E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

got my recall letter in the mail today

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by spediegunz
My sub and amp was the reason I been stalling to go but since you say its ok and the idea of a loaner car sounds nice , but in nyc they don't play that they probably will laugh in my face if I ask for the loaner
LOL, well if you get the 328 like I got it will make your car feel like an M5 when you get back into it.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sub and amp was the reason I been stalling to go but since you say its ok and the idea of a loaner car sounds nice , but in nyc they don't play that they probably will laugh in my face if I ask for the loaner
I think (but anyone feel free to tell me I'm wrong) that loaners are an entirely different situation to normal work for which you'd be charged. When a dealer is performing these recall jobs, it's BMW HQ that's footing the bill. I think (*) that they don't care either way whether you want a loaner, because it's not being added to your [non-existent] bill, and they'll just pass the cost on to BMW HQ. It's BMW's responsibility, not the dealers, so if the customer asks for a loaner, the dealer shouldn't refuse, if they've got one available.

That's my viewpoint on it. It's fashioned from the only time I was ever offered a free loaner in my life, and it was when I got my brake recall thing done a year or two ago.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DD_545i
I think (but anyone feel free to tell me I'm wrong) that loaners are an entirely different situation to normal work for which you'd be charged. When a dealer is performing these recall jobs, it's BMW HQ that's footing the bill. I think (*) that they don't care either way whether you want a loaner, because it's not being added to your [non-existent] bill, and they'll just pass the cost on to BMW HQ. It's BMW's responsibility, not the dealers, so if the customer asks for a loaner, the dealer shouldn't refuse, if they've got one available.

That's my viewpoint on it. It's fashioned from the only time I was ever offered a free loaner in my life, and it was when I got my brake recall thing done a year or two ago.

I think it depends on the dealer, at Crevier if I brought my car in for wiper blades they'd probably offer me a loaner. In the time I have taken my car there they have offered me a loaner each and every time.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Senior Members

I hope they give me any new f10 or a 335i I will loan the crap out of that car
Old 05-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Contributors

I hope they give me any new f10 or a 335i I will loan the crap out of that car

LOL, careful, there are always mileage limits and all sorts of fees when you get a loaner. They don't exactly let you beat the hell out of them.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by pjinca
LOL, careful, there are always mileage limits and all sorts of fees when you get a loaner. They don't exactly let you beat the hell out of them.
Depneds on the dealership. The one I use never gives me a mileage limit - I just have to bring it back with the same amount of gas as when I left.

Then again I usually end up with a 328 with next to zero options.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Got my letter yesterday. Made an appointment this morning and will be bringing the car in tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Members

My Ride: '08 528i, Premium, Nav, heated seats, iPod, Xenon

I got my letter yesterday too. Luckily, I had brought my car in last week for another reason and they fixed it then.

Jim
Old 05-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Joe550i
I didn't get a letter but I called and made a appointment for recall repairs on my 2006 550i and took it right in. Here is a list of items replaced

Positive battery cable
Brake booster and seal
Brake master cylinder
Hydraulic hose
Brake fluid
Brake system flush and bleed
and some other things.

Man I love free repairs! Especially ones as expensive as a brake booster and master cylinder.
The recall involves a new Master Cylinder, Brake Booster,and hoses too? I thought it was just for a new battery cable. I have to read my recall notice more carefully. I go in next Tuesday.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Veight
The recall involves a new Master Cylinder, Brake Booster,and hoses too? I thought it was just for a new battery cable. I have to read my recall notice more carefully. I go in next Tuesday.
No, the current recall does not involve the brakes at all. On the V-8 cars there was a previous recall for the booster/master cylinder

Quick Reply: got my recall letter in the mail today