E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Frustrated with Wifey's driving style or lack of!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 05:56 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just feel the need to vent.
I presented my wife an 06 530i a few months back. This was a replacement for her 04 545i that was stolen in NYC. I went thru 3+ months of search before I found a perfect example. It had to be shipped from Idaho, go thru payoff and get financed. All in all, took me over 1 month to get this car in my possession from when I 1st struck the deal. Then came Ipod kit, all season mats, trunk liner yada yada. All in all, a lot of time spent just to please her.
She calls me on my way home yesterday and tells me not to get mad but a piece of the front bumper is missing. I am already upset but don't say anything. As per her, "not sure what happened, it was fine in the morning on the way into work and was fine when I took it out for lunch but I saw this when I got in the car to get home". Now, nothing upsets me more than ignorance. She could have come out clean and just apologized but she had to play dumb.
I get home and right away walk up to the car. The driver's side bumper cover is pulled off the body but the rest is still on. The 3 tabs in the wheel well have snapped off. I try to push it back in but nothing moves (looks like I need to remove it to see what's going on). I walk up to the bedroom and she has our 2 kids in the bed as she is trying to put them to sleep. I walk up and tell her exactly what happened. In my words, "looks like a clueless individual decided to pull over the parking lot stops and got their bumper caught up in there. Then, when they pulled out, they tore the bumper off the car."
"Well, how would one get their car out if it gets stuck on those things" is her response. Right there, I knew she was lying earlier about not knowing how it happened. I called her out on it and she tells me, "well, now that you explained it, it makes sense. "
Right!!!
All in all, I told her I want the car back and I am sick and tired of taking care of her cars when she could give two $h1t$ about it and to get her own car. I have had it. This has become such a stress in our lives. I have to constantly tell her to keep it clean since she lets the kids do whatever they want in there.
So, now I have 5 cars and she has none. I need to sell 2 cars immidiately (3 series and audi a4). All in all, I picked up some stress of needing to sell two cars in a soft economy but I think that is the best solution in the long run.
Sorry for ranting.
Regards.
Raj
Old 03-27-2009, 06:09 AM
Contributors

Ahhh ... true love

At least she didn't tell you that she was too busy shopping to feed the kids, besides spending your hard earned money she's been having unprotected sex with the UPS guy and the kid who has been cutting your lawn, and is tired of dealing with these car problems so is leaving you to pursue a career as stripper.

Put it all in perspective ... it's a car
Old 03-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why dont you buy her a cheaper car until she proves she cant take care of it?
Old 03-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Sorry to hear about the car man, I find this post really funny (I know its not funny to you) but I'm pretty sure you are not the only one in this situation. Lots of people out there (not just women) just don't have the kind of passion for vehicles (bmws) that we do, and also many bad/careless drivers out there. Hope you guys can work something out.

cheers
Old 03-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='828113' date='Mar 27 2009, 09:09 AM
Ahhh ... true love

At least she didn't tell you that she was too busy shopping to feed the kids, besides spending your hard earned money she's been having unprotected sex with the UPS guy and the kid who has been cutting your lawn, and is tired of dealing with these car problems so is leaving you to pursue a career as stripper.

+1, Things could be worse man! Get that beauty into the body shop, pay your 5 hundo, and she'll be brand spankin new! My wife tore off my side view mirror on my SUV <3> different times....clear off! I'm not perfect, and neither is anyone else....accidents happen. Good luck..
Old 03-27-2009, 06:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530D SE; Mystic Blue; Beige Leather; Luxury Pack; Media Pack; Visibility Pack; 123's; Logic 7; + to many more to type........... 2008 730D; Black Sapphire; Cream Beige Leather; plenty of options!

I empathize with your position; when the bill reached over $1M in ?additional marriage costs? with my ?ex? I gave in an upgraded the wife
Old 03-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ynottony' post='828115' date='Mar 27 2009, 10:12 AM
Why dont you buy her a cheaper car until she proves she cant take care of it?
You kidding me. She complained the entire time she had to drive an E46 to work (6 months). How it wasn't as big or smooth as her 545i. Problem is, she is Upper Management in her company and does not like to be told she is wrong. So, she is car shopping today, lol.
I think this is the best long term solution. I told her, if it was her car that she bought herself, I would be laughing if I saw the same damage. She is 36 yrs old and has never purchased a car in her life. She has never registered a car and has only been thru state inspection once. She has been protected/spoilt by me for yrs and I just am sick and tired of baby-sitting her. Time for her to grow up and see things don't just happen on their own.
Yeah, I am fortunate that she still loves me and we have two wonderful kids. I just feel like her getting a car would make it one less thing for us to fight over. I am thinking long term here. She doesn't like being told what to do (treated like a child) and as long as I take care of them, I will say something if I think, things are not being treated right.
Raj
Old 03-27-2009, 06:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='828113' date='Mar 27 2009, 10:09 AM
Ahhh ... true love

Sorry to hear that happen to you... j/p.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550I M Sport, Premium pkg, Logic 7, Sport Automatic Trans, Paddle Shifters, Nav, Comfort Access, Rear Shades, Satellite, PDC

A Camry would be a good fit. I have argued with my wife about the same thing. If she does not care about her BMW, she belongs in a Jap junker.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

post pics of the cars your selling please! No comment on the wife issue, she still your wife so respect her unless you planning on leaving her and then i can say "Fu___ng Women!

Quick Reply: Frustrated with Wifey's driving style or lack of!!