E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

heater

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Has anyone else notice that the heat in the e60 does not come out of the dash vents as hot only luke warm and i have to turn it all the way up to get any heat out of it. I have adjusted the climiate stratification to all 4 of the bars in the red and i still only get luke warm heat from the dash and the passenger one is even colder. The only way to get the heat really warm seems to be to turn on the auto control which then directs the heat to the floor and then it gets warm but if adjusted to the top thru idrive still no heat is there a problem with my system or is this the norm for the car it seems to use to be warmer before 13.2 upgrade
Old 11-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Nov 3 2004, 09:19 PM
Has anyone else notice that the heat in the e60 does not come out of the dash vents as hot only luke warm and i have to turn it all the way up to get any heat out of it.? I have adjusted the climiate stratification to all 4 of the bars in the red and i still only get luke warm heat from the dash and the passenger one is even colder.? The only way to get the heat really warm seems to be to turn on the auto control which then directs the heat to the floor and then it gets warm but if adjusted to the top thru idrive still no heat is there a problem with my system or is this the norm for the car it seems to use to be warmer before 13.2 upgrade
[snapback]52547[/snapback]
I believe this is by design. Many european cars have fresh (cool air) coming out of the main vents even when you are trying warm the car. The hot air always blows from below (heat rises). I actually like this system as hot air blowing on the upper body or face can help you fall asleep. E.G. Set the system on automatic, set the driver side at say 75 degrees. Then set the passenger side for 85 degrees. you will see that cool air still comes from the upper vents for the pasenger and should be directed past the body. The passenger well will be blowing hot air making the cabin perfectly comfortable for two individuals with different temperature requirements. The same principal also applies to the rear vents.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I noticed the same and it is very comfortable for me..
Old 11-04-2004, 03:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

That is kinda what i thought was going on, i will try the different settings but at 75 or 80 i may as well still have the ac on literally cold air. Before the last software upgrade and the loss of the picturals i could get more heat upper, as i can do in my e34, i dont like the aspect of haveing to use the auto to get the desired heat pattern as it is a two step process push the auto then have to turn off the ac each and every time also, then if i want to turn down the volume of air then i am not in the auto mode any more. i want my 10.2 back I also think this update affected my bass response in my subs almost no bass at all this sucks, back to dealer again
Old 11-04-2004, 05:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is by bmw design and i love it. my mercedes e had a cool/warm adjustment, however it was manual and sucked compared to bmw.

i'm sure you've adjusted the cool/warm setting in your idrive. you could also cut the air flow down on the dash and point them away from you.