E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Have you got to that relaxed stage yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I just wondered if any of you guys were like me where you buy a brand new car and you want to keep it as delivered and then all of a sudden, don't know when its coming, but you just relax, don't worry about the kids scuffing the leather, odd spillage or perhaps leave it dirtier for longer. It'll all clean up! Perhaps start to eat fast food in it drink coffee etc.

The novelty of E60 ownership lasted longer in my first E60 but has worn off quicker in my latest car. Don't get me wrong I love my car and keep it nice, I have just calmed down with now!

Are you a don't mess with my motor? Or are you now chilled out?
Old 06-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Melbourne Red X6M

I have had my 545i for 8 months now and I still won't allow any food in my car. Everything has to go in the trunk, haha. I still have the new car smell so I'm trying to preserve that. I want to keep my car looking as clean and new as possible for as long as possible. I love my car and no one better mess with it!

David
Old 06-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Senior Members

sunday habit of mine is to pick up mcdonalds french fries from the back of my car................that was after about day 6, just come back from a week in france car looked like a skip
Old 06-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

Mine is nearly a year old and i do like to keep ot clean. I try to wash it about once a a week. I also wax it every few months aswell.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Members

I still try to keep mine new. I have had my car for 3 months now and I don't allow food, or drinks without a secure cap in the car. Oh yea, I never rolled down the windows for longer than 2 minutes. I'm trying to preserve the new car smell as well
Old 06-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Members

You know you can buy that stuff in cans!
Old 06-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

I'm completely paranoid

Whenever I go somewhere, it takes me 10 minutes to find the safest paking spot where no one can squeeze in next to me and scratch my doors

Oh and definitely no food in my car!

But then again I've been the same with all my BMW's except maybe to a lesser degree with the 1 Series!

Old 06-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

I gave up a long time ago. I have 2 daughters (8 and 4) and a nephew (7). They are in the car every weekend without fail.

When the car was about 6 weeks old I was drving along one day with the kids in tow when suddenly my eight yr old daughter piped up (in a very nervous tone) " Dad, I think you better stop"

My nephew had thrown up in the back seat!!

Since then I've had no option but to chill out!!
Old 06-16-2005, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Mental Note To Self, DO NOT, repeat DO NOT buy nomad's car!!
Old 06-16-2005, 01:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

well number one...no dirty objects with muddy/dirty shoes in the car...number two..no eating...although last week I broke rules... I let my dad taste test an ice cream in the car due to our new ice cream business we've been around testing ice cream...and he got a tad bit on the seat....it was wiped of but still needs to be cleaned..i freaked out although to some extent i think ive calmed down too....i also still take 10 minutes to park .....exterior still anal about

Quick Reply: Have you got to that relaxed stage yet?