - A love for me, jese, this stuff is just unbeleivable, you never feel the weight of the car and it just thinks all your possible moves, premting them for safety, agility and responsiveness...
7. Adaptive headlights - I had to travel to the mountains and it could'nt have been the best tool I needed to do those steep hills and turns... it was so impressive alongside the functioning of the active steering.
8. Xenon
9. Baisc Audio

Before I settled for this, I was thinking between Petrol and Diesel, but we just raised our fuel prices by 100% after the government decided to de-regulate... so I settled with the diesel. I spend 50% less what I was spending on my e39 and more so love the torque the diesel spits out from standstill.

Reading tell me, the 535d is the best in the class of shear driving power... am not going to be able to settle for a 545i because of the consumption, but am wondering about all the other possible gizmos that will make it even more lovelier driving this model.

I miss bluetooth, extra good sound, TV function and automatic drives... I hope you guys can give me some leads.

Regards.
[snapback]113299[/snapback]
Is a Navigation DVD made for your country???. If not I would waste the money on a feature you cannot use.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

big fuss man thats a cool name
Now seriously

A few pointers based on my experience

shadow high gloss line: i forgot about it: damn : little cost and major looks
logic7 is a must because upgrading the stereo later will be a pain in the ass. Its all fiberoptics in there.
Sport seats are cool : maybe the extra support sport seat option but without it it cool to.
Nav pro: because its just a cool feature and i think it upgrades your radio to to profesional.
Cd changer: a must have
xenon: of course...

I can think of more but budget dont let me
So your going for the sport pack yes? Its cool it has the following features included

style 135 wheels : nice but i would prefer to upgrade to 172
The OEM offsets are ET:32 on a 9,5" wheel for 19
shadow line
sportseats electric and manual
alu cube pure interior trim
M5 suspension with lowered body
M5 sport steering wheel individual buttons
aerodynamick pack: front bumper M5 with fogs, side skirts, Mtech rear bumper
side and rear bumpers M technic with fogs,
Black sealing

MTech short shift handle
MTech door step
Carbonschwarz individual
MTech footrest pedal

EDIT
go for manual because you like to upgrade power yes? Manual transmittion can take more if you are going to remap it. More HP possibel.