E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

First Accident in My Baby!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 04:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: V8 beast!

Glad to hear you're ok.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by MaxBuck' post='213401' date='Dec 20 2005, 02:53 AM
I had my first accident in my e60 today. Merged onto freeway, after which a car hits an adjacent SUV, then spins out and thumps into my passenger side. Hard. Yet I had no problems whatsoever in controlling my 5er. Solid as a tank, and very controllable. The Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires kept me in perfect control, even on "black ice" that was creating havoc among the other drivers. Problem: my pass-side air curtain bag deployed, and my passenger window is permanently down. Not good in 5-degree-F weather.

Tough part is that with everybody in central Ohio playing bumper cars in the cold and slippy weather, it will be the first week of January till I can get my baby into the body shop. Best I can hope for from Enterprise is a Nissan Maxima. And I will need to pay out of pocket the diff between that car and the standard Oldsmobile Alero (piece-of-shite). For a month and a half, or thereabouts.

OK, whining is done, now. I'm alive and healthy, and my daughter is coming home for Christmas from Houston. That part, at least, is excellent!

Good to hear you're OK

Too bad your daughter now has to ride in a Maxima :thumbsdown:

Season Greetings from the North Pole!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='214447
I had my first accident in my e60 today. Merged onto freeway, after which a car hits an adjacent SUV, then spins out and thumps into my passenger side. Hard. Yet I had no problems whatsoever in controlling my 5er. Solid as a tank, and very controllable. The Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires kept me in perfect control, even on "black ice" that was creating havoc among the other drivers. Problem: my pass-side air curtain bag deployed, and my passenger window is permanently down. Not good in 5-degree-F weather.

Tough part is that with everybody in central Ohio playing bumper cars in the cold and slippy weather, it will be the first week of January till I can get my baby into the body shop. Best I can hope for from Enterprise is a Nissan Maxima. And I will need to pay out of pocket the diff between that car and the standard Oldsmobile Alero (piece-of-shite). For a month and a half, or thereabouts.

OK, whining is done, now. I'm alive and healthy, and my daughter is coming home for Christmas from Houston. That part, at least, is excellent!

Good to hear you're OK

Too bad your daughter now has to ride in a Maxima :thumbsdown:

Season Greetings from the North Pole!
[/quote]Actually, my daughter is riding primarily in my wife's Lexus SUV.

One good thing has come out of this experience so far. After driving the Maxima (objectively a pretty good automobile), I am even more enamored of my e60. So far superior to the Nissan flagship. What an incredible car!

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Chappy Chanukah, Krazy Kwanzaa to all e60.net devotees! Especially to those north of the Arctic circle!
Old 12-23-2005, 01:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

is it really that much of a step down? Amazing. Makes me crave my new car even more!!!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Senior Members

maxbuck,

just curious, but who will you have do your repair work. Since I'm a few miles from you, it would be nice to know who does good body work that you have found.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Originally Posted by gdavis' post='214958' date='Dec 23 2005, 12:59 PM
maxbuck,

just curious, but who will you have do your repair work. Since I'm a few miles from you, it would be nice to know who does good body work that you have found.
gdavis, if time were no object I would have the work done by TruePerformance. However they cannot even get me in until after New Year's. Consequently I am getting the repairs done at Combs. MAG says Combs is OK; my experience with TruePerformance is great, though. They are artists.