E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Front cupholders...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='694738' date='Oct 16 2008, 10:13 AM
because it has a toilet
obviously unlike your house.

and i use the cup holders in my car because thats what they are there for, but i expect by your post you think they are for your lego.
Don't you worry, my house have plenty of toilets. What your car does not have is a dining table, and no matter what you say, eating in your car, driving or not, is not what it was meant to.
And I said nothing about cup holders btw, genius.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='694662' date='Oct 16 2008, 09:29 AM
Not true, you do have a choice. I'm sure places where you BUY your fast food, have couple of tables where you can actually EAT your food. Eating, drinking, etc in your car is just turns people into pigs. There is no excuse for it. Sorry, but I feel strongly about it and excuses such as "I have no time" is just ridiculous. Slow down, enjoy your food, then drive.

How in the hell can you make that call for everyone?! Some people have very demanding schedules and althought it would be nice to sit down and enjoy a relaxing lunch that certainly is not always possible. I keep a tight schedule and I have to eat in my car at times, so does that make me a "pig" as I try to get to my other office on time to see my patients?

Not sure what you definition of "pig" is, but I would be willing to bet that I am in much MUCH better shape that you. So.... what exactly does that make you?!

My point.... you simply cannot make blanket statements like that.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

I did not tick the cupholders option when I ordered my car, it was a principle matter (ridiculous to pay 120 euro or so for an option I'd use once a year).

I know someone who had some spare E60 parts lying around, including front cupholders. I could have them for free, so just out of curiosity I looked at how much effort it would be to retrofit them. It wasn't worth it for me. It really takes a couple of hours and some additional parts.

By the way the few times my passengers used the rear cupholders in the armrest, they were working fine.

Personally I don't drink or eat in my car except for maybe 2 times a year. I get the impression that it's different in the US, and that having 8+ cupholders is a selling point in the US...?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='694875' date='Oct 16 2008, 12:24 PM
How in the hell can you make that call for everyone?! Some people have very demanding schedules and althought it would be nice to sit down and enjoy a relaxing lunch that certainly is not always possible. I keep a tight schedule and I have to eat in my car at times, so does that make me a "pig" as I try to get to my other office on time to see my patients?

Not sure what you definition of "pig" is, but I would be willing to bet that I am in much MUCH better shape that you. So.... what exactly does that make you?!

My point.... you simply cannot make blanket statements like that.
No, you are right, I said you have a "choice". You "choose" to eat in your car, because of whatever. Eating in the car is an American "culture" brainwashed into people's minds since childhood (just look at the amount of Sonic, McDonalds, etc commercials on TV and amount of drive-throughs at the restaurants), and when people from the rest of the world call it ridiculous Americans try to justify it by saying it is dictated by tight working schedules, etc. It is just convenient, and this is what American society is all about. Doesn't make it right though. Same goes for cupholders, most people in the rest of the world could care less about cupholders that you can put your Big Gulp into.
And I don't make a call for anyone, its your life, do whatever you want with it. If you want to eat in your car, feel free.

PS: By the way, my definition of "pig" was not related to the physical shape of a person in any way. Oh, and how MUCH are you willing to bet that you are in a better shape than me?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='694918' date='Oct 16 2008, 02:17 PM
No, you are right, I said you have a "choice". You "choose" to eat in your car, because of whatever. Eating in the car is an American "culture" brainwashed into people's minds since childhood (just look at the amount of Sonic, McDonalds, etc commercials on TV and amount of drive-throughs at the restaurants), and when people from the rest of the world call it ridiculous Americans try to justify it by saying it is dictated by tight working schedules, etc. It is just convenient, and this is what American society is all about. Doesn't make it right though. Same goes for cupholders, most people in the rest of the world could care less about cupholders that you can put your Big Gulp into.
And I don't make a call for anyone, its your life, do whatever you want with it. If you want to eat in your car, feel free.

PS: By the way, my definition of "pig" was not related to the physical shape of a person in any way. Oh, and how MUCH are you willing to bet that you are in a better shape than me?

I would push all in ... without hesitation. Please call me on it !!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='694920' date='Oct 16 2008, 08:21 PM
I would push all in ... without hesitation. Please call me on it !!!!!!!!!
Mmmm.... if people on E60.net were challenging who had the best/fastest/nicest car, I could understand it. But a contest about physical shape on a car forum? Strange...
Old 10-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='694918' date='Oct 16 2008, 02:17 PM

Wow, this thread is getting deep. Can we all, at least, agree that the E60 cupholders suck. No one asked about opinions of people that eat in their cars, or how tight their schedules are. Everyone has the right to do what they want. And enjoy doing it in their beautiful E60. Who gives a fuck what everyone else does in their car. I am happy with what I fuckin do in my car. If I wanna shit in my car, so be it. If I need to eat in my car, so be it.

Can't we all (E60 owners) just get along?!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fafafoooey' post='694923' date='Oct 16 2008, 01:29 PM
Wow, this thread is getting deep. Can we all, at least, agree that the E60 cupholders suck. No one asked about opinions of people that eat in their cars, or how tight their schedules are. Everyone has the right to do what they want. And enjoy doing it in their beautiful E60. Who gives a fuck what everyone else does in their car. I am happy with what I fuckin do in my car. If I wanna shit in my car, so be it. If I need to eat in my car, so be it.

Can't we all (E60 owners) just get along?!
Yeah, what else? World Peace? No one asks for opinions, they are expressed. That is why they are called opinions.
Oh, and next time you want your posts to be considered seriously, try to post in a more civilized manner.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Angelic0-' post='691122' date='Oct 12 2008, 03:02 PM
E39 Cupholders are CRAP, E34 has no cupholders.... how come BMW can't make good cupholders.... i hate having none...
e39 has the worst cup holders ever created... number of times i must of broke them is ridiculous
Old 10-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Piss><Piss

Quick Reply: Front cupholders...