E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Have you got to that relaxed stage yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had our car for 14 mths and 50.000 km's.

-NO food in the car, Coca Cola, and mineral water in bottles - OK!
-I try to clean it every week (Titanium Grey ll - looks best when it's clean )
-I only handwash it! (the car is protected with Ditec "paint preservation" - it's like a wax, but it last for a year! The car still looks brilliant!)
-Takes 10 min to find a nice parking spot
-I hate when people hit the doors with there shoes while the car getting in to the car

.... A clean car drives ten times better than a dirty car
Old 06-17-2005, 06:31 AM
JDN
Contributors

14 months and the wife still hasn't driven it. I offer, she declines. I always hand wash and have kept it RejeXed since early on. It always bubbles the bath water. I don't remember many back seat passengers at all. Anyone can drink anything in the car. We've never eaten anything other than packaged salty peanuts, packaged crackers, fruit, etc. The inside doesn't quite get the care of the outside, but does clean up nicely when I do it. RejeX on the wood has been a winner. I have big feet and a tight fit in the garage so the door panels sometimes get kicked with muddy boots. I usually clean that up pretty quickly. I have the deep rubber BMW mats all the way around and need them because some of my haunts are not paved. This honeymoon has a long way to go yet.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:41 AM
Contributors

I get A LOT of dirty looks and the odd comment for parking in two spots wherever I go, along the lines of "your anti-social parking manners suit the badge of the car" .
Had the odd parking ticket for it too.
I did manage not to smoke in it though, apart from the odd one with the roof and windows open when stuck in traffic.

My wife once asked me to bring the dog to the vet in my car. An 8 stone black and white long haired dog. No bleeding way!
Old 06-17-2005, 06:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Jun 17 2005, 08:41 AM
I get A LOT of dirty looks and the odd comment for parking in two spots wherever I go, along the lines of "your anti-social parking manners suit the badge of the car"? .
I did manage not to smoke in it though, apart from the odd one with the roof and windows open when stuck in traffic.
[snapback]140367[/snapback]
And not to mention, sand surfing???
Old 06-17-2005, 06:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cwoarmy' date='Jun 17 2005, 03:43 PM
[quote name='Flowerfred' date='Jun 17 2005, 08:41 AM']I get A LOT of dirty looks and the odd comment for parking in two spots wherever I go, along the lines of "your anti-social parking manners suit the badge of the car"? .
And not to mention, sand surfing???
[snapback]140369[/snapback]
[/quote]

Should have seen that one coming. My own personal foglight issue..

For those of you that haven't been here that long, this was at a meet we did.
Attached Thumbnails Have you got to that relaxed stage yet?-picture_203.jpg   Have you got to that relaxed stage yet?-picture_205.jpg  
Old 06-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Jun 17 2005, 08:41 AM
I get A LOT of dirty looks and the odd comment for parking in two spots wherever I go, along the lines of "your anti-social parking manners suit the badge of the car"? .

My wife once asked me to bring the dog to the vet in my car. An 8 stone black and white long haired dog. No bleeding way!
I kept an old sedan rather than trade in on my 6er just for that reason. Not so much for me to take dogs out and about but to provide my wife a vehicle other than her Audi Cabrio or to even THINK about asking me to use the 6er. I'll have to admit, though, I did check out the so called Universal Protective Rear Cover in the configurator and accessories catalog just in case she got hard lined on me
Old 06-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jun 17 2005, 04:30 PM
[, I did check out the so called Universal Protective Rear Cover in the configurator and accessories catalog just in case she got hard lined on me
[snapback]140392[/snapback]
We need a Universal Protective Cover from wifes that want to put dogs in sedans!

Great topic btw.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Jun 17 2005, 04:41 PM

I often want to take up 2 parking spaces (if it is not a busy place), but I worry that some some spiteful idiot will key my car, or that some tiny car will squeeze in on one side

If only everyone had respect for other peoples property!
Old 06-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Members

I had a no food/drink policy for about a week. It is just easier now to tell my better half "have what you want, but if you leave any behind....YOU CLEAN!! " So far so good
Old 06-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

relaxed? NO WAY!!! Not for another 9 years...

Quick Reply: Have you got to that relaxed stage yet?