E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Front License Plate Pullover

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

although for cosmetic reasons i hate it.. BUT as .:reza:. said he has some good points..
Old 07-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by melimel' post='935497' date='Jul 7 2009, 05:27 PM
Calton did you blow them kisses again? lol
He was wearing that low cut shirt again. It must be a hot day!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Members

My Ride: Black 2008 535xi E61

I had my front license plate stolen on a Saturaday night off my M3 about 8 years ago.(someone else liked my JUAN2 3 too plate I guess) Got pulled over TWICE the next day for no front plate!! PIA! needless to say I went to DMV the next morning to get a temporary tag and removed other plate.

In Seattle the parking enforcement meter trolls will not only give you a parking ticket but will and can also fine you for no front plate!

One more license plate story. I went to get on an army base to see a customer a few weeks ago. Went through the checkpoint and guard said my plate didn't match registration. I looked and DMV typed it in as JUANE 3. Went to DMV to check and they said they had no record of JUAN2 3 plate in system. I have had plate for over 10 years on several cars. They told me if I didn't get it fixed if I was pulled over and police ran my plate they would have no record of my vehicle since JUAN2 3 is not in the "system". DING!!! the light went off. I have a few unpaid parking tickets, gone through "fast pass" at toll booths, and have blown through 3 photo radar traps and have never received a ticket! Got my "new" registration in mail last week, JUANS 3. Bless the dyslexics at the DMV!!
Old 07-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2005

That sux! I hate that front plate BS also.
six months ago my front plate must have been knocked off in Hoboken, along with my license plate mounted EZPass, license plate bracket and carbon fiber frame.
So I called DMV to find out if I can get another plate, they told me I have to get new plates and instructs me to get a rectangular piece of cardboard and with a magic marker write my plate number on it and put it on my dashboard. So I printed one out on 8.5x11 and kept it between my seat and the center console. I get pulled over 2 days later and was given the same crap....in the RAIN! not drizzle, RAIN! He even walks to the front to inspect if there were in fact screw holes for the mount. I said to myself what a bafoon! Anyway I had to buy another front bracket and get new tags and new EZPass etc. What a waste of time.

Originally Posted by pininfarina' post='935260' date='Jul 7 2009, 01:34 PM
Was driving out of Manhattan on Thursday night through the MidTown Tunnel. Cop stops me at the checkpoint and asks where my front license plate is. I tell him it's in the trunk and I can show him. Asks me why it's not on the front bumper (which, he adds, is required by new york state law lest I want a "$100 summons"). I fib and tell him that I just had a new M-Sport front bumper put on and was waiting for the paint to "cure." (ha).

Grunts and grumbles and tells me he can issue me a 100 buck summons and force me to have the car towed because I can't drive it without a front plate. I mean seriously. Takes a look inside the car, satisfies himself that I have no fertilizer and diesel fuel drums and barks with authority that I better put it on when I get to where I'm going.

So I do. I friggin HATE U.S. front license plates. How many times can one get away with such a yarn? Any experience (or better stories) out there?
Old 07-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by outraygeous' post='935597' date='Jul 7 2009, 03:59 PM
That sux! I hate that front plate BS also.
six months ago my front plate must have been knocked off in Hoboken, along with my license plate mounted EZPass, license plate bracket and carbon fiber frame.
So I called DMV to find out if I can get another plate, they told me I have to get new plates and instructs me to get a rectangular piece of cardboard and with a magic marker write my plate number on it and put it on my dashboard. So I printed one out on 8.5x11 and kept it between my seat and the center console. I get pulled over 2 days later and was given the same crap....in the RAIN! not drizzle, RAIN! He even walks to the front to inspect if there were in fact screw holes for the mount. I said to myself what a bafoon! Anyway I had to buy another front bracket and get new tags and new EZPass etc. What a waste of time.
See THAT would''ve made me laugh, getting pulled over in the rain is fun (as long as you can avoid getting out). Fun to watch them dripping and hating life while trying to keep a straight face. I say this knowing my brother is a Sheriff's deputy in Colorado, but hell it's funny
Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, 1984 Mercedes Gelandewagen

Off Topic...

Originally Posted by Juan2 3' post='935568' date='Jul 7 2009, 03:41 PM
Bless the dyslexics at the DMV!!
Only in Oregon! WA DMV were always quick - I never had any problems with them. Then again, I was registered _just_ outside of King Co. so I didn't have all the corrupt problems.

Sounds like you're either in Salem or Beaverton. They're the only two places I know of that have red light cameras and use the speed cameras.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2005

LOL! actually I think he gave me a hard time because I only cracked my window 2 inches to speak with him due to the rain.

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='935601' date='Jul 7 2009, 07:03 PM
See THAT would''ve made me laugh, getting pulled over in the rain is fun (as long as you can avoid getting out). Fun to watch them dripping and hating life while trying to keep a straight face. I say this knowing my brother is a Sheriff's deputy in Colorado, but hell it's funny
Old 07-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by outraygeous' post='935610' date='Jul 7 2009, 04:09 PM
LOL! actually I think he gave me a hard time because I only cracked my window 2 inches to speak with him due to the rain.

I would've done the same and just explained that our cars have leather door panels - not good with rain.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gotten pulled over for the same thing at the midtown tunnel in my old M5. I couldn't bear drilling into the bumper as I'm sure people understand....

In my experience the midtown tunnel is staffed with a bunch of jack-booted-thug wannabees that take themselves way too seriously.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i M-Sport, Carbon Black Metallic/Natural Brown

Originally Posted by jm545i' post='935702' date='Jul 7 2009, 08:43 PM
I've gotten pulled over for the same thing at the midtown tunnel in my old M5. I couldn't bear drilling into the bumper as I'm sure people understand....

In my experience the midtown tunnel is staffed with a bunch of jack-booted-thug wannabees that take themselves way too seriously.

TOTALLY!! Talk about a power trip. God, it's like a velvet rope bouncer with an earpiece that thinks they're the most important thing since the polio vaccine.

And yeah, it's not just toyota dealerships. BMW of Manhattan, AFTER I told them about 7 times before buying the car, STILL drilled the friggin front M-tech bumper. Gave some nonsense about liability and I told them so have me sign a goddam waiver or something for god's sake!

Oh, and when I say "drilled" I mean "self tapped with a friggin screw big enough to frame a house."

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Pullover