E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Got a 2006 525i and was hit by a...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to go somewhere else to get an estimate tomorrow but I have no idea where to start besides this BMW collision places.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by Blackwolffm
Ya they told me state farm will work with BMW directly with there estimates and everything so no check for me

I went back to his office to see if he would install Xenon lights and m5 or m sport bumper but he said it would be $1000 difference I have to pay due to brackets or something.
As far as the lights he said they can't go from halogen to xenon
Yes you can for $40 for an aftermarket kit with resistors. Just keep your lights, refinish them and add a kit. You can't replace them with bi-xenon`BMW lights unless you get the lights and do coding and so forth. You're not being a smart consumer about this.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2009 BMW 528i Space Gray | Premium Package | Sports Package | Navigation

I agree with AchtungE60. You have an option from insurance to get a check cut out to you for the damages. You don't necessarily have to get the car repaired at the shop that gave you an estimate. My suggestion is to get the check, go to a shop that can will "hook" you up with the Mtech bumpers, HID lights, etc... and pocket the difference you save.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Msport

same thing happened to me and I chose to go with umnitza's projector 60's. It's an alternative solution to your halogens and comes with orions. Keep in mind they're not for noobs like you and me, I spent some serious time there having them work on them. Depending on where you are, I would have someone who actually know's something about our lights do it. I had one busted headlight and got the 60's and still walked away with about $400 in my pocket from insurance. the link to the thread is in my signature.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:39 PM
Members

your car does not look bad at all except your head lights. I have a friend that works at a paint shop for cars and he tells me that damages like that usually gets buffed out with a stuff they use all the time. Now if you have dents in it or worse then that is something else. I think you should take it some where else to have a second opinion......thats my two cents. good luck
Old 06-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Justin66mp
same thing happened to me and I chose to go with umnitza's projector 60's. It's an alternative solution to your halogens and comes with orions. Keep in mind they're not for noobs like you and me, I spent some serious time there having them work on them. Depending on where you are, I would have someone who actually know's something about our lights do it. I had one busted headlight and got the 60's and still walked away with about $400 in my pocket from insurance. the link to the thread is in my signature.

After looking at those lights I just want to get a check now to get the lights and maybe repaint.. If I buy the projector60s can any local BMW Indy install them or is there a special install or wiring? Also, can I just call state farm and request a check for me instead of them giving it to BMW directly?

Ok and will this get rid of my parking lamp malfunction error also?

I stay in Birmingham, Alabama
Old 06-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i Alpine White w/ Gray Interior; Premium, Sports, Cold Weather; Comfort Access, NAV, iPod Adapter, Sat Radio Upgrades: ★ OEM 166 (245/35F : 275/30R) ★ Motorcepts HID AEs & Fogs ★ License Plate LEDs ★ 35% Tints ★ Wish List: MTech Kit : Matte Black Kidney Grilles : R1 Concepts / Hawk Brake Kit : Blacked-out Orion Headlights

Originally Posted by imagine
I agree with AchtungE60. You have an option from insurance to get a check cut out to you for the damages. You don't necessarily have to get the car repaired at the shop that gave you an estimate. My suggestion is to get the check, go to a shop that can will "hook" you up with the Mtech bumpers, HID lights, etc... and pocket the difference you save.
This. Where are you located? Someone here should be able to recommend a good body shop.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rest0r
This. Where are you located? Someone here should be able to recommend a good body shop.

That would be awesome. I stay in Birmingham, Alabama
Old 06-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Just wait on it. Don't take it to the body shop yet. Tell insurance you want a check. Good thing you went there though because they were able to give you a very high estimate! lol
You do not need your hood stripped unless you have dents all over.
You do not NEED new headlights, you can make yours look good as new. If you want them brighter you can add an H7 HID kit with some resistors to take car of errors.
You can get the panels painted or you can find a good body shop to take car of all the dents and so forth and repaint the whole car. But don't know if you have a spare car or will get a loaner.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Just wait on it. Don't take it to the body shop yet. Tell insurance you want a check. Good thing you went there though because they were able to give you a very high estimate! lol
You do not need your hood stripped unless you have dents all over.
You do not NEED new headlights, you can make yours look good as new. If you want them brighter you can add an H7 HID kit with some resistors to take car of errors.
You can get the panels painted or you can find a good body shop to take car of all the dents and so forth and repaint the whole car. But don't know if you have a spare car or will get a loaner.

Should I request for the $3,641 check or should I go to another place to get an estimate first?

Quick Reply: Got a 2006 525i and was hit by a...