E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Give me Truffle Brown!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 05:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545ia ED May '05
Angry

Hello all. Just kinda of ranting that I'd like more leather color options for '06 for us folks here in the US.

Ordered my 545 with Beige becuase I don't have the guts to order Auburn for fear its to "orange" as my wife says and the 2 tone back seats kind of look a bit er.. cheesy. After 2 years, you'd think we might get a toned down version of the Auburn or maybe the additional option to choose the Truffle Brown color like every other global market!!

Both the 3 and 7 have GREAT browns to choose from but I am surprised their middle market car doesn't get the same consideration. Even the new M has a great brown. Oh well.... opions are like....

Thoughts? Might there be a change to the leather options that's not widely known yet? Can I change mine to a special order?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by racefaith' date='Mar 28 2005, 08:02 AM

Hello all. Just kinda of ranting that I'd like more leather color options for '06 for us folks here in the US.

Ordered my 545 with Beige becuase I don't have the guts to order Auburn for fear its to "orange" as my wife says and the 2 tone back seats kind of look a bit er.. cheesy. After 2 years, you'd think we might get a toned down version of the Auburn or maybe the additional option to choose the Truffle Brown color like every other global market!!

Both the 3 and 7 have GREAT browns to choose from but I am surprised their middle market car doesn't get the same consideration. Even the new M has a great brown. Oh well.... opions are like....

Thoughts? Might there be a change to the leather options that's not widely known yet? Can I change mine to a special order?
[snapback]107770[/snapback]
You should be able to "special order" your car with Truffle Brown ... but I'm not 100% sure
Old 03-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by racefaith' date='Mar 28 2005, 08:02 AM

[snapback]107770[/snapback]

I have had numerous posts for the last year and a half both here and on Roadfly about how much I wanted to order the Truffle Brown. I even tried to order it but BMW NA rejected my order. So I had to choose from the available four colors. I hate black.......I like beige, but not the E60 beige........although I like gray, the last three BMW's I have owned in the last ten years had gray interiors and I was tired of gray. I liked Auburn but I was worried about two things: 1. That it would be too orange, and 2. That there was too much black mixed in (as I mentioned earlier I hate black interiors). I finally ended up ordering the Auburn and I am SO GLAD the I did. It is a lot less orange than in pictures and even less orange than I remembered seeing in a couple of cars at the dealership. It is more of a brownish brick color than orange. The black also works well, and I love the two tone look. I have received more compliments for the Auburn interior than anything else on the car. Bottom line....I can't be happier with the interior color and am glad I took the "risk".
Old 03-28-2005, 01:25 PM
stu
Members

Ditto
Attached Thumbnails Give me Truffle Brown!!!!-cayman_018.jpg  
Old 03-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Contributors

hi stu, why is the trim on your door handle silver? i wanted that, but i only had a choice of the brown or black wood trim when i ordered mine (US). is your dash trimmed that way as well? it looks really nice.

i noticed on your sig that you also have no nav - my big regret as well!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d Sport Auto (Steptronic), Carbon Black, Aubern Dakota Leather, Media Pack (Bluetooth, ProNav, 6 CD Changer)

Have to agree about the Aubern. I too have had more compliments about this than any other part of the car. It seems to be different colours in different lights, sometimes a truffly brown colour other times bright orange. I'm chuffed I decided to take the risk.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:55 AM
Members

Rodybmw:
I'd have to say you've given me something to think about with the varying look in different light. My troubles: Black - to hot. Beige - gets scuffs. Grey - to depressing. Auburn - likely bad for re-sale in the States in 3-4 yrs.

Its just that in every on-line picture I look at, the Auburn material looks almost basketball orange - way to severe for me.

I'm just really bummed because both the 3 and 7 series have a great, rich true brown leather choice and I am surprised that the most "conventional" car in their line-up does not have such a color.

-later
Old 03-29-2005, 05:11 AM

DO NOT go with the pics on e60.net for auburn. in person it doesnt look orange at all. go see it in person, youll be glad u did.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:12 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d Sport Auto (Steptronic), Carbon Black, Aubern Dakota Leather, Media Pack (Bluetooth, ProNav, 6 CD Changer)

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Mar 29 2005, 03:11 PM
DO NOT go with the pics on e60.net for auburn.? in person it doesnt look orange at all.? go see it in person, youll be glad u did.
[snapback]108179[/snapback]
Agree. It very rarely looks basketball orange, only in the brightest sunlight...... You really must see it before you decide, pop over to the UK and you can see mine.................
Old 03-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Mar 29 2005, 09:11 AM
DO NOT go with the pics on e60.net for auburn.? in person it doesnt look orange at all.? go see it in person, youll be glad u did.
[snapback]108179[/snapback]

I'd love to but the dealer says none are around.

Anyone out there in the CT area with Auburn!! I'll drive to see ya???