E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

First service

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 E60 525d M Sport, Mystic Blue Adaptive Xenon's (Visibility Package), Grey Dakota Leather, Professional Navigation System, BMW Professional Radio/6 Disc CD Changer, Bluetooth Telephone Prearation, (Media Package)Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, Auto Dim Interior and Exterior (Electric Folding) Mirrors, Front Seat Heating

Originally Posted by wales34part' post='243680' date='Feb 21 2006, 03:28 PM
As others have said apart from the oil and filter replacements most other things will just be checks. As your car is around 2 years old they may also ask if you want to changed the brake fluid also at a cost i guess of around ?70 making a total bill of around ?250. Obviously a valet, tyre replacements will only add to the bill.
With regards to your i drive and upgrades i note you have pro nav which previously didnt play MP3's. With the latest CIP 20 software it will.

They will normally only upgrade for free if you are experiencing faults with your i drive

The dvd can play disks with around 1000 tracks burnt to it or the single cd around 150. The changer doesnt play mp3 disks. With that capacity who needs an aux drive.

They will also probably need your car overnight for the software to be downloaded.

To my knowledge the latest software doesnt add anything else that is obviously apparent.
Thanks everyone for that! Most helpful, doesn't sound like they do much for the 1st service then! I forgot to mention that it's a company car, so cost doesn't really matter, but it still sounds expensive! Also it's a December 04, so only just over 1 year old.

I suppose I was hoping that they would upgrade the iDrive as a matter of course, I'd like MP3 playback, but as I've not really had any problems with it, apart from it crashing and being really slow at times, (iDrive, not the car!) there's not much reason to complain! (or is there?)

BTW I noticed the new prof sat nav is 3D and has clouds etc, is that an iDrive upgrade away, or is it part of the new nav DVD?