E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

god damn uro parts coolant transfer pipe :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 08:08 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 545i, e46 330i

Originally Posted by mag5qc
There's a two-piece tube kit available that's full of advice, link below:

http://www.autopartsapi.com/eeuropar...wwatertube.pdf
That's precisely the pipe that we all bought, and that I got so frustrated with.

In the end, I used *that* two-piece pipe, but I fitted it in from the front of the engine just like you would fit the OEM one-piece pipe. I could have just bought the OEM pipe for 1/4 of the price. The job is not the nightmare that people say. OK it's a bit of a big job, but heads can stay on.;. just loosen oil pans as described earlier.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:00 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by carl0s
That's precisely the pipe that we all bought, and that I got so frustrated with.

In the end, I used *that* two-piece pipe, but I fitted it in from the front of the engine just like you would fit the OEM one-piece pipe. I could have just bought the OEM pipe for 1/4 of the price. The job is not the nightmare that people say. OK it's a bit of a big job, but heads can stay on.;. just loosen oil pans as described earlier.
hardest part is probably the crank pulley bolt, although I'm not sure why you did it that way?
Old 12-31-2021, 04:52 AM
Probation Members

My Ride: BMW E70 4.8i

Originally Posted by carl0s
I'm getting so fed up of this now.

I've been trying to get the pipe to fit past the front seal since yesterday.

Fitting the front seal is a trauma in itself. The thin edge of the seal will never push in flush, you have to sit that edge in first, then force the rear down, but doing this all the way around is so difficult.

Anyway, I got the seal in, but there is no way the pipe will slide right through the seal and push up against the timing cover (they say you'll feel the click). Instead it gets half way through the seal and then squashes the seal up out of the gap.

The seal just isn't compressing like they expect it to.

I have greased it up etc.

The weather is quite hot here, so I have just put the pipe in the freezer and will see if that helps.

Honestly, removing the front timing cover can't be *that* difficult can it? I reckon it'd be easier than this anyway.

Anybody been in the same boat?
This is EXACTLY my experience. I think it’s a design fault. Before buying I did extensive research and many say it’s difficult to slide the pipe in and I thought no worries I’ll deal with it. But man, this is ridiculous. I think there are some variables and for some it’s simply impossible due to poor design. Exactly like yourself, I have put the seal in freezer to retry tomorrow morning because I had a warm day and raised the seal is loose. I won’t spend more than 20 mins and then I’ll order AGA version to save my sanity. This is a horribly engineered product even if some ppl were lucky and got away with it. With all this tweaking and pushing I won’t trust the seal anyway. I reported in ebay as faulty hopefully I get some refund. That’s an expensive piece of useless pipe I just bought.

Last edited by James78; 12-31-2021 at 04:57 AM.