E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

First Pictures Of The Diesel Beast!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 11:53 AM

Doc

Noticed your exhaust pipes are not the normal diesel ones (bent down). I wonder if BMW has changed them as I have a friend whose are the 'bent type'.

Steve
Old 06-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congratulations DD!! your car looks awesome, spectacular interior and superb choice of options.
i so love titanium grey! how does it feel with that much torque pulling you down M77?
it is grip, grip and more grip.

i believe the button on the door control panel is for the folding mirrors correct?
the exhaust tail pipe are the new ones which conform the the higher standard correct?

i was as excited as you during your countdown, what a car doc. drive, drive and more drive.
if you have a moment i like to see the folding mirrors (in folded position), extended interior light (at handle & ext mirror) and the tv function on idrive please.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I think that button on the door handle is for the window lock. I have the power rear sunshade and rather than the one big button, I have two, one with the green light for the window lock and the other for the power sunshade.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Contributors

OK, some early points

Firstly thanks everybody for the nice posts

The car is in a locked garage overnight so oiks needn't apply
The window switches are bottom..lock for rears, top..button for folding in wing mirrors.
Interestingly, I didn't delete smokers pack so am abit annoyed there are no power sockets in the rear...needed these for the kids dvd player for long journeys...Wonder if the wiring is behind the panel. However, my panel is at least wood and not plastic.

the power socket in the trunk (boot) is also not there, I do however, have the various storage places and cubby holes including one with a door!

There is no flashlight in the glovebox

Voice Control is not working HOWEVER I noted on my invoice that ?190 was deducted from the cost to compensate, apparantly it can be added later when the software arrives for around that cost.

It pulls like a train and sounds so so so undiesel like.

The Sun-Protection Privacy glass is fantastic (and looks great as well)

The Single CD drive shows cd-text, the changer doesnt. Neither play MP3

The television is really neat but I haven't found the teletext function yet!...maybey its not there!

The exhaust is straight as the EU4 spec engine has a particulate filter (the idrive service menu says it needs changed in another 120,000 miles !)

freebies......nice "5" keyrings, mats, mudflaps, get it washed whenever I like etc etc.

altogether the best BMW I have owned

I'll do my best to photograph any special requests you may have over the next few days, just post them

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>WELL WORTH THE WAIT</span>
Old 06-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Contributors

It is a gorgous car!!! I guess it is time to change your signiture to take away the ordered.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Contributors

Just done that very thing....spooky or what?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Senior Members

Congratulations and welcome to E60 owners club!
Old 06-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Senior Members

Hey DD! Congratulations!!!!!

It looks fantastic!!! And I really like the anthracite maple trim inside. I also wish we could get in the US that TV function, that could be great, but no luck.

Also, it's nice to see the maple trim on the rear of the console, since it's the first one I've seen posted with it from the factory.

Looks really nice......
Old 06-04-2004, 01:09 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations DD.

I guess you'll be out later to check out the xenon lights and the extended lights package.

No torch in glovebox? I thought that was UK standard along with the First Aid Kit, triangle etc. Maybe the power sockets at the back are not UK standard either.

Enjoy!!!!
Old 06-04-2004, 01:18 PM
Members

hey Doc CONGRATULATIONS!!! The wait is definitely over!!!! Good Luck!!

gonzo

Quick Reply: First Pictures Of The Diesel Beast!