E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Fully electric seats retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Today I visited a breaker/seller who is selling fully electrically adjustable leather seats (with memory, lumbar/shoulder support etc) for E60 from 2006 MY. I have partial electric adjustable seats but they are heated where I am not sure if the seller's seat is also heated but considering thats high-end seat I would assume it be to be heated too. How tough would it be to electrically swap this seat to my car? Would it need new wiring loom, how big this job is going to be? I don't mind stripping my car to bits as I have done it before and repeat doesn't take that long, anyway I am doing cic retrofit by end of this month so can combine these alongwith.

I can code car myself to enable almost any option so software wise no issues, I don't need to visit dealer.

He is also selling auto folding ec mirrors (SA430), mine is manual folding however I found that condition is his mirror cosmetically isn't great (glass and ec bit was good) and they are not in glossy shadowline too. So is it possible to rip-out all the electronic bits from the mirror and put in my existing mirror housing, I am more worried about replacing folding motors, they are based in the triangular mirror base place, would it be possible to take motor out from that casing and put it in mine?

I can buy all this for very cheap price once I am sure I can fit them with full function in my car. Please suggest...