E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Frustrated with Wifey's driving style or lack of!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 (07/03) 530i, Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Leather, Premium Package, Sports Package, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenons, euro red reflectors, K/N air filter, Falken 452's

Originally Posted by -Mike-' post='828124' date='Mar 27 2009, 09:28 AM
+1, Things could be worse man! Get that beauty into the body shop, pay your 5 hundo, and she'll be brand spankin new! My wife tore off my side view mirror on my SUV <3> different times....clear off! I'm not perfect, and neither is anyone else....accidents happen. Good luck..
Yea. Mine backed over a lawnmower once, she kept going so the handle creased all 4 panels, then actually said it was my fault for leaving the mower in the driveway.

That was in my Expedition. I won't go into her adventures in the e60 right now.... it's too painfull
Old 03-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

I'm in agreement with the majority. If she's the main driver on that E60, then she's the "owner" of the car and your sanity would be best served by not letting things like that bother you. In most families, there's the daddy's car, well maintained, shiny, clean, and then there's the mommy's car, usually dirty from all the kids' crap, bumps, bruises.etc. It doesn't matter if it is a mini van, an E60 or a Bentley. It is what it is. Your wife is more important than the E60 and with her being a lawyer I'm sure that she's contributed plenty toward its purchase, so just ask her to keep driving the E60 and stop looking for another car.

A happy wife is an animal in bed. Works for me and her (my previous drive) once pristine E46. Good luck.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by 968turboS' post='828292' date='Mar 27 2009, 01:17 PM
Thank you so much. I needed this sort of endorsement from a female. That has been my feeling all along. Even though she say's she appreciates it, Mommy and now Hubby has always taken care of everything so its just taken care of.
I questioned her the other day, why is it that people all around her are trying so hard to do things to please her or make it easy for her? Her response was a classic, "I guess I have been blessed with people around me that care and love me a lot".
That was hilarious!!!
Raj
Ahhh, the joys of marriage.........(married 12 years and counting). Now if I could only get my wife to buy me the M5..........

Our car battles are easy in my home. They don't exist. We live and work in Manhattan and my wife is afraid to drive.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM
ADD
Senior Members

Originally Posted by einstein57' post='828442' date='Mar 27 2009, 04:02 PM
My fiance used to think i was crazy when it came to cars until i stopped caring about her car. I finally stopped telling her to get an oil change, clean the leather before it stains, wash the wheels every week, be careful when parking, etc. Six months later her car was a complete pile of crap and she no longer wanted it. She no longer questions me when i tell her to do something cause she now realizes i'm right. Now she just hands me money to do it and enjoys the fact her car looks and works as it should.

+1...

My wife's Envoy is trashed. She leaves clothes, food, magazines, spilled coffee, shoes, receipts, gum wrappers, water bottles, hair thingies, mud, dirt, and everything else you can find on every seat in the vehicle. (And I'm the one that is self-employed and on the road a lot?!?) She even backed out of the garage on Monday and backed directly into the dumpster that is in the turn around!

Point is, I have given up on that car. It's hers, and if she needs to cart someone around, she spends her time to clean stuff up. I have no respect for that car either. I put a piece of gum in, and I just throw the wrapper in the back seat.

My 535, you could take in for a trade-in assessment any day of the week. That clean.

She understands this, and respects it.

She rarely drives it, except for a quick thrill.

It all works. Get her her own vehicle and forget about it. Life's too short.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 Titanium Silver 550i, with all the bells and whistles!!

small kids...buy a minivan. 5 cars? what are the other 2? Teenage kids? buy a civic and remove one of the spark plug wires

there is a nice dent in the door of our family minivan from a concrete column in a parkade. One day I will buff out the yellow paint from the colum and pop out the dent, but why rush, it does not seem to bother my wife

just glad she wasn't driving my car that day.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 968turboS' post='828105' date='Mar 27 2009, 09:56 AM
Just feel the need to vent.
I presented my wife an 06 530i a few months back. This was a replacement for her 04 545i that was stolen in NYC. I went thru 3+ months of search before I found a perfect example. It had to be shipped from Idaho, go thru payoff and get financed. All in all, took me over 1 month to get this car in my possession from when I 1st struck the deal. Then came Ipod kit, all season mats, trunk liner yada yada. All in all, a lot of time spent just to please her.
She calls me on my way home yesterday and tells me not to get mad but a piece of the front bumper is missing. I am already upset but don't say anything. As per her, "not sure what happened, it was fine in the morning on the way into work and was fine when I took it out for lunch but I saw this when I got in the car to get home". Now, nothing upsets me more than ignorance. She could have come out clean and just apologized but she had to play dumb.
I get home and right away walk up to the car. The driver's side bumper cover is pulled off the body but the rest is still on. The 3 tabs in the wheel well have snapped off. I try to push it back in but nothing moves (looks like I need to remove it to see what's going on). I walk up to the bedroom and she has our 2 kids in the bed as she is trying to put them to sleep. I walk up and tell her exactly what happened. In my words, "looks like a clueless individual decided to pull over the parking lot stops and got their bumper caught up in there. Then, when they pulled out, they tore the bumper off the car."
"Well, how would one get their car out if it gets stuck on those things" is her response. Right there, I knew she was lying earlier about not knowing how it happened. I called her out on it and she tells me, "well, now that you explained it, it makes sense. "
Right!!!
All in all, I told her I want the car back and I am sick and tired of taking care of her cars when she could give two $h1t$ about it and to get her own car. I have had it. This has become such a stress in our lives. I have to constantly tell her to keep it clean since she lets the kids do whatever they want in there.
So, now I have 5 cars and she has none. I need to sell 2 cars immidiately (3 series and audi a4). All in all, I picked up some stress of needing to sell two cars in a soft economy but I think that is the best solution in the long run.
Sorry for ranting.
Regards.
Raj
My wife picks her own cars, I do the deal and buy every warranty and maintenance plan. ANYTHING goes wrong she brings the car in herself and reads a book while she waits. I don't even wash the thing, it gets washed by the dealer when it gets serviced. The relationship works much better this way...

My buddy buys his wife a car every 4 years and never gets in it again after they bring it home, they are trashed in 2 months and worthless after 4 years...

And people say hookers are expensive
Old 03-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Members

My Ride: Stock for now

Just get her a KIA. When she tears it up you can throw it away and get her another one.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i alpine white w/steptronic

i know how you feel man, i recently purchased a chevy duramax for a everday driver and my 545i stays in my garage but when my girlfriend comes and takes it thats a whole different story. I like to keep all my cars clean, washes and cleaning the inside every week, my car is over 4 years old and did not have one scratch or dent on it. Last week my girl went shopping in downtown with some of her friends and parked the car on the street, drives it back home and parks it in the garage. later that night i walk into the garage to get a cd from the car and see that someone paintballed it with white paint. Caused over $500 in damages, hood had to be repainted due to chips. I still havent said anything to her about it, i think its pointless to get angry over a car. Its just a car it can always be replaced or fixed.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Contributors

The problem is, she doesn't want to hear it and has the $$ to go buy her own car. I think that would be the best for both parties. My issue is more to do with the kids picking these habbits up as well. I have two little daughters and I am afraid Mommy will influence them as well.
As far as cars, when the 545i was stolen, I picked up an 01 Audi A4 since I needed it just for train ststaion purposes. I gave her my E46 325i to use as a daily driver. We decided to lay low since things were looking bad in financial institutions and I worked for Lehman Brothers. I would constantly hear her say how she missed the 5. I also own two Porsche 968's. One is a turbo and the other is a cabriolet. All cars have always been registered under my name since she doesn't have a clue when it comes to cars what needs to be done.
She is actually happy that she will be able to get her own car and not have to hear about it. I feel bad knowing she will pay atleast $5k more than what I would pay for the same car but at this point I am just fed up. I can't deal with this crap. So, I get the 5 back as well and this is how I own 5 cars . I gotta get rid of the 3 and the A4 asap.
What was funny was that she rented a car this morning to get to work and guess what she got, a Nissan Versa, lol. Now all of a sudden a compact was fine when a E46 was not good enough for the longest time. Can't wait to see what she gets as a daily driver . She absolutely loves bimmers, especially E60's.
Raj
Old 03-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 968turboS' post='828801' date='Mar 27 2009, 10:37 PM
The problem is, she doesn't want to hear it and has the $$ to go buy her own car. I think that would be the best for both parties. My issue is more to do with the kids picking these habbits up as well. I have two little daughters and I am afraid Mommy will influence them as well.
As far as cars, when the 545i was stolen, I picked up an 01 Audi A4 since I needed it just for train ststaion purposes. I gave her my E46 325i to use as a daily driver. We decided to lay low since things were looking bad in financial institutions and I worked for Lehman Brothers. I would constantly hear her say how she missed the 5. I also own two Porsche 968's. One is a turbo and the other is a cabriolet. All cars have always been registered under my name since she doesn't have a clue when it comes to cars what needs to be done.
She is actually happy that she will be able to get her own car and not have to hear about it. I feel bad knowing she will pay atleast $5k more than what I would pay for the same car but at this point I am just fed up. I can't deal with this crap. So, I get the 5 back as well and this is how I own 5 cars . I gotta get rid of the 3 and the A4 asap.
What was funny was that she rented a car this morning to get to work and guess what she got, a Nissan Versa, lol. Now all of a sudden a compact was fine when a E46 was not good enough for the longest time. Can't wait to see what she gets as a daily driver . She absolutely loves bimmers, especially E60's.
Raj
There's a whole lot of "mine" going on. Isn't this your wife? When I got married everything became "ours". You should see her primary driver. It's disgustingl, but we have small kids and she likes the giant purse. What ever... life is too short and I love her too much to care.

Quick Reply: Frustrated with Wifey's driving style or lack of!!