E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Accident in My Baby!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!
Smile

I had my first accident in my e60 today. Merged onto freeway, after which a car hits an adjacent SUV, then spins out and thumps into my passenger side. Hard. Yet I had no problems whatsoever in controlling my 5er. Solid as a tank, and very controllable. The Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires kept me in perfect control, even on "black ice" that was creating havoc among the other drivers. Problem: my pass-side air curtain bag deployed, and my passenger window is permanently down. Not good in 5-degree-F weather.

Tough part is that with everybody in central Ohio playing bumper cars in the cold and slippy weather, it will be the first week of January till I can get my baby into the body shop. Best I can hope for from Enterprise is a Nissan Maxima. And I will need to pay out of pocket the diff between that car and the standard Oldsmobile Alero (piece-of-shite). For a month and a half, or thereabouts.

OK, whining is done, now. I'm alive and healthy, and my daughter is coming home for Christmas from Houston. That part, at least, is excellent!
Old 12-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

Very sorry to hear.

Hang in there. There are worst things that could've happened.

Happy Holidays.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

sorry to hear about your car glad to hear that you are OK and that your daughter will spend the holiday with you happy holiday!
post pics...not so I am sure...but you know us here we've got to see...
Old 12-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Sorry to hear about your baby being in a accident. Best of all, your OK, the car can be repaired as good as new. Stay happy, with your daughter coming home it shold be the joy in your life. The car will be fixed. Have a happy holiday and I hope Santa is good to your daughter.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by MaxBuck' post='213401' date='Dec 19 2005, 07:53 PM
I had my first accident in my e60 today. Merged onto freeway, after which a car hits an adjacent SUV, then spins out and thumps into my passenger side. Hard. Yet I had no problems whatsoever in controlling my 5er. Solid as a tank, and very controllable. The Bridgestone Blizzak snow tires kept me in perfect control, even on "black ice" that was creating havoc among the other drivers. Problem: my pass-side air curtain bag deployed, and my passenger window is permanently down. Not good in 5-degree-F weather.

Tough part is that with everybody in central Ohio playing bumper cars in the cold and slippy weather, it will be the first week of January till I can get my baby into the body shop. Best I can hope for from Enterprise is a Nissan Maxima. And I will need to pay out of pocket the diff between that car and the standard Oldsmobile Alero (piece-of-shite). For a month and a half, or thereabouts.

OK, whining is done, now. I'm alive and healthy, and my daughter is coming home for Christmas from Houston. That part, at least, is excellent!
Bad = car. Good = everyone OK. You are not whining--not really. Good luck with your repair happening soon and being perfect.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Contributors

Same here...sorry to hear that and it will be helpful with us to share the pain with you by showing us some pictures of HERS.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:09 PM
Contributors

It's an epidemic!!!

Hit and Run
Old 12-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Sorry to hear about that, but the important thing is you're OK.

Enjoy Christmas with your daughter--your car will be looking like new before you know it. Name:  santa.gif
Views: 22
Size:  223 Bytes Name:  santa.gif
Views: 22
Size:  223 Bytes
Old 12-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Contributors

Bad things happen in threes. Third accident in last few days.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Sorry to hear about your accident - but try to remember - it is only a car and cna be fixed (I know, its not only a car to me wither, but I'm trying to help)

BTW - An Alero is what I drove before upgrading to an e60 - it is really not a bad car if you give it a try

Quick Reply: First Accident in My Baby!