E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Good News & Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 10:53 AM
NES
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys! I must say, today for me is one of those days that you hear both the best news and the worst news.

I called my BMW dealer to check the status of my order (all I had was allocation of the dealers and had put a deposit down). Well after some small talk with a good freind which is also my dealer he told me that I called on just the day...

Today my car entered into production, and will be ready on May 20th, with expected delivery around June 20th. This is for my 530xi. Well at this point I was jumping for joy. Throughout all this I sensed some hesitation in his voice, you would think after the millions of calls I give this guy I know when hes upset. Especially after being one of his most loyal customers through out the years. Anyways, he eventually, after much hesitation told me that he was departing from his current position to become General Manager at a Mercedes-Benz dealership closer to his home. I felt like someone stabbed me. He felt like he just stabbed me as well. He even told me he does not like the cars but they are offering him more and its closer to his home therfore allowing him to spend more time with his family. To sweeten everything up he told me if ever he could help me out with the purchase of a benz to not hesitate in contacting him because of the deals he would be able to give me. He wont even be there for delivery of my car late next month! I have 2 5ers and one X5 photo o me and him upon delivery.

I guess my good news went a bit sour only cause it was benz. Am I upset for nothing here or would you be in the same boat as I am now too?
Old 05-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Senior Members

Probably not that good to have such a close relationship to your dealer, basing it only on cars
Old 05-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

Hey cheer up.....you must give up some thing to gain better things in life. Seems like he stood infront of the bullet to save you and now he's moving on to other things (although moving to a benz dealership doesn't suffice )
Old 05-11-2005, 11:09 AM
NES
Members

Thats true. The way im looking at it, my baby just got conceived today.. Shes now baking in the oven and her due date is on the 20th. It just takes her about a month to come to poppa after birth, thats all.

I think its the whole fact that hes going to benz that gets me a lil worked up. Because I know in the near future at least (especially given the direction they are taken the company) I wont even consider benz, so I know now I need to find another BMW dealer. <_<
Old 05-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by NES' date='May 11 2005, 12:09 PM
Thats true.? The way im looking at it, my baby just got conceived today.. Shes now baking in the oven and her due date is on the 20th.? It just takes her about a month to come to poppa after birth, thats all.?

I think its the whole fact that hes going to benz that gets me a lil worked up.? Because I know in the near future at least (especially given the direction they are taken the company) I wont even consider benz, so I know now I need to find another BMW dealer.? <_<
[snapback]127095[/snapback]
There ARE some damn good benzes, if you stay away from the sedans... the SLK55 AMG, for example, which I seriously considered in lieu of my 545i. It would be my second car in a heartbeat, however.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

nes, just ask your friend to refer you to another dealer. it normally works out fine. the "new" dealer has to do a bit more since you are referred by someone who is in the business for so many years .