E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Got a Ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

sorry for your plight
Old 05-06-2010, 09:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bens1088
I just roll down my front windows when I see cops. My z is tinted even darker (20% all the way around) and I've never gotten a ticket. I live in CA where they are strict as hell.

Can't cite you for tinted windows if they can't see your windows!

Up here in Nor Cal, local cops aren't as bad as those down south those CHP's will pull you over for having tinted window in the front. Got pulled over one time in the city when I went over an overpass and the CHP had just exited the freeway. The one ticket that I still can't get over was when I parked my car in front of my own home and was ticketed for not having front license plate. Heck I just paid the fine and moved on...
Old 05-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Up here in Nor Cal, local cops aren't as bad as those down south those CHP's will pull you over for having tinted window in the front. Got pulled over one time in the city when I went over an overpass and the CHP had just exited the freeway. The one ticket that I still can't get over was when I parked my car in front of my own home and was ticketed for not having front license plate. Heck I just paid the fine and moved on...
yeah my e60 in Santa Barbara is only tinted 35% in the front. I haven't had any trouble before.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

In RI on rt 4 a state trooper pulled my buddy over who had 30% tint all around. He got a ticket and a court date!
Old 05-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Senior Members

that sucks. i figure with the contrasting tint (35%/20%) plus rolling down my windows when i see cops, my odds of a ticket are pretty low.

For those of you who are thinking what a pain, atleast I have automatic windows. My 280zx didn't have power windows before the restore. Lol imagine leaning over in a manual and cranking a window everytime a PO drove by.