E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glovebox Compartment questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)
Thumbs up

So I was maybe considering upgrading my car (DYI) with an Ipod adapter, however I have the following questions maybe someone can assist.

I dont already have the CD changer option, so I was curious to know if my car was already pre-wired for the CD Changer/Ipod connection and all I had to do was hook up somewhere, but I didnt see a free connection back there. Am I missing something or do you have to actually access the back of the radio/cpu you somewhere? to make the connection?

Secondly I notice that I could put my owners manual wallet in the place where the CD changer would go giving my self extra glove box room, does someone make a plastic sleeve that would just slide into place to sort of expand the space of the glovebox? I went to the dealer yesterday and they didnt have anything like that.

Anyone run into the above questions?

thanks
Old 11-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

If in the space where your manual is you don't see any wiring and plugs there I'd say you don't have the pre-wiring. Also isn't it an option code you can look up via your dealer. Also if you are going to install the iPOD interface then that space will be gone and there will be no need to find a plastic insert for that space because you wont have any.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

I saw retrofit kit pdf manual here before but couldn't find the particular thread 'bout it, if you don't have option SA672/694 you may need to use iPod interface retrofit kit no. 65 41 0 412 881. If I remember correctly that retrofit kit has extension where you have to route behind the CD in the-mid console where the closest fiber hub probably.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by IceyTys' post='722530' date='Nov 16 2008, 11:33 AM
So I was maybe considering upgrading my car (DYI) with an Ipod adapter, however I have the following questions maybe someone can assist.

I dont already have the CD changer option, so I was curious to know if my car was already pre-wired for the CD Changer/Ipod connection and all I had to do was hook up somewhere, but I didnt see a free connection back there. Am I missing something or do you have to actually access the back of the radio/cpu you somewhere? to make the connection?

Secondly I notice that I could put my owners manual wallet in the place where the CD changer would go giving my self extra glove box room, does someone make a plastic sleeve that would just slide into place to sort of expand the space of the glovebox? I went to the dealer yesterday and they didnt have anything like that.

Anyone run into the above questions?

thanks
from what i know, the space for the cd hanger will be occupied by the Ipod interface( will occupy more space posteriorly) if your looking at getting the interface, and from the interface an audio cable will go in the radio thru Aux/CD input(back of the radio). hope this helps.