E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Hello and Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Currently Schnitzer / Hamann'd E46 Convertible

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I followed a link by Pmmeke from e46fanatics over to here and have to say, I'm impressed. Great job on an informative forum.

I currently have an e46 convertible which is soon to be sold and am looking at buying an e60. I test drove a 530d Sport today and was blown away. Felt a lot faster than 218bhp and the 500nm of torque was very apparent, pulling away in second gear (auto / sport mode) was phenomenal, especially more so, when the turbo kicked in.

I'm working to a budget, so I'm trying to figure out what options are NEEDED, what I can or should live without and what your opinions are.

Currently, the spec is:

530d Sport
Carbon Black (no cost option)
Auto
Media Pack (Professional Sat Nav, Bluetooth and 6 Disc Changer)
Black leather

So what do you think?
The only thing I'm not sure about is the Sat Nav. I've been driving for over 10 years, and I can honestly say, I've only been in a handful of situations where I would have loved Sat Nav. The rest of the time, maps or local knowledge have sufficed.

What do you guys think? This is doing my head in.

Also, anyone else on here have a 530d? What are your thoughts on day-to-day living with it?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Welcome to the Forum, BigFus!
Pleas advise us of your location (add it to your persoal set-up) . It wud be easier to answer your questions.

I have 530D. Nice engine, modest fuel consumption. Wud be sufficent for me if there were no 535D which compensates at a low speed with a second turbo. That's why I am considering an upgrade.
Take SatNAv, nowadays a car shud have it for a better resale value at least. Besides you can use Voice Control and have a nice wide lively picture on the screen.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

Welcome BigFus.

Can you afford comfort seats?
Old 04-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DXXXi' date='Apr 4 2005, 02:18 PM
Welcome BigFus.

Can you afford comfort seats?
[snapback]111010[/snapback]

Thanks to both. It's BigF"a"S But it's cool

What are comfort seats? Are they the same as the SE seats or are they something else? I really like the sport seats, was really impressed with the grip around the hips

Will update my profile right now
Old 04-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Members

By the way.

This is my current chariot

Old 04-04-2005, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, BigFas !
Old 04-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Members

Hi
welcome.

i have a manual 530d se with bits and bobs..

i have slated the Logic 7 stereo and got berrated for it..if you can cop a listen to it and the std hifi with the bmw speaker package to see if you think L7 is worth it..... only option i should have added to my list was Satnav exactly for the reasons above..

a few people have been changing the stock sport 18" wheels for some nice new 19" .. check Merv's popstings on his new 535d sport.. the 19" wheels sound good. I know a few people prefer the style 124 18" oevr the stock sports wheel. .. beware a few postst going around about shattered type 124's with runflats though.
elec memory seats are good if more than one of you drive..

uselesss options i have = folding mirrors, split folding rear seats, (never actually folded the mirrrors or the seats.. so the seats just creak)

David
Old 04-05-2005, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Dont get the basic HiFi - it has very little bass. Get one of the enhanced hi-fi packages.

The Xenons are also worth the money - especially with the adaptive system.

Also go for the Nav - you will be suprised at how useful it is.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:43 AM
IMU
Contributors

Hey welcome BigFas !!

You have made a great choice of car with the E60 - you'll love it. I recently upgraded from an e46 vert to an e60 too - I certainly don't regret the change at all especially with all the power on tap in the 535!

See my 535d sport.

I hear that the UK e60's have a poor standard stereo system (US versions get the Hi Fi Speaker System as default - wheras in the UK we have to pay ?350 for that i think) - so unless you are into aftermarket systems or don't like music you'll need to spec at least the Hi Fi Speaker System.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Senior Members

Comfort Seats for sure !!