E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

First attempt to buy a 5 series falls flat

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:05 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1050439' date='Nov 8 2009, 11:34 PM
Did your car have a full OEM Mtech kit worth $2500-3000 installed? M5 trunk finisher? Paint matched grills? Near perfect paint? CPO warranty till 100K miles or 11/27/2011? Brand new R1concepts slotted brake rotors/Axxis Deluxe brake pads? New battery? New Nav disk?

My car is for sale for $30,500, which is below book. Perhaps you should do some research before commenting on a subject on which it is clear your experience counts for nothing. Please keep your comments to yourself next time, Rick.

vikingshelmut, good luck with your search for the perfect car for you.
Dranged, no offense, but the man expressed an opinion. Isn't this the beauty of this forum? I personally want to hear everybody's comments. I don't have to like them, but everybody has a right to free speech in this country, last time I checked.

Back to your car, although all the mods you mentioned are absolutely great, mods are highly subjective and are not appreciated by 100% of the population. It's like having a pool; it's great fun to have, but good luck trying to sell your house. I know people who have had to have their pools filled with dirt before they were able to sell their house and the same goes with mods. Unless you sell to another mod enthusiast, you are probably going to get book value for your car. This is one reason why most people de-mod and put the car back to its original (or close) state, when they sell. At least they can sell the mods on here or other venues.

Even if you decide to keep the car, unless you have a rider on your insurance that covers the extras, your insurance would only pay book value if, God forbid, your car was a total loss.

Anyway, I always enjoy your posts and am happy to be a part of this little community. Peace.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1050713' date='Nov 9 2009, 10:05 AM
Dranged, no offense, but the man expressed an opinion. Isn't this the beauty of this forum? I personally want to hear everybody's comments. I don't have to like them, but everybody has a right to free speech in this country, last time I checked.

Back to your car, although all the mods you mentioned are absolutely great, mods are highly subjective and are not appreciated by 100% of the population. It's like having a pool; it's great fun to have, but good luck trying to sell your house. I know people who have had to have their pools filled with dirt before they were able to sell their house and the same goes with mods. Unless you sell to another mod enthusiast, you are probably going to get book value for your car. This is one reason why most people de-mod and put the car back to its original (or close) state, when they sell. At least they can sell the mods on here or other venues.

Even if you decide to keep the car, unless you have a rider on your insurance that covers the extras, your insurance would only pay book value if, God forbid, your car was a total loss.

Anyway, I always enjoy your posts and am happy to be a part of this little community. Peace.
Markets dictate pricing, and good deals are subjective. Your pool analogy may work in cold climates like Mass. or MN, but the opposite is true in warm climates like AZ...try to sell your house in AZ without a pool. Insurance policies differ state to state and company to company, so your statement regarding add ons is not necessarily fact. This is the WorldWideWeb, so the free country analogy is out the window as well.

Like I said, my car is priced below book and below current market pricing, so I am aslo entitled to my opinion as well, no?

KBB: Private Party - Excellent$30,985 Good$29,385 Fair$27,185 RETAIL: $34,385 Keep in mind, this pricing does not factor in the CPO 100K warranty.

NADA is worthless as it does not differentiate between sport/non-sport. NADA also does not factor in most optional equipment. But according to NADA, my mileage is only a $275 negative factor on my cars price.

Anyway...my point is, uninformed comments regarding pricing on other members FS threads can only cause trouble, case in point. So, people, please keep comments regarding pricing of other members FS thread to yourselves so as not to start WWIII. If you have a concern, PM the FS party or don't buy the item for sale. Otherwise, let the market dictate pricing.

BTW, thanks, I enjoy my posts too.

Vikingshelmut, sorry about the thread jack and again, good luck with finding the right 550i for your particular needs.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1050779' date='Nov 9 2009, 09:17 AM
Vikingshelmut, sorry about the thread jack and again, good luck with finding the right 550i for your particular needs.
No problem DRANGED. I'm still looking, but inventory in the Bay Area is a little skimpy right now.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rick circeo' post='1050620' date='Nov 9 2009, 07:08 AM
Let's see, no, yes, no, yes, no, no, yes, yes. But it also had 34k less miles than yours, which is a significant value factor. Sorry to strike a nerve dranged. Good luck with the sale.
It's ok Rick, I apologize if my comment was out of line. The problem with commenting on pricing of another members FS item is, it can only serve to anger that individual with the item FS. Instead of commenting, people should let the market dictate pricing. If one thinks the price is too high, simply do not buy the item For Sale. Non sale of an item speaks for itself, without commenting and angering anyone.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vikingshelmut' post='1050783' date='Nov 9 2009, 11:19 AM
No problem DRANGED. I'm still looking, but inventory in the Bay Area is a little skimpy right now.
Thanks for your understanding. I'm sure the perfect 550 will pop up soon, just be patient and don't rush into buying a car you'll regret down the road.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1050779' date='Nov 9 2009, 12:17 PM
BTW, thanks, I enjoy my posts too.
You are incorrigible. and I was going to add: "You should be hung," but I know that you're going to reply that you are.

Anyway, good luck with the sale. I hope you get what you're asking for. Your car is gorgeous with all those mods and if you find a house in Arizona without a pool let me know because I don't like the chemicals on my pretty skin.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1050817' date='Nov 9 2009, 09:59 AM
...... and if you find a house in Arizona without a pool let me know because I don't like the chemicals on my pretty skin.
fvckin joe haha
Old 11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SergeyM' post='1050487' date='Nov 9 2009, 12:20 AM
You are so wrong. 2007 Sport package includes comfort seats. Big difference.
Exactly, I will never buy a car with sport seats again. I am in the market for a 550i. I have seen many 2006 550i for great deals, but the lack of comfort seats is a deal breaker.