E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

good thing my dealer sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I scheduled an appointment a couple weeks ago for weds this week...that was the first opening available. I reported the following.

-cracked wheel
-top off oil
-loss of bmw assist/roadside assistance
-loss of parked car operation
-and the typical excessive brake noise

this is at about 9k miles.

So I dropped the car off first thing in the morning yesterday and declined the loaner car because I had my g/f meet me at the dealer to take me to work since I was told it would be ready that afternoon. Yesterday I got the call saying that they were programming the car to resolve the issues with the communications and the car will be ready soon. Sweeet. Then they tell me that they can't find anything out of the norm with the wheel. I explained it to him in detail and he kept repeating himself to the word in an apparent mannor to cover their asses. The cracks are pictured below. In person its actually not a crack but a defect in the manufacturing of the wheel, whether they are forged or cast...it's an error in the build.

Then they call and say they need the car overnight. Ok, sorry g/f, I need a ride home and to work in the morning which is now out of her way because we aren't meeting at the dealer and by the time I can get to the dealer after work they are closed.

day 2. call comes in about 2 pm. They won't do anything with the brakes because they don't make any noise. Even my g/f laughed at that one. The service advisor had agreed that there was a fix for them and they are on national back order, but mine are fine. BS!! and then he mentions that I am lucky enough that BMW is replacing my "telecommunications module" because it's a $1300 part. Wow, cool, asshat, it's barely 6 months old, and under warranty!! I'm not lucky, you are lucky that I am still calm on the phone after relaying to me that you need my car another night. Needless to say the g/f is not happy since she has to pick me up in the morning again but oh well...

Here are the pics of the wheel

Old 05-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

NEVER EVER turn away from a loner. I always get one cuz I know over 50% of the time they need the car longer than expected.

Hummm "youre lucky BMW is covering the TCM" sheesh... why not... unless you broke it. Prob treating you bad cuz you're a kid. I hate that.

Sorry kid. Grandpa's gotta say what grandpa's gotta say.

Thought you were selling your 5. what happened?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='278270' date='May 4 2006, 07:48 PM
NEVER EVER turn away from a loner. I always get one cuz I know over 50% of the time they need the car longer than expected.

Hummm "youre lucky BMW is covering the TCM" sheesh... why not... unless you broke it. Prob treating you bad cuz you're a kid. I hate that.

Sorry kid. Grandpa's gotta say what grandpa's gotta say.

Thought you were selling your 5. what happened?
haha, it's all good, i respect my elders I was planning on it but I have chosen the option of keeping this car for another year or so and then looking into a 997. But that might just be my flavor of the month. who knows.

The other thing that just PISSES ME OFF!! is everytime I go in there for assistance the first thing they ask is "did you buy the car here?" "No, I didn't" then the nasty "hmmm, ok" from the service rep pulls in clutch and ruins everything.

With my Audi everything was so ideal. I was the guy that would bring donuts in the morning for the shop when I dropped the car off. Not anymore.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Members

Regardless if the wheel is cracked or a manufacturing defect, I would insist on a new wheel. I don't know how I could convince myself to drive at highway speeds with a wheel like this. If your dealer refuses to replace a wheel, I would suggest that you contact BMW NA and try to show them the pictures. Good luck with fixing the car and dealing with an incompetent dealer.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Members

I'm already planning on needing to get BMW NA involved in this. The best part is, if any of you leased your vehicle, in the inspection guide that gets mailed to you is talks about dents and interior damage and then believe it or not they specifically talk about cracked wheels and being responsible for them...haha, that is going to the dealer with me for sure! that will be funny
Old 05-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Dirty 30' post='278265' date='May 4 2006, 10:36 PM
I scheduled an appointment a couple weeks ago for weds this week...that was the first opening available. I reported the following.

-cracked wheel
-top off oil
-loss of bmw assist/roadside assistance
-loss of parked car operation
-and the typical excessive brake noise

this is at about 9k miles.

and then he mentions that I am lucky enough that BMW is replacing my "telecommunications module" because it's a $1300 part. Wow, cool, asshat, it's barely 6 months old, and under warranty!!
As far as the TCU Unit I had 5 yes 5 replaced in a 9 month period before they got the BMW Assist working.The TCU Units $2000 a pop, no cost to me so who is your SA B/S. What dealer are you using?
You should put your comments good or bad on www.dealerrater.com so every one can benefit from them/
cheers
vern
Old 05-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Members

got the car back today...out of 3 days and all of that they topped off my oil and replaced the TCM. And the bluetooh connection shows roaming now instead of the standard phone picture for a connection. Great, thanks Don Mackey BMW of Tucson.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear about the hassle at the dealer. I thought Don Mackey BMW only screwed people when buying a car :'( - I hope my first service is less eventful than yours. Who was your service advisor? I think Werner is supposed to be pretty good.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Members

Thats exactly what my roommate and I were talking about. At least the dealership is consistant. They screw you when you buy AND when you get it serviced I had Paul, and he will be getting another visit from me soon.