E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heating issues

Old 12-20-2018, 09:09 AM
  #1  
New Members
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London
Posts: 24
My Ride: E60 545i stock
Model Year: 2004
Default Heating issues

Dear all
Is there anyone who can help with this
I have heat on driver side but no heat passenger side even with dials on max
Any ideas anyone
Bimmerlat is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 09:41 AM
  #2  
New Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 1,057
My Ride: None
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54
Default

Without any other information I would say:

control valve
seanjordan20 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 10:01 AM
  #3  
New Members
 
cmyachtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 401
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62
Default

Likely be the control valve however I have replaced mine PLUS the auxiliary heater pump both as my problem is lots of heat in the passenger foot well but hardly any (just lukewarm) for the driver's, been that way ever since I got
this car 6yrs ago......beginning to believe it’s a “feature” of the 2004 model.......
Both valve and pump are easy to diy with minimum special tools, I used small locking pliers and hose pinchers on hoses to prevent coolant loss.
Did a writeup on it either here on the other forum.
good luck
cmyachtie is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 11:17 AM
  #4  
New Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 1,057
My Ride: None
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54
Default

Originally Posted by cmyachtie
Likely be the control valve however I have replaced mine PLUS the auxiliary heater pump both as my problem is lots of heat in the passenger foot well but hardly any (just lukewarm) for the driver's, been that way ever since I got
this car 6yrs ago......beginning to believe it’s a “feature” of the 2004 model.......
Both valve and pump are easy to diy with minimum special tools, I used small locking pliers and hose pinchers on hoses to prevent coolant loss.
Did a writeup on it either here on the other forum.
good luck
Yours sound like a blend motor issue. Have you tested it yet
seanjordan20 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 05:45 PM
  #5  
New Members
 
cmyachtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 401
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62
Default

Originally Posted by seanjordan20 View Post
Yours sound like a blend motor issue. Have you tested it yet
pls explain what is a blend motor issue and how can it be tested?
cmyachtie is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 06:11 PM
  #6  
New Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 1,057
My Ride: None
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54
Default

Originally Posted by cmyachtie
pls explain what is a blend motor issue and how can it be tested?
A blend door actuator/motor controls the blend doors (open and close). When the HVAC is changed the actuators open and closes doors to allow air flow. When non-operational they get stuck. It gets more technical but you should get the gist. Below is a pic of one. Our cars have a lot of them. Also it could be the module itself.
Attached Thumbnails Heating issues-photo139.jpg  
seanjordan20 is offline  
Old 12-20-2018, 10:08 PM
  #7  
New Members
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: London
Posts: 24
My Ride: E60 545i stock
Model Year: 2004
Default

Not tested anything yet i get powerful flow of air but no heat. (Passenger side only) Its a weekend car so i will test AC to see if thats ok and get back.thanks for replies. Where is the part on the car
thsnks
Bimmerlat is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 03:01 AM
  #8  
New Members
 
cmyachtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 401
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62
Default

Originally Posted by seanjordan20 View Post
A blend door actuator/motor controls the blend doors (open and close). When the HVAC is changed the actuators open and closes doors to allow air flow. When non-operational they get stuck. It gets more technical but you should get the gist. Below is a pic of one. Our cars have a lot of them. Also it could be the module itself.
thx seanjordan20, can they be tested with INPA or DIS?
cmyachtie is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 08:31 AM
  #9  
New Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 1,057
My Ride: None
Model Year: 05 530i
Engine: 3.0 M54
Default

Yes in INPA
seanjordan20 is offline  
Old 12-21-2018, 12:32 PM
  #10  
New Members
 
cmyachtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 401
My Ride: 2004 545i+BT+AUX+Coding
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62
Default

Originally Posted by seanjordan20 View Post
Yes in INPA
thanks, will give that a try first chance I get. Do you happen to know what’s involved to replace one of these?
Hope not to have to remove whole dash and heater under it...LOL.
cmyachtie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heating issues


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.