E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Forum is so helpful

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 04:42 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

Ahhh, another Mystic Blue member. Coming up on two years later, I still love mine!
Old 04-24-2006, 06:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='273285' date='Apr 24 2006, 01:20 PM
Hi Brommy

The status 1100 is the dealer tracking system. Status 1100 means the order has been placed on the system but no planned production date. During this time the specification is amendable. It then will go to the next stage, which is status 1200. This means a production date is planned and it is then very difficult to amend spec. My order has been status 1100 for the last two weeks and this has allowed me to change my spec. twice! Hopefully I'll be notified of status 1200 soon which will give me a firmer idea of possible delivery schedule (and stop me making any more expensive amendments! ). I would ask your dealer for more details.

What spec. is your car? Tell us more about it. I'm sure it'll be great and I hope you enjoy your ride when it arrives.
Thanks for that Allymunro. I rang my dealer several times in the first 2 weeks, pondering over options as far apart as the media pack and the non smoking pack. The general sales manager said he was always pleased to hear from me! I need to get a firm date for when I can collect my car as I've still got to sell my A4 and I'm also on a 2 week holiday in Crete during the expected ETA. I'm considering selling on ebay to finish one week before I go, hiring a Corsa for a couple of days before and after my holiday and collecting my first BMW on the first Saturday when I'm back. Nothing is ever simple is it!

You can check out my spec in the following links -

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=23835&hl=

and in more detail over at BMWland -

http://www.bmwland.co.uk/talker/viewtopic....6781&highlight=
Old 04-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i M Sport Touring (E61): Mystic Blue with Beige Leather and Light Poplar Wood Trim | M Sport Package: Anthracite Headlining, Dechroming, 18" M Spoke Alloy Wheels (135) & RFT's, M Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Seats, M Door Entry Sill Trims, M Sport Suspension Settings, M Aero Bodykit I | Pro NAV | Bluetooth Prep | Xenons | Adapative Headlights | Headlight Washers | HUD | PDC | Automatic Air Con - Advanced | Automatic Tailgate Operation | Heated Front Seats | Sun Protection Glass | Non-Smoker Package |

Originally Posted by brommy' post='273341' date='Apr 24 2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks for that Allymunro. I rang my dealer several times in the first 2 weeks, pondering over options as far apart as the media pack and the non smoking pack. The general sales manager said he was always pleased to hear from me! I need to get a firm date for when I can collect my car as I've still got to sell my A4 and I'm also on a 2 week holiday in Crete during the expected ETA. I'm considering selling on ebay to finish one week before I go, hiring a Corsa for a couple of days before and after my holiday and collecting my first BMW on the first Saturday when I'm back. Nothing is ever simple is it!

You can check out my spec in the following links -

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=23835&hl=

and in more detail over at BMWland -

http://www.bmwland.co.uk/talker/viewtopic....6781&highlight=
Thanks Brommy

Checked your spec. nice car with some useful toys too. I hope you enjoy it when you pick it up after your hols. Probably the first time you'll be in a hurry to get back home from holiday! :

Until your post I was totally unaware of the bmwland web site. I've just regisisterd and looking forward to scouting around the site, thanks.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Allymunro' post='273287' date='Apr 24 2006, 01:27 PM
Hi Colelj

I am considering the service package, but at this point I think it may be just about breakeven for me. My mileage is around 15-18K per year. If I keep the car longer than three years I think it's worth it, but if I trade it in after three years having done about 45K I will only have had two services on this package. In this case it would be six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Any other comments / advise from other UK members about the BMW service packages?
I would of said 15-18k pa makes it worth while! The way the iDrive servicing system works now means you may visit the dealer at quite random intervals! Each item on the list is treated separately so one week you may be in for an oil change and the next a brake-fluid change and the next a particle filter... 'Annual' services are a thing of the past and I suspect BMW benefit?

I must admit they're not such a good deal now, I paid ?750 for 5 years fully-inclusive (everything except tyres). I would ask the dealer for all the relevant quotes (remember prices will escalate every year) and see how it breaks-down... I would hope the dealer knows the detail!?