E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Finally received my 530i !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by a061444' date='Mar 9 2005, 05:21 PM
ebmcs03,

Thanks for posting my pictures.? I don't know why I can't post them?? I'll try to figure it out.? But, if you don't mind, I will have some more pictures for you to post soon.? Thanks again.

As shown in the picture, the low beam day time running lights are on.? I do have Xenon but they were off at the time of the picture.

The dealer installed the euro reflectors free of charge the day the car arrived.? Most impressive salesperson I've dealt with so far.?

Leonard.
[snapback]99342[/snapback]
No problem... send those pics over and I'll be glad to post them.

Ya those are DRLs I have them. At times I want them off but times I want them on for safety... driving at dusk and dawn or even BRIGHT sunlight its easier to spot a car with DRLs so for the meantime I'll keep DRLs on my car. I have swapped them out to Sylvania Silverstars... thats a little whiter...

If bought at regular price $50 I wouldnt do it. but I got them on sale for $30 a pair so its ok.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

Beautiful car. I should have purchase the SMG transmision when i ordered my car last year.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

congrats~~ nice pictures and nice car~~
Old 03-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Ops sorry.. i didn't notice he has xenons for his car.. My bad!

EBMCS03, you should charge a dollar per picture!
Old 03-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Mar 9 2005, 08:15 PM
EBMCS03, you should charge a dollar per picture!? ? ?
[snapback]99418[/snapback]
Hahahha what? Admission fee? for those who view it or for me helping to post? LOL Posting nah its ok. I rather put in the effort to help post so I myself can see the pics LOL I'm a high res pic freak!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 9 2005, 05:47 PM
Ya those are DRLs I have them. At times I want them off but times I want them on for safety... driving at dusk and dawn or even BRIGHT sunlight its easier to spot a car with DRLs so for the meantime I'll keep DRLs on my car. I have swapped them out to Sylvania Silverstars... thats a little whiter...

If bought at regular price $50 I wouldnt do it. but I got them on sale for $30 a pair so its ok.
[snapback]99351[/snapback]
I would like to have my Angel Eyes on all the time. If I ask the dealer to turn on DRLs for me,

1) Will the outside angel eye light up with the inside DRL?
2) What happens when you flash the hi-beam. If the inside light is always on what happens?
3) The full frontal shot shows the DRLs on but no angel eye on the outside. Then the 3/4 shot with fog lights on looks like the Angel eye is lit.

Can you please explain what DRLs on Xenons would do for me. Thank you
Old 03-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:31 PM
I would like to have my Angel Eyes on all the time.? If I ask the dealer to turn on DRLs for me,

2) What happens when you flash the hi-beam.? If the inside light is always on what happens?
3) The full frontal shot shows the DRLs on but no angel eye on the outside.? Then the 3/4 shot with fog lights on looks like the Angel eye is lit.

Can you please explain what DRLs on Xenons would do for me.? Thank you
[snapback]99441[/snapback]

1.) No outside angel eyes will not light up with the DRLs the only way to do that is to turn the headlight dial to "parking lamps" (*one click to the right*) then you will have DRLs and the parking lamps on which includes both sets of angel eyes.

(* I wish BMW just used the angel eyes for DRLs that would look good*)

2.) When you flash the high beams with DRLs they go into full power. With DRLs, the halogen (* inner lights*) are only powered at half power.

3.) Thats with the parking lamps on with the light switch turned one click at parking lamps position. You cannot turn on the fogs w/out first turning on some sort of light, either parking lights or low beams. When High beams come on the fogs go out.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:41 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:31 PM']I would like to have my Angel Eyes on all the time.? If I ask the dealer to turn on DRLs for me,

2) What happens when you flash the hi-beam.? If the inside light is always on what happens?
3) The full frontal shot shows the DRLs on but no angel eye on the outside.? Then the 3/4 shot with fog lights on looks like the Angel eye is lit.

Can you please explain what DRLs on Xenons would do for me.?? Thank you

1.) No outside angel eyes will not light up with the DRLs the only way to do that is to turn the headlight dial to "parking lamps" (*one click to the right*) then you will have DRLs and the parking lamps on which includes both sets of angel eyes.

2.) When you flash the high beams with DRLs they go into full power. With DRLs, the halogen (* inner lights*) are only powered at half power.

3.) Thats with the parking lamps on with the light switch turned one click at parking lamps position. You cannot turn on the fogs w/out first turning on some sort of light, either parking lights or low beams. When High beams come on the fogs go out.

Hope that helps.
[snapback]99444[/snapback]
[/quote]

I was afraid you would say that. i'll just keep using the parking lights dring dusk and overcast days.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Members

My Ride: Soon to be 2005 5-series

Thanks, for the explanation.

Does anyone know how to defeat the DRL's? Is this something you can program through I-drive or dealer only?

Ideally, I would like the DRL's to function only when 'auto lights' mode is selected. Also, when the parking lights are selected for only the angel eyes to come on. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Leonard.

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 9 2005, 11:41 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Mar 9 2005, 10:31 PM']I would like to have my Angel Eyes on all the time.? If I ask the dealer to turn on DRLs for me,

Can you please explain what DRLs on Xenons would do for me.?? Thank you

Hope that helps.
[snapback]99444[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 03-10-2005, 04:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by a061444' date='Mar 10 2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks, for the explanation.

Does anyone know how to defeat the DRL's?? Is this something you can program through I-drive or dealer only?

Ideally, I would like the DRL's to function only when 'auto lights' mode is selected. Also, when the parking lights are selected for only the angel eyes to come on.? Is this possible?

Thanks,
Leonard.
[snapback]99614[/snapback]
Its not programable through iDrive else I would have shut it off already... its a dealer change and I dont like to goto the dealer...

This is how I like DRL to work. I like it the way it is BUT I want them off when I use parking lamps. That way than there is a way for me to have only angel eyes.