E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

goood dam crappy design off carr ahhhh

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 03:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

all i wanted to do is take 1 head light out to try and replace the chrome in it, nice simple task ANY OTHER CAR it would just slide out

but no on this god dam car it wont slide out

i un did the 2 torque screws and loosened the 2 bolts at the bottom lamp was completely free but it just wouldn't slide out, some thing was stopping it

no matter wot i did it just wouldnt leave the freaking car, dint want to pull to much in case i damaged some thing

looks like ill just have to pay the fucking dealer ?1000 to replace a shitty ?5 bit of chrome

LOVE THE CAR

HATE WORKING ON IT + hate prices lol

apparently a faulty misted up head light + chrome damage is NOT covered on extended warranty even though they said its a fault with the head light ???????
Old 04-12-2009, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

Dude, in NJ headlight theft is huge, I'm glad they can't take mine with a couple of turns of a screw driver.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='844655' date='Apr 12 2009, 10:06 AM
Dude, in NJ headlight theft is huge, I'm glad they can't take mine with a couple of turns of a screw driver.
headlight theft? that is hilarious!
Old 04-12-2009, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

I think they are made that way to get your car back in the shop. Stereotypical e60 owners don't even open the hood to check the oil level. Once, while at the dealer, I overheard an e60 owner work out the details with the SA for wiper blade replacement. True Story!

E46's on the other hand were engineered to be a dream to work on! I miss how easy it was to fix/upgrade my 325.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sleeper50' post='844685' date='Apr 12 2009, 10:33 AM
I think they are made that way to get your car back in the shop. Stereotypical e60 owners don't even open the hood to check the oil level. Once, while at the dealer, I overheard an e60 owner work out the details with the SA for wiper blade replacement. True Story!

E46's on the other hand were engineered to be a dream to work on! I miss how easy it was to fix/upgrade my 325.
yeah, i was told if i need a wiper blade replacement, they will drop off a loaner car at my house and take my car for the day... i can change wiper blades with my eyes shut.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Contributors

It was a pain for me to take them out too. But after a lot of practice (Eyebrow mod) it became second nature.

I'm glad it's a pain. Headlight theft is serious. Like the Nissan Maxima. "Lights stolen in less than a minute each."

Google "Nissan Maxima headlight theft" http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...an_max_lt.html
Old 04-12-2009, 07:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by russdx' post='844590' date='Apr 12 2009, 01:18 PM
all i wanted to do is take 1 head light out to try and replace the chrome in it, nice simple task ANY OTHER CAR it would just slide out

but no on this god dam car it wont slide out

i un did the 2 torque screws and loosened the 2 bolts at the bottom lamp was completely free but it just wouldn't slide out, some thing was stopping it

no matter wot i did it just wouldnt leave the freaking car, dint want to pull to much in case i damaged some thing

looks like ill just have to pay the fucking dealer ?1000 to replace a shitty ?5 bit of chrome

LOVE THE CAR

HATE WORKING ON IT + hate prices lol

apparently a faulty misted up head light + chrome damage is NOT covered on extended warranty even though they said its a fault with the head light ???????
hi mate,

the reason the headlight doesn't slide out the way you expect, is because you haven't completed all steps to achieve the way it was designed to be removed.

You will need to create a little extra space by removing/loosening the following trim:

goood dam crappy design off carr ahhhh-trim.jpg

btw, there must be at least a few DIY on this forum explaining it - did you search at all ?

love the car + love to work on it !
Old 04-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi angel eyes upgrade, 5% tints...more to come

Originally Posted by andy545' post='844708' date='Apr 12 2009, 11:00 AM
hi mate,

the reason the headlight doesn't slide out the way you expect, is because you haven't completed all steps to achieve the way it was designed to be removed.

You will need to create a little extra space by removing/loosening the following trim:

Attachment 76571

btw, there must be at least a few DIY on this forum explaining it - did you search at all ?

love the car + love to work on it !

+1 they key is to try and not get frustrated! it takes a bit of wiggling and jiggling. after doing it a couple of times, I can do it fairly easy now. definitely probably easier to loosen the trim on top of the bumper too.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

ohh might give this another go hehe

head light theft WTF, i guess if the dealer wants ?1000 to replace it, must be worth a bit lol
Old 04-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

I live in NJ and have never heard of headlight theft which means that sometime in the next few days I will probably have my headlights stolen.

Quick Reply: goood dam crappy design off carr ahhhh