5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Heating issues (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/heating-issues-149189/)

Bimmerlat 12-20-2018 09:09 AM

Heating issues

Dear all
Is there anyone who can help with this
I have heat on driver side but no heat passenger side even with dials on max
Any ideas anyone

seanjordan20 12-20-2018 09:41 AM

Without any other information I would say:

control valve

cmyachtie 12-20-2018 10:01 AM

Likely be the control valve however I have replaced mine PLUS the auxiliary heater pump both as my problem is lots of heat in the passenger foot well but hardly any (just lukewarm) for the driver's, been that way ever since I got
this car 6yrs ago......beginning to believe it’s a “feature” of the 2004 model.......
Both valve and pump are easy to diy with minimum special tools, I used small locking pliers and hose pinchers on hoses to prevent coolant loss.
Did a writeup on it either here on the other forum.
good luck

seanjordan20 12-20-2018 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by cmyachtie
Likely be the control valve however I have replaced mine PLUS the auxiliary heater pump both as my problem is lots of heat in the passenger foot well but hardly any (just lukewarm) for the driver's, been that way ever since I got
this car 6yrs ago......beginning to believe it’s a “feature” of the 2004 model.......
Both valve and pump are easy to diy with minimum special tools, I used small locking pliers and hose pinchers on hoses to prevent coolant loss.
Did a writeup on it either here on the other forum.
good luck

Yours sound like a blend motor issue. Have you tested it yet

cmyachtie 12-20-2018 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by seanjordan20 (Post 1598072)
Yours sound like a blend motor issue. Have you tested it yet

pls explain what is a blend motor issue and how can it be tested?

seanjordan20 12-20-2018 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by cmyachtie
pls explain what is a blend motor issue and how can it be tested?

A blend door actuator/motor controls the blend doors (open and close). When the HVAC is changed the actuators open and closes doors to allow air flow. When non-operational they get stuck. It gets more technical but you should get the gist. Below is a pic of one. Our cars have a lot of them. Also it could be the module itself.

Bimmerlat 12-20-2018 10:08 PM

Not tested anything yet i get powerful flow of air but no heat. (Passenger side only) Its a weekend car so i will test AC to see if thats ok and get back.thanks for replies. Where is the part on the car
thsnks

cmyachtie 12-21-2018 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by seanjordan20 (Post 1598083)
A blend door actuator/motor controls the blend doors (open and close). When the HVAC is changed the actuators open and closes doors to allow air flow. When non-operational they get stuck. It gets more technical but you should get the gist. Below is a pic of one. Our cars have a lot of them. Also it could be the module itself.

thx seanjordan20, can they be tested with INPA or DIS?

seanjordan20 12-21-2018 08:31 AM

Yes in INPA

cmyachtie 12-21-2018 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by seanjordan20 (Post 1598093)
Yes in INPA

thanks, will give that a try first chance I get. Do you happen to know what’s involved to replace one of these?
Hope not to have to remove whole dash and heater under it...LOL.