E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Follow me home ligts

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 05:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Originally Posted by idgam' post='489391' date='Nov 3 2007, 01:54 PM
I think the option that the OP is talking about is the Welcome Light feature.

Make sure it is activated in the I-drive menu and then set your lights switch dial to automatic. When you unlock the car the Angel eye rings will come on as well as the rear and interior lights.
I see! Lights must be turned to automatic. I have them to full on all the time that's why this feature doesn't work. It is obligatory to use lights during the day all-year round in Czech Republic.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:30 AM
Members

Thats wrong. You do not need to have the switch turned to automatic mode. Since I bought mine new this summer, I had the switch turned to right ( if left hand vehicle ), and those follow me home lights function worked fine - then trouble came yesterday.

I also got the check controll warning lights up - and the message was that the car had a battery discharge failure and needed attention ASAP at the nearest BMW dealer, it said. So, I guess that the system automaticly shuts down unnessecary lightning modes when this type of failure happens. It also said that the software needed to be reset at the dealer.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Originally Posted by Masheen' post='489409' date='Nov 3 2007, 03:30 PM
Thats wrong. You do not need to have the switch turned to automatic mode. Since I bought mine new this summer, I had the switch turned to right ( if left hand vehicle ), and those follow me home lights function worked fine - then trouble came yesterday.

I also got the check controll warning lights up - and the message was that the car had a battery discharge failure and needed attention ASAP at the nearest BMW dealer, it said. So, I guess that the system automaticly shuts down unnessecary lightning modes when this type of failure happens. It also said that the software needed to be reset at the dealer.
Alright that makes sense too. I'm going to see the dealer next week Monday/Tuesday so I will ask about that.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Members

Originally Posted by hondik' post='489413' date='Nov 3 2007, 03:55 PM
Alright that makes sense too. I'm going to see the dealer next week Monday/Tuesday so I will ask about that.
I will post here monday after my visit at the dealer. Have a nice weekend !!
Old 11-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Masheen' post='489356' date='Nov 3 2007, 04:22 AM
It doesn't come on when you lock the car. You must go in the Idrive menu to set this function active. I've done so on my 2007 modell, but as I say, yesterday it stopped working. My first thought was that the software may need an update. I am bringing my car in to my dealer monday to fix this. I've set my " follow me home lights" for 120sec.

Try checking and unchecking it for a day and then checking it back on again. sometimes you just need to deactivate it and activate it back
Old 11-05-2007, 12:04 PM
Members

All right folks, been at the dealer today.

I need to replace the ECU. I've been driving very short trips to and from work, and the electrical systems on the dealers computer that where connected to the car, found it to be needed replaced. The systems use an hour to shut down and this causes the battery to go flat or dead. On my car the warning lights have been blinking like a christmas tree. The dealer did re-set the ECU and I got a new appointment to replace it with a new one.

I was also adviced to mount a batteri charger ( defa ) to the car. This charger shall be used once a week because of my low milage driving habbits. The dealer is of course going to to that for me - but not free of charge. The ECU unit is a warrant job, of course. Hope this will help if anyone here on this forum has had the same experience with their E60 as I have..