E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

got my recall letter in the mail today

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
The recall affects ALL E60s from 2004-2009, so it's not just you Bro. I'd say: get it over with, because anytime you can get the stealer to work on your car for free - DO IT!!!!!
Great response -ha ha!! I got my letter a couple weeks and have my appointment tomorrow. Normally I would be leery of scheduling the afternoon before a 3 day weekend but I think this one is tough to screw up as the repair is preventive. Besides they always wash the car so it will be looking good for the weekend travels

Safe travels everyone and thanks to all of the veterans!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

Just got mine done today. Took less than 1/2 hour! They finished before I finished my bagel and coffee!! That's the only thing my wife and I like about the dealership, the coffee!! Haha!
Old 05-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Rez
Members

My Ride: PHINEASS. 2008 535i Alpine White/ Light Beige Dakota/ Dark Poplar with Sports, Premium, Navigation, Cold Weather, Comfort Access, Satellite Radio, Ipod & USB, Legal Tinted, All Weather Front, Rear and Trunk mats, Detailed and Clay Treated.
Model Year: 2008

Got my letter today, at last. Will schedule for next weekend. Wish it came a bit earlier so I could leave it with them while out of town for the long weekend.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Members

My appointment is scheduled for tomorrow. Should I ask for a loaner? Is there also a recall on the passenger airbag error? Should I ask them to fix it while I'm at it?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

be careful i also ask for the passenger mat seat recall( when the stealer run my vin# they say my car do not qualify,and then i call BMW NA.and they say that it does)..and then my dealer told me -"""we will run a diagnostic..for the passenger airbag mulfunction and if the issue is not the mat""..i have to pay for diagnostic..$130
what assholes ,,and i say pass..so i will do just the cable recall..
Old 05-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by stel_i79
be careful i also ask for the passenger mat seat recall( when the stealer run my vin# they say my car do not qualify,and then i call BMW NA.and they say that it does)..and then my dealer told me -"""we will run a diagnostic..for the passenger airbag mulfunction and if the issue is not the mat""..i have to pay for diagnostic..$130
what assholes ,,and i say pass..so i will do just the cable recall..
Ok thanks for the advice! I also read in another thread that the battery recall may possibly fix the airbag issue but I'm not sure..
Old 05-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Blackwolffm
Ok thanks for the advice! I also read in another thread that the battery recall may possibly fix the airbag issue but I'm not sure..
No it won't. The recall is for the connection between the battery cable and the main bus cable that runs to the engine bay. The side of the cable where the BST is is not touched. I watched them perform the work and they didn't even open the panel where the battery is located. The whole time at the dealer took about 2 hours with all the paperwork processing, doing the job, and a car wash afterwards. They even did a regular inspection such as top off certain fluids, air in tires, etc...
Old 05-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

So I show up to the dealer, and I'm eager to pick up my loaner and be on my way. Well, turns out they never wrote down that I wanted a loaner when I made the appointment.

They offered me a one-way shuttle ride, but I opted to just wait. They said it'd take 90 mins, and they'll try to speed things up due to the mixup.

I was out 30 mins
Old 05-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Any Canadians get their letter yet?
Old 05-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

I finally got my recall notice in the mail today. It's funny because I remember reading about it in this forum three months ago. I love this forum.

Quick Reply: got my recall letter in the mail today