E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Had my TOYO Proxies 4 balanced & rotated today and

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Dear Forum:

I purchased my new e60 BMW 530i last year and at the first 2500 miles I had my tires rotated and balanced with my stock BMW OEM 17inch 138's and with the Continental's, and I had just 7/32s of tread left then I purchased my new BMW OEM 71's with Proxies 4 TOYO 245/40/18, and today I had them rotated and balanced by Kauffman Tire Company in the PTC GA community where I live and I have already paid for lifetime rotatation and balancing for $55.00, (The general manager knows I am an Hi-end car guy, that is real picky with my Bimmer, and I will raise cain at the drop of a hat, with him if his techs' don't do an good job for me,

But the manager was understanding and nice enough let me meet and watch the tech for the entire time it took to perform this task ((It took him 45 minutes using Hunter Road force not usding more than and once of weight on the BMW OEM style 71 rim)), I did this watching to make sure he did not scratch my new 71's, and he did not),

To my surprise my TOYO Proxies 4 are wearing even, and after 5000 miles with 32psi front and 34psi rear I have 9/32s on three tires, and on the RT front has 9/32s left...I have never seen tires that gets such good tread mileage after being ran somewhat aggressively in the corners at times...and the sidewall does give a little but overall handles well, and rides smooth!

Hope this helps,,,,I thought I would just post this the forum for my Bimmer's buddies in case one is deciding how good the TOYO Proxies 4 wear, etc...

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
Old 06-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

I loved my Proxes T1-S tires on my previous car. I'll probably put the T1-Rs on my 530i when the time comes. Good feedback.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:12 AM
Dear Forum:

I purchased my new e60 BMW 530i last year and at the first 2500 miles I had my tires rotated and balanced with my stock BMW OEM 17inch 138's and with the Continental's, and I had just 7/32s of tread left then I purchased my new BMW OEM 71's with Proxies 4 TOYO 245/40/18, and today I had them rotated and balanced by Kauffman Tire Company in the PTC GA community where I live and I have already paid for lifetime rotatation and balancing for $55.00, (The general manager knows I am an Hi-end car guy, that is real picky with my Bimmer, and I will raise cain at the drop of a hat, with him if his techs'? don't do an good job for me,

But the manager was understanding and nice enough let me meet and watch the tech for the entire time it took to perform this task ((It took him 45 minutes using Hunter Road force not usding more than and once of weight on the BMW OEM style 71 rim)), I did this watching to make sure he did not scratch my new 71's, and he did not),

To my surprise my TOYO Proxies 4 are wearing even, and after 5000 miles with 32psi front and 34psi rear I have 9/32s on three tires, and on the RT front has 9/32s left...I have never seen tires that gets such good tread mileage after being ran somewhat aggressively in the corners at times...and the sidewall does give a little but overall handles well,? and rides smooth!

Hope this helps,,,,I thought I would just post this the forum for my Bimmer's buddies in case one is deciding how good the TOYO Proxies 4 wear, etc...

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
[snapback]137157[/snapback]
I noticed that you don't have the Sport Package.Is that why you are running low psi in your tires?
cheers
vern
Old 06-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by vern' date='Jun 7 2005, 05:53 PM
[quote name='Presley348' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:12 AM']Dear Forum:

I purchased my new e60 BMW 530i last year and at the first 2500 miles I had my tires rotated and balanced with my stock BMW OEM 17inch 138's and with the Continental's, and I had just 7/32s of tread left then I purchased my new BMW OEM 71's with Proxies 4 TOYO 245/40/18, and today I had them rotated and balanced by Kauffman Tire Company in the PTC GA community where I live and I have already paid for lifetime rotatation and balancing for $55.00, (The general manager knows I am an Hi-end car guy, that is real picky with my Bimmer, and I will raise cain at the drop of a hat, with him if his techs'? don't do an good job for me,

To my surprise my TOYO Proxies 4 are wearing even, and after 5000 miles with 32psi front and 34psi rear I have 9/32s on three tires, and on the RT front has 9/32s left...I have never seen tires that gets such good tread mileage after being ran somewhat aggressively in the corners at times...and the sidewall does give a little but overall handles well,? and rides smooth!

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
I noticed that you don't have the Sport Package.Is that why you are running low psi in your tires?
cheers
vern
[snapback]137294[/snapback]
[/quote]

=======
Hi Vern:

I run the 32 front and 34 rear cold PSI, because that is what my BMW dealer Senior Tech recommends, and it handles, corners and gets excellant tire wear on these TOYO Proxies'

Eddie
Old 06-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Presley348' date='Jun 7 2005, 04:57 PM
[quote name='vern' date='Jun 7 2005, 05:53 PM'][quote name='Presley348' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:12 AM']Dear Forum:

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
cheers
vern
[/quote]

=======
Hi Vern:

I run the 32 front and 34 rear cold PSI, because that is what my BMW dealer Senior Tech recommends, and it handles, corners and gets excellant tire wear on these TOYO Proxies'

Eddie
[snapback]137296[/snapback]
[/quote]
What Cold PSI is on your door post? On mine its 36 front and 44 rear.
cheers
vern
Old 06-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Eddie:

Thanks loads for the positive reports on the Toyos. Although after 250 miles only on my Dunlop RFs I have no complaints, that may change after a few thousand miles based upon the reports from many other Forum members. Toyos have gotten very good reviews on other vehicles also.

Of course, on my 545 Sport rotation of tires is not in the cards ...
Old 06-07-2005, 10:50 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545 Sport Week 9

Originally Posted by vern' date='Jun 7 2005, 03:06 PM
[quote name='Presley348' date='Jun 7 2005, 04:57 PM'][quote name='vern' date='Jun 7 2005, 05:53 PM'][quote name='Presley348' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:12 AM']Dear Forum:

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
cheers
vern
[/quote]

=======
Hi Vern:

Eddie
[/quote]
cheers
vern
[snapback]137301[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mine also says 36/44 on the post, but I think those numbers are crazy high. I run 32/36. It's interesting the door jamb sticker says to see owner's manual for more information and the pressures in the owners manual range from 30/35 to 29/32 to 33/38 depending on speed range and load. So how do they come up with 36/44???

On the e39 BMW had special tire pressures just for US cars. They would purposely raise the rear pressure to increase understeer and thus make the cars 'safer' for those that don't know how to drive. My feeling is they are doing the same with this revised door jamb sticker. I think they are also raising the pressures because they realize that Americans don't check tire pressures and they don't want to have another Ford Explorer/Firestone tire fiasco...so they overstate the pressures realizing that if they require high pressures that even cars that have been neglected should still have around 30psi. Who knows...but that's my opinion. btw, at 32 in the front, there is no sidewall wear...which is typically the marker for too low pressure.

What's everyone else running and why?
Old 06-08-2005, 03:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TitaniumGray5' date='Jun 8 2005, 01:50 AM
[quote name='vern' date='Jun 7 2005, 03:06 PM'][quote name='Presley348' date='Jun 7 2005, 04:57 PM'][quote name='vern' date='Jun 7 2005, 05:53 PM'][quote name='Presley348' date='Jun 7 2005, 11:12 AM']Dear Forum:

Sincerely,

R. Eddie Presley
cheers
vern
[/quote]

=======
Hi Vern:

Eddie
[/quote]
cheers
vern
[snapback]137301[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mine also says 36/44 on the post, but I think those numbers are crazy high. I run 32/36. It's interesting the door jamb sticker says to see owner's manual for more information and the pressures in the owners manual range from 30/35 to 29/32 to 33/38 depending on speed range and load. So how do they come up with 36/44???

On the e39 BMW had special tire pressures just for US cars. They would purposely raise the rear pressure to increase understeer and thus make the cars 'safer' for those that don't know how to drive. My feeling is they are doing the same with this revised door jamb sticker. I think they are also raising the pressures because they realize that Americans don't check tire pressures and they don't want to have another Ford Explorer/Firestone tire fiasco...so they overstate the pressures realizing that if they require high pressures that even cars that have been neglected should still have around 30psi. Who knows...but that's my opinion. btw, at 32 in the front, there is no sidewall wear...which is typically the marker for too low pressure.

What's everyone else running and why?
[snapback]137447[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm Running 36 and 44 as stated on the door post.and it seams to be working out fine although the ride is a little harsh. On a past post on the same subject many said they are having success with 36 and 44.Do a search on the matter.
cheers
vern
Old 06-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Or just consult the manual. It has two other clearly stated pressures that are recommended besides the one on the door.
Old 06-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by UUronL' date='Jun 8 2005, 11:05 AM
Or just consult the manual.? It has two other clearly stated pressures that are recommended besides the one on the door.
[snapback]137582[/snapback]
To the best of my knowledge there hasn't been a manual printed since 2004 and they still have the same psi recommendations.The new door sticker came out in middle to late 2004 with the 36-44 psi and the only psi on the sticker not like the old one that had a few psi's that you could go by.
Rudy where are you???
cheers
vern

Quick Reply: Had my TOYO Proxies 4 balanced & rotated today and