E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Found a new Option in I-drive for USA

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 11:59 AM
JDN
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercy' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:45 PM
JDN,

The update for me took like 5 minutes and that bars moved slowly until it was full.
I tried it again while driving about a while ago. No better restults. I am going to go and set it up again and just leave it trying in the garage for a long time. So far, I can only get four blocks, just like jksanford reported.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Contributors

JDN,

How do you like that tint? I'm thinking about getting it. How much was it if you don't mind me asking.

Sorry to be off topic,

james
Old 07-30-2004, 03:13 PM
JDN
Contributors

My first answer got caught up and lost in the transfer a couple of hours ago, James.

The essence of my reply was that I like it. It is definitely cooler than the metallic that I have always used. It is also lighter in color so visibility is better with the accompanying safety. I had it out today on a full sun lit parking lot with the outside temp at 91 F. I have a black interior and since the car was sitting out for about 45 minutes, I also had the windshield shade in place. Within a couple of minutes after I returned and was underway, I was able to reduce the blower speed and felt comfortable.

The cost was 399 USD. I think metallic would have been 215 USD at this particular shop.
Old 07-30-2004, 03:28 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Jul 30 2004, 01:49 PM
I've updated in the past, but this time it gets to about 4 bars, and then times out with a message that the 'servise could not be activated' (that's the spelling, also).

I'm going to go crazy trying to update until I get this.

james
James/Mercy, I still could not get it to update. Neither are there any entries in my Profile. I wouldn't have a clue as to how to call up the Concierge services. So I went the SOS route and "Glenn" or "Glyn" or "Glen" answered and told me very nicely that it was a dealer issue, not a BMW Assist issue. So . . .
Old 08-01-2004, 08:53 AM
auburn5x3

Just tried to update and got some info from an agent at BMW assist. Not sure of this is related or not. I sincerely hope not. He explained that the traffic feature is part of premium services that ATX provides. He said the traffic feature would be $4.95 per use. Yes, you read that right.

I'm thinking that this is different from the integrated traffic feature for the nav system, and I further believe that the difficulty we are having in "updating services" may be a product of software version number. Maybe you have to right version to handle the additional functionality.

So my question for the person in New York who successfully updated services is, what software version of IDrive are you running? I still have the version that came from the factory as my vehicle has not yet been in for service (knock on simulated wood trim).

My .02 I can't imagine anyone in the BMW community (not even those of us who wipe their noses with $10 bills, which I cannot) wanting to pay 5 bucks everytime their wondering what the best route through the city is.
Old 08-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Contributors

I still haven't been able to get the Update Services to connect (since Friday), but it has worked a few times since I got the car. I haven't changed the software since I took delivery April 8th.

I just get to 4 bars (quickly), then it fails to initialize. I'll try it in a different section of town...

James
Old 08-01-2004, 12:47 PM
JDN
Contributors

James, I tried in several parts of Dallas before sending the SOS to BMW Assist. Lof of good that did.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Contributors

Yep, they didn't help me either. Useless is a good word to describe them.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

My car was a European Delivery (4/04 Build).
Took redelivered on 7/2
I know I don't have the latest and greatest software version.

Under Profiles I have some ID# and it's blank under the license plate entry.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:15 AM
Contributors

I just stopped by my dealer, and they didn't know anything about it. Oh well. He did indicate that although BMW assist connects to a voice, the digital part has to work to get the updates. He said that the Atlanta area is having problems with their provider.

Great, just great. Oh well. He said the software version they currently had for the vehicle is 12.2. I think I'll just hold off on the upgrade (I can't believe i just said that )

james

Quick Reply: Found a new Option in I-drive for USA