E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Frustrated with Wifey's driving style or lack of!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 968turboS' post='828801' date='Mar 27 2009, 08:37 PM
The problem is, she doesn't want to hear it and has the $$ to go buy her own car. I think that would be the best for both parties. My issue is more to do with the kids picking these habbits up as well. I have two little daughters and I am afraid Mommy will influence them as well.
As far as cars, when the 545i was stolen, I picked up an 01 Audi A4 since I needed it just for train ststaion purposes. I gave her my E46 325i to use as a daily driver. We decided to lay low since things were looking bad in financial institutions and I worked for Lehman Brothers. I would constantly hear her say how she missed the 5. I also own two Porsche 968's. One is a turbo and the other is a cabriolet. All cars have always been registered under my name since she doesn't have a clue when it comes to cars what needs to be done.
She is actually happy that she will be able to get her own car and not have to hear about it. I feel bad knowing she will pay atleast $5k more than what I would pay for the same car but at this point I am just fed up. I can't deal with this crap. So, I get the 5 back as well and this is how I own 5 cars . I gotta get rid of the 3 and the A4 asap.
What was funny was that she rented a car this morning to get to work and guess what she got, a Nissan Versa, lol. Now all of a sudden a compact was fine when a E46 was not good enough for the longest time. Can't wait to see what she gets as a daily driver . She absolutely loves bimmers, especially E60's.
Raj

Let me just say, when I read your original post and saw she was tucking your kids to beds after a long day at work in this economy. I have more respect for her than you. Be a Man in the family and do whatever it takes to make it work. whether it's washing and cleaning the car each week. help her buy the car with her money and save 5k instead of bitching about her not getting a good deal. sounds like she wears the pants in the family and your love your cars more than your wife and kids. At the end of the day, it just a piece of sheet of metals. people have feelings. car can be fixed; relationship can't. After reading your posts makes me think how lucky I am and how much I love my wife and 3 years old. I don't get upset when he spills milk in our cars. I just clean it up and teach him clean up and he gladly do it with me.
My motto is Her money is mine money, mine money is mine money!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 03-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 968turboS' post='828105' date='Mar 27 2009, 08:56 AM
Just feel the need to vent.
I presented my wife an 06 530i a few months back. This was a replacement for her 04 545i that was stolen in NYC. I went thru 3+ months of search before I found a perfect example. It had to be shipped from Idaho, go thru payoff and get financed. All in all, took me over 1 month to get this car in my possession from when I 1st struck the deal. Then came Ipod kit, all season mats, trunk liner yada yada. All in all, a lot of time spent just to please her.
She calls me on my way home yesterday and tells me not to get mad but a piece of the front bumper is missing. I am already upset but don't say anything. As per her, "not sure what happened, it was fine in the morning on the way into work and was fine when I took it out for lunch but I saw this when I got in the car to get home". Now, nothing upsets me more than ignorance. She could have come out clean and just apologized but she had to play dumb.
I get home and right away walk up to the car. The driver's side bumper cover is pulled off the body but the rest is still on. The 3 tabs in the wheel well have snapped off. I try to push it back in but nothing moves (looks like I need to remove it to see what's going on). I walk up to the bedroom and she has our 2 kids in the bed as she is trying to put them to sleep. I walk up and tell her exactly what happened. In my words, "looks like a clueless individual decided to pull over the parking lot stops and got their bumper caught up in there. Then, when they pulled out, they tore the bumper off the car."
"Well, how would one get their car out if it gets stuck on those things" is her response. Right there, I knew she was lying earlier about not knowing how it happened. I called her out on it and she tells me, "well, now that you explained it, it makes sense. "
Right!!!
All in all, I told her I want the car back and I am sick and tired of taking care of her cars when she could give two $h1t$ about it and to get her own car. I have had it. This has become such a stress in our lives. I have to constantly tell her to keep it clean since she lets the kids do whatever they want in there.
So, now I have 5 cars and she has none. I need to sell 2 cars immidiately (3 series and audi a4). All in all, I picked up some stress of needing to sell two cars in a soft economy but I think that is the best solution in the long run.
Sorry for ranting.
Regards.
Raj
I sympathize with the guys who have had bad experiences with wives. I am joining the crowd. We have been married for over 30 years, and my wife either forgets to or intentionally refuses to put celery in my tuna fish salad.

I have finally decided that this is going to end the marriage once and for all.

Over 30 years, man!! This is ridiculous. It is either celery in the tuna or out-the-door for one of us.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='828884' date='Mar 27 2009, 09:41 PM
I sympathize with the guys who have had bad experiences with wives. I am joining the crowd. We have been married for over 30 years, and my wife either forgets to or intentionally refuses to put celery in my tuna fish salad.

I have finally decided that this is going to end the marriage once and for all.

Over 30 years, man!! This is ridiculous. It is either celery in the tuna or out-the-door for one of us.

+1! I have the same damn problem... Everytime I tell my chick "ORDER ME A PIZZA IM HUNGRY!" I specifically say DO NOT FORGET THE PARMESAN CHEESE, AND PEPPERS! EVERY GOD DAMN TIME I SWEAR! Last night I made her get a ride home to her parents house from the pizza delivery guy! I swear it's over this time!
Old 03-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535XIT Space Gray, Cream Beige LeatherCold Weather, Premium, Auto, Rear Side Window Shapes, Heated Rear Seats, Park Distance, Navigation, Satellite Radio
Model Year: 08

My wife ignores the paring senors and the rear bumper shows it.

I just grin and bear it the damage charge at the end of the lease is much cheaper than a divorce, wish I could lease a wife.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pointerman' post='828810' date='Mar 27 2009, 08:42 PM
There's a whole lot of "mine" going on. Isn't this your wife? When I got married everything became "ours". You should see her primary driver. It's disgustingl, but we have small kids and she likes the giant purse. What ever... life is too short and I love her too much to care.
Agreed. I call my wife's car "the landfill" as a joke, but it's not something we get worked up over, because we've got 2 little ones riding in there and she's a wonderful mother.

I'm pretty sure bitching about your wife on a bulletin board isn't going to fix your marital problems.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 07 550 i, mystic blue, black leather, cold weather package, nav, sport, shades, bags, rear heat, V1 hardwired. 05 F350 TD Crew Cab 04 Range Rover HSE 91 964 C4 Cabrio 07 997 Turbo Cabrio

I am lucky, and perhaps early on took a lesson from history. It is possible to win every battle but loose the war. My wife two years ago t-boned a suv in an intersection with her/mine Rover. Totaled the other suv, and did 28k to the rover. I got her a rental car while the rover was fixed, she totaled that. I then gave her the F350 TD to drive, and she caught the corner of a trash can at the starbucks drive through and ran a nice groove down the side of the truck from the rivers door all the way to the back. All of this happened in three weeks. Body shop guy told me that I would be better off hiring him on a flat rate and paying a monthly service fee. She has backed my 550i into the garage door, and took out the rover's entire suspension and passenger's side wheels this winter coming around an icy corner to fast and hitting the curb. Thank God she hates to drive the Porsches. The only thing I would feel really safe for her to drive is my Bobcat. But she is the mother of our three children, she is smart and beautiful, and I lover her, so what do you do.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by V70Cat' post='828987' date='Mar 28 2009, 05:42 AM
My wife ignores the paring senors and the rear bumper shows it.

I just grin and bear it the damage charge at the end of the lease is much cheaper than a divorce, wish I could lease a wife.
As the old saying goes....."It's cheaper to keep 'er"!!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

you sound exactly like my brother in law speaking about my sister.. they love each other dearly, but my bro in law believes my sister has always been spoiled.. which is kinda true.. even though alot is "theirs" alot is still his .. and hers...

which have been brought into many battles which only end up causing more problems..

my advice to you being a girl herself would if she can afford it.. let her buy her own..although to be honest i still dont understand the whole sep bank account thing or seperate money thing.. but to each marriage its own.. my dad does that with his 3RD!!! WIFE AND THATS NOT GOING TO LAST! TRUST ME...

let her get her own, keep it messy or whatever.. why are you bothering to let it annoy you this much? its not worth it.. all i know is when i got married.. my money and his money became OUR money.. period.. we both respected it equally..
it seems to me like she also knew you were going to flip out because of the story she gave you and she told you while she was in bed with the kids.. good way to aviod situations(done it myself)

you seem to have a slight resentment toward your wife.. and that my friend will not lead to anything good down the road.. just my opinion..lifes too short.. get rid of your extra cars! and be happy with your own..! and same with her..
Old 03-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I cringe everytime my wife drives away in her 650, shes already ripped the lower fascia off the front bumper twice, but no door or bumper dings yet. If I don't vacuum it weekly it would be filthy inside..................oh well things could be worse , and NO she is not allowed to drive my car
Old 03-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i: Titanium Silver Metallic/Gray Dakota/Sport/Premium/Sport Auto/Paddles/iPod/Satellite Radio/Park Distance/Bamboo Anthracite

Best thing to do is have the wife buy the car and be responsible for its upkeep. Thats how we do it. She finds the car she likes. I do the research and make the deal. She pays. Then I ignore the car and she is responsible for taking care of the car. She doesn't drive mine. If she needs help, she asks and I take care of whatever is needed. Bottom line, its HER car. How she chooses to care for or lack there of doesn't matter to me since its HER car. Good luck Raj.

Quick Reply: Frustrated with Wifey's driving style or lack of!!