E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Tank Vent Valve - Covered Under CPO or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just want to see if anyone has had their fuel tank vent valve replaced under CPO warranty. I am waiting to hear back from my dealer but they are not sure if it's covered or not. Anyone experienced with this situation?

Thanks.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gleckie
Just want to see if anyone has had their fuel tank vent valve replaced under CPO warranty. I am waiting to hear back from my dealer but they are not sure if it's covered or not. Anyone experienced with this situation?

Thanks.
why would it not be covered? is a fuel tank vent not part of the "fuel system" ... which is clearly covered according to bmw's cpo page on their website (i just checked). i thought that bmw telling me that an upgraded exhaust bracket (to reduce idle vibration) not being covered under cpo was questionable ... but i think in your case the answer is pretty clear. for me, it has been a disappointment to find that bmw (at least my dealer) seems to do anything they can to deny you what you deserve. i had a service advisor just today at my dealer tell me point blank that wiper inserts are not included with extended maintenence -- which my car has. even though every damn piece of literature put out by bmw says they are.. honestly it makes me want to find another brand of car. there is nothing i despise more than having to constantly fight to hold another party to their end of a bargain. it's just not right..
Old 02-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Members

Yeah, the CPO guide specifically calls out the Fuel System and this is part of the Fuel System so I would fight tooth-and-nail that it should be covered..

Sorry to hear about the wiper blades. That makes no sense to me since they will replace them under the maintenance plan that comes with the car when it is new...