E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Give me back my music!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 10:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Bloody hell, is this car falling apart on me??

Today the cartridge with cd's got stuck in the cd-changer. The cd's don't play and the cassette won't eject. I can't pull it out by force either. (God knows I've tried!)

When I press the button it makes the regular sound and it seems to grab cd 3 or 4. For some reason it doesn't release.

Yes, I did stick it in there the right way around and all the discs were in the slots correctly. (I think).

Did anybody else experience this?
Old 09-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Senior Members

Aw heck, Fred. CDs are overrated.

Does your cassette player still work?

Old 09-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Contributors

No, but I hooked up my record player, it is sitting in the back seat.
Thank god I didn't go for the sports suspension..
Old 09-13-2004, 12:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Aha, you're joining the group!!! Never heard of this problem.. That's what you get when you are having copied CD's in your car.. The car is punishing you for that.. Just like my wifes smart.. She hasn't washed her car in 3 month.. Today the exhaustbracket broke on the freeway.. I told her it was the car punishing her for not cleaning it properly!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Contributors

I'm actually one of the last people that still BUYS the music.
I can't be arsed to download or copy, just order it on amazon.

I know, it is shameful and I will work on it.

(on the other hand, people like Fish and Waters got me through my childhood, it is only fair if get them through retirement)
(on the subject, did you guys know Roger Waters had his 60st birthday last week!)

(btw, the music I like can be bought at petrol stations for a few bucks now anyway.. )
Old 09-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 13 2004, 10:05 PM
That's what you get when you are having copied CD's in your car..
Hhhmmm... I have copied CD's in my CD changer and it works perfectly...
Old 09-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Members

hmmm.... BMW forgot to put my CD-changer... (the dealer I mean).

So... I might never get this problem.

ps: I am a DJ... but I can't play my vinyls in my BMW.... And I'm glad I can't
Old 09-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Sep 13 2004, 02:24 PM
I'm actually one of the last people that still BUYS the music.
I can't be arsed to download or copy, just order it on amazon.

I know, it is shameful and I will work on it.

(on the other hand, people like Fish and Waters got me through my childhood, it is only fair if get them through retirement)
(on the subject, did you guys know Roger Waters had his 60st birthday last week!)

(btw, the music I like can be bought at petrol stations for a few bucks now anyway.. )
I always buy SACD's. Those cannot be copied so I always have originals to.. Especially the hybrid SACD's sound great in the car!!!

Anyhow.. I hope yours gets fixed soon.. I almost never listen to the FM because they only talk on the radio.. I talk all the day myself and when I am alone I don't want others talking to me...
Old 09-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Senior Members

Today the cartridge with cd's got stuck in the cd-changer.
it happened to me once when i had my e39. i kind of remember i turn off the car, restart it, and i was able to eject the cartridge. but one of the cds was in the changer instead of the cartridge and when i put the cartridge back in and ejected it out again, it was ok. quite strange .

Especially the hybrid SACD's sound great in the car!!!
i thought if you don't have sacd player, you'll be able to hear the diff but not much . please correct me if i'm wrong. i wanted to get either sacd or dvd audio for so long but both are not popular in the states .
Old 09-13-2004, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

Do you think it had anything to do with your car getting all wet????

Quick Reply: Give me back my music!