E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Frustrated with Wifey's driving style or lack of!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by melimel' post='829107' date='Mar 28 2009, 01:41 PM
you sound exactly like my brother in law speaking about my sister.. they love each other dearly, but my bro in law believes my sister has always been spoiled.. which is kinda true.. even though alot is "theirs" alot is still his .. and hers...

which have been brought into many battles which only end up causing more problems..

my advice to you being a girl herself would if she can afford it.. let her buy her own..although to be honest i still dont understand the whole sep bank account thing or seperate money thing.. but to each marriage its own.. my dad does that with his 3RD!!! WIFE AND THATS NOT GOING TO LAST! TRUST ME...

let her get her own, keep it messy or whatever.. why are you bothering to let it annoy you this much? its not worth it.. all i know is when i got married.. my money and his money became OUR money.. period.. we both respected it equally..
it seems to me like she also knew you were going to flip out because of the story she gave you and she told you while she was in bed with the kids.. good way to aviod situations(done it myself)

you seem to have a slight resentment toward your wife.. and that my friend will not lead to anything good down the road.. just my opinion..lifes too short.. get rid of your extra cars! and be happy with your own..! and same with her..
I agree 100% which is probably why my wife and are are still married after 12 years. You sure you're not a marriage counselor??

Bottom line is that a car is a machine which can be replaced. People cannot be.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

banned my gf from smokin in my car lol
i am evil
Old 03-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cokeefe' post='829039' date='Mar 28 2009, 10:54 AM
Agreed. I call my wife's car "the landfill" as a joke, but it's not something we get worked up over, because we've got 2 little ones riding in there and she's a wonderful mother.

I'm pretty sure bitching about your wife on a bulletin board isn't going to fix your marital problems.
Huh, how does this turn into marital problems? I was just vented. To me it looks more like the ones that are siding with the wife have them wearing the pants in the family. Looks like you guys got trained well, lol. Keep up the good work.
Fortunately, no one wears pants in my household. We have split expenses from day one and every decision is discussed. You guys have the wrong picture if you think its about her wearing the pants. If that was the case, she would have bought her own car long time ago.
Regards.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by inuwashi' post='829200' date='Mar 28 2009, 04:28 PM
Best thing to do is have the wife buy the car and be responsible for its upkeep. Thats how we do it. She finds the car she likes. I do the research and make the deal. She pays. Then I ignore the car and she is responsible for taking care of the car. She doesn't drive mine. If she needs help, she asks and I take care of whatever is needed. Bottom line, its HER car. How she chooses to care for or lack there of doesn't matter to me since its HER car. Good luck Raj.
Agree 100% and that is exactly why I plan on her having buy her own car. Its just not worth ti for me to get worked up over anymore. Its been going on too long and I want to eliminate the situation from happenign again. Let her buy her own car and keep it the way she wants to.
She will be much appier that way as well.
Raj
Old 03-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='829107' date='Mar 28 2009, 01:41 PM
you sound exactly like my brother in law speaking about my sister.. they love each other dearly, but my bro in law believes my sister has always been spoiled.. which is kinda true.. even though alot is "theirs" alot is still his .. and hers...

which have been brought into many battles which only end up causing more problems..

my advice to you being a girl herself would if she can afford it.. let her buy her own..although to be honest i still dont understand the whole sep bank account thing or seperate money thing.. but to each marriage its own.. my dad does that with his 3RD!!! WIFE AND THATS NOT GOING TO LAST! TRUST ME...

let her get her own, keep it messy or whatever.. why are you bothering to let it annoy you this much? its not worth it.. all i know is when i got married.. my money and his money became OUR money.. period.. we both respected it equally..
it seems to me like she also knew you were going to flip out because of the story she gave you and she told you while she was in bed with the kids.. good way to aviod situations(done it myself)

you seem to have a slight resentment toward your wife.. and that my friend will not lead to anything good down the road.. just my opinion..lifes too short.. get rid of your extra cars! and be happy with your own..! and same with her..
Well, I have no choice but to get rid of atleast two cars. Can only maintain so many of them. She will buy hers and maintain it thru the dealer. I absolutely lover her and would never leave her. This is just a sore subject, thats all. I have two wonderful kids and she is amazing with them. To avoid this from happening again, I have decided that she will just have to get her own car. She makes plenty, so that shouldn't be a problem. BTW, dual bank accnts have worked well for over 10 yrs now .
Raj
Old 03-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Contributors

Update:
Went to the body shop and they were able to push the bumper back in. I will post some pictures for everyone's viewing pleasure. There is slight damage to the underbody section of the bumper and a small plastic panel is broken. I need to decide if I get the whole bumper painted or just around the bottom crease. I will take the car in to the shop in a few weeks. This car is so different than my 3. Much smoother but I miss the feedback.
Raj
Old 03-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 550, Sport/Navi/etceteraetcetera

Originally Posted by 968turboS' post='829280' date='Mar 28 2009, 06:58 PM
Huh, how does this turn into marital problems? I was just vented. To me it looks more like the ones that are siding with the wife have them wearing the pants in the family. Looks like you guys got trained well, lol. Keep up the good work.
Fortunately, no one wears pants in my household. We have split expenses from day one and every decision is discussed. You guys have the wrong picture if you think its about her wearing the pants. If that was the case, she would have bought her own car long time ago.
Regards.
Test that theory out then -- have her read your original post and see how she feels about it. I'd be pissed as hell if my wife posted something like that online. And to go in, in front of your kids, and essentially call her ignorant is something that strikes me as odd. Honestly though, I could give a shit. Carry on.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW525i 20 inch wheels, tinted tails windows, and headlights, acs style spoiler, painted calipers, HID fogs, angelibrights, 1999 Chevy S-10-lambo doors, retractable license plate, rims, lowered, custom thru body kit exhaust w/twin slash tips, ect..., 2007 gsxr750 fully modded.

Let me drive it, i will keep it CLEAN lol
Old 03-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 55 525D Sport Full Black Leather Visibility Pack Media Pack

i have separate bank acc to my gf, if i dint id be a very poor man with alot of girly crap LOL
Old 03-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rick circeo' post='829293' date='Mar 28 2009, 07:18 PM
Test that theory out then -- have her read your original post and see how she feels about it. I'd be pissed as hell if my wife posted something like that online. And to go in, in front of your kids, and essentially call her ignorant is something that strikes me as odd. Honestly though, I could give a shit. Carry on.
I guess you view this a little differently than me or some others. We get on these forums to share our passion and my post was sharing my frustration with people that share the same passion. If that strikes odd to you, I don't know to tell you.

Raj

Quick Reply: Frustrated with Wifey's driving style or lack of!!